Pet names/Endearments

[name]Just[/name] out of interest: What did your parents/grandparents call you as endearments?

My dad calls me “sugar plum”, mum “poppet”, nan “pet” and grandad “my sug” (like sugar with out the ar)!

So, what were yours???

[name]Elinor[/name] x

Hmm…When I was very young, my family would sometimes call me [name]Katy[/name]-bug or Katydid. (My name is [name]Katy[/name], obviously :slight_smile: ) Or Bag Lady [name]Katy[/name]…my taste in playing dress-up was a little, um, eclectic. My mn is [name]Adair[/name], so sometimes my uncle would say [name]Katy[/name] A-dog instead of [name]Katy[/name] [name]Adair[/name] just to aggravate me, because I’d get mad and protest. My brother called me [name]Kakie[/name] when he was little, and that popped up again here and there for a while.

Wow, these make it sound like my family was really mean. They aren’t really; I wasn’t called by a nickname that much. The most common was Bug, mostly by my grandmother.

I was called Pumpkin, Kitten or Lamb by my mom, and Scooter by my dad. Nothing really to do with my name! -[name]Freya[/name]

My mom’s side called me [name]Zsa[/name] or [name]Zsa[/name]-day (like [name]Jade[/name], but with an accent on the e), or petit bonbon. They’re French.
My cousins call me Ladybird or GC (long story short the C stand for cousin, the G is whatever you can come up with)
My friends call me Salamander, Freckles, Jadey-[name]Jade[/name], [name]Sunshine[/name], Munchkin, Pilgrim or [name]Ron[/name] (as in Weasley).
I get called by my last name a fair amount as well.

My maternal grandmother called me “[name]Lulu[/name]” and why I will never know since my name doesn’t have a [name]Lu[/name] or a [name]Lou[/name] in it anywhere. But everytime she saw me she would greet me with “there’s my [name]LuLu[/name]”.

My paternal grandfather used to call me “Mouse”. He explained that when I was a toddler and I laughed I sounded like a mouse squeaking so I became Mouse to him.

My mother had a lot of pet names for me, but her favourite and most used was : Shortstop [no idea, I’m pretty tall and never played that position in softball].
I don’t think my Dad really had any…he usually just called me by my name.
Extended family called me Pumpkin, Poppet, [name]Pascha[/name] (no clue), Sweet Pea and Kales (which goes off my first name)

My brother called me [name]Rex[/name] for years because I was a rather…tempestuous child and he said I was a mean dinosaur like a T-[name]Rex[/name] and that stuck.

lots of University friends called me [name]Lala[/name] (comes off my name as well) or [name]Dakota[/name] (I grew up there)

My Dad called me [name]Beck[/name] after my middle name ([name]Rebecca[/name])

My mum calls me Boo after a song she used to sing to me that went something along the lines of Wake Up Boo…

I’ve always been [name]Bee[/name] or [name]Beebee[/name] to my family. It comes from my name [name]Bree[/name] and when my sister was little she couldn’t pronounce the R in my name so she called me [name]Bee[/name]. My grandmother and my uncle sometimes call me (and my sister) [name]Louise[/name] or [name]Agnes[/name] when we get mad about something. I have no idea why though.

My dad called me Squirt.