Peter or Reuben?

See the results of this poll: Peter or Reuben as sibling to James and Leah?

Respondents: 36 (This poll is closed)

• Peter : 27 (75%)
  • Reuben: 9 (25%)

Before I opened the thread, my first choice was [name_m]Peter[/name_m]. Having seen your other children’s names, I agree even more with [name_m]Peter[/name_m]!! I also think I prefer it with your last name ([name_m]Reuben[/name_m] [name_m]ABE[/name_m]-lyn is a bit samey at the end). Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Agree with @radioabi

[name_m]Peter[/name_m] is such a great choice :slight_smile: it also eliminates the clash with the surname.

[name_m]Peter[/name_m] is lovely!

I love both, but think [name_m]Peter[/name_m] sounds better with the last name.

I have a [name_m]Peter[/name_m], so that’s why I voted for this option. He was named after [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Pan[/name_m] as well as the Biblical figure. We get a lot of compliments on his name.

Thanks for your thoughts! My husband is liking [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] as his first choice! I’m just not sure! Here are my doubts with both:
Does [name_m]Peter[/name_m] sound too similar to [name_f]Leah[/name_f]? Sibling set would be [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_f]Leah[/name_f] and [name_m]Peter[/name_m]. Also, my brothers name is [name_m]Peter[/name_m], and he nor us have a real problem with that. It’s just sort of a lack of unique-ness.

I like how [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] fits with the sib set. However, is it weird that in the Bible, [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] was the son of [name_f]Leah[/name_f]. And also [name_u]James[/name_u] has the same root as [name_m]Jacob[/name_m], Reubens father, haha ??
Also, there’s the issue of [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] “[name_m]Abe[/name_m]-lyn” my husband doesn’t mind the rhyminess of it. I’m not so sure! Obviously we can tell who the confident one is :D! Thanks for any further thoughts.

[name_m]Peter[/name_m] goes perfectly with [name_u]James[/name_u] & [name_f]Leah[/name_f]!

And no, I don’t think [name_m]Peter[/name_m] and [name_f]Leah[/name_f] sound anything alike other than they both have the long E sound.