Peyton?

Is [name]Peyton[/name] getting too popular for girls to use as a boy’s name now? I really love it for a boy paired with a very masculine middle name ([name]William[/name]). Also, [name]Peyton[/name] [name]Manning[/name] makes me think it is okay for a boy.

What do you think?

DEFINITELY still viable for a boy. I strongly prefer it for a boy. Despite the charts saying it’s so popular for girls, I still know more boys named [name]Peyton[/name]/[name]Payton[/name]. Judging by your username I’d say that you and I live in the same area so it’s probably true for you as well. I think [name]Peyton[/name] is one of those names like [name]Taylor[/name] or [name]Jordan[/name] that will always be equally as acceptable for either sex.

I agree with the pp. I think it’s still okay, and will be for a while. It sounds a lot like the [name]Aidan[/name] family to me because it has the same vowel sounds, and I think that will keep it masculine.

I love [name]Peyton[/name] for a boy.
[name]Peyton[/name] [name]William[/name]
[name]Peyton[/name] [name]Michael[/name]
[name]Peyton[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
they all sound great!

I think [name]Peyton[/name] is unisex. If I heard the name I might initially think “maybe a girl?” but I think it would be cuter on a boy.

It’s all girl to me. Sorry.

Thank you for your opinions!

I prefer [name]Peyton[/name] on a boy.