Peter Bender?

Any opinions? [name]Do[/name] these two go together? I love the name [name]Peter[/name] so much, and would hate to give it up.

I do not particularly like the sound of the two togehter, and given that [name]Peter[/name] is a common colloquial term for a certain body part, I do not suggest pairing it with a name like Bender.

Is Bender the baby’s surname or a potential middle name?

It’s not horrible, but I would keep looking. I also have a last name that is a “word” and so many names are either actual word names, or names that sound very close to an actual word, that when you pair them with our last name, they just don’t work. It is very frustrating. I have gotten super excited about lots of names that had to be sent to the chopping block because of this type of thing. Have you thought of [name]Paul[/name] or [name]Philip[/name]? Those have a similar feel to them as [name]Peter[/name].

If you’d use [name]Dick[/name] Bender, you can use [name]Peter[/name] Bender.

Exactly how many names are now slang words for genitals? I have never heard [name]Peter[/name] used as a slang word. [name]Ever[/name].

Anyway, I don’t think [name]Peter[/name] Bender sounds the best. [name]Both[/name] have the same last syllable, which clashes as much as [name]Archer[/name] [name]Fletcher[/name] or [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Isabel[/name].

The first thing that came to my mind was a bent penis. Not a good name choice. Sorry for the vulgarity, but it is true.

Not that many… [name]Dick[/name], [name]Peter[/name], [name]Willie[/name], [name]John[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]… can’t think of others right now.

I laughed out loud when I saw the title of this thread. Now, I’m sure there are good, respectable people like SouthernMaple who won’t make the connection. But there will definitely be teasing. I, for one, think of [name]Bill[/name] [name]Clinton[/name]'s allegedly bent [name]Peter[/name].

Doggone it! I can’t use [name]Peter[/name]. Unfortunately our last name is sometimes difficult to work with. I once loved the name [name]Sterling[/name] Bender, but my husband immediately said, “bent silverware”. Thank you all very much for your input though. I needed outside opinions.

I’d add [name]Johnson[/name] to the list - though it is more of a surname.

And yeah, it would be a bit unfortunate. But if you really love the name you could consider it as a middle name - though [name]Peterson[/name] might be better.