Peter?

[name]Hi[/name] everyone,

I’ve always enjoyed reading the posts on this blog so I finally decided to join in. I’m pregnant with my first baby (sex unknown so far) and I wanted to get your opinions on a name. We’re having trouble finding a boys name we like that’s not too popular, but still a classic. What do you think of [name]Peter[/name]? Middle name would be [name]Thomas[/name]. Thanks for the help!

[name]Peter[/name] is my favorite boy’s name. [name]Thomas[/name] is in my top five.

I think its a wonderful classic name. However as my husband was so gracious to point out, its slang meaning might cause problems.

I’m not the biggest [name]Peter[/name] fan, it seems sort of tired to me, not that it’s overused (I haven’t met many Peters), it’s just a little expected, predictable. I love the name [name]Thomas[/name] though, and the names do go well together

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Peter[/name]!!! I wish I could use it (but alas with a P-lastname its not the best idea for me)… And [name]Peter[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] is Sooooooo handsome!

Congrats!

[name]Peter[/name] is an awesome name!

I do like [name]Peter[/name] [name]Thomas[/name], and if [name]Thomas[/name] has special meaning for you, then it is perfect. But, if [name]Thomas[/name] is just a name you like, then I think you might want to consider some other options that either create a more interesting flow (not another 2 syllable name) or are a bit edgier than [name]Peter[/name] to mix things up a bit.
Of course, it’s hard to know for sure what would work without knowing your last name, but here are some suggestions:
[name]Peter[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Charles[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Elliott[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Xavier[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Blaise[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] [name]Cornelius[/name]

My son is named [name]Peter[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name]. We love both of his names. He is 24, and no one has made fun of his name. That slang word is very dated. I am glad that [name]Peter[/name] isn’t popular because that way it stays fresh and original.

[name]Richard[/name] is a name that isn’t used much right now, but give it another ten or fifteen years, and I think it will be a very handsome and original choice.

Thanks for your help! The slang word was what I was worried about. I just didn’t know if anyone thought of that but me. Though I like [name]Peter[/name], isn’t my top choice. But my favorites ([name]James[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Henry[/name]) are just a little too popular right now.

[name]Thomas[/name] is my husband’s name and his father’s name so we’re pretty much stuck with that for a middle name. If we we don’t go with it, Jlm, I love your ideas for middle names.