Philadelphia Lullaby

Like it or hate it, it’s my girls name.
I just wanted to thank everyone who commented on my threads, good or bad, for helping me come to a decision, namely to leave Lullaby in the middle. I understand the name might be a little dramatic, but I also find it poetic and lovely.
Please don’t leave comments saying I’m traumatizing my child for life. I just wanted to let everyone know that all my/our toiling paid off. :slight_smile:

Sounds artistic! You could call her [name]Delphie[/name]. Not my style but I love how it is different and I think it sounds nice.
~ Fuzzycub :slight_smile:

Thank you! I plan on calling her [name]Delphi[/name]! [name]Philadelphia[/name] was the perfect culmination of many names we loved. [name]Phillipa[/name], [name]Delphi[/name], [name]Della[/name]. I really do love it. [name]Happy[/name] thanksgiving weekend!

It’s different, but I like it! It’s very artsy and creative. And very cool. [name]Delphi[/name] is a great nickname. I’m glad you were able to find a way to use Lullaby. Congratulations on picking out a name!

What an interesting choice.

Congratulations on your decision and best of luck with the delivery!

I’m happy for you that you’re able to use Lullaby, even in the middle, since you like it so much. Your daughter is lucky that you’ve put so much thought and love into her names, despite any criticism you’ve received. I happen to think it’s a very interesting and beautiful name…and certainly unique!

Thank you! I plan on calling her [name]Delphi[/name]! [name]Philadelphia[/name] was the perfect culmination of many names we loved. [name]Phillipa[/name], [name]Delphi[/name], [name]Della[/name]. I really do love it. [name]Happy[/name] thanksgiving weekend![/quote]

Good for you! Congratulations on finding your perfect name. And a very happy Thanksgiving weekend to you too!
~ Fuzzycub :wink:

Wow, thanks everyone! I was so nervous posting this that my stomach was sick. I’ve reached the first day of my second trimester! Yay healthy milestones! Your responses mean a lot to me. Thank you!

Good for you! It’s fantastic that you went with what you loved.

Personally, I like the feel and sound well enough. Lullaby is, quite literally, musical, and it has a romantic edge to it, whereas [name]Philadelphia[/name] has something almost rugged to it. I like it. ^^

[name]Philadelphia[/name] is really cool! I’ve never heard it as a person’s name before (I do live in the UK though!) but I definitely think it works as it has so many sounds already in other names as you pointed out ([name]Philippa[/name], [name]Delphine[/name] etc). I think it’s lovely and I agree that the whole name has a very arty, bohemian vibe. Reminds me of [name]Soleil[/name] [name]Moon[/name] Frye and her children’s names. Not that it’s anything like them but it has the same kind of vibe.

Lullaby is perfect in the middle and has a very soft lilting sound.

Best of luck and congrats on finding a name you love :slight_smile:

Why not! We use seasons, flowers (I have a [name]Violet[/name]) places etc. all the time. Pretty sound, great nickname, original… I kind of love it :slight_smile:

At my gym there is a daycare my children go to. There is a 5 yr old [name]Philadelphia[/name] her brother is named Popcorn. Why not [name]Philadelphia[/name]? with all the Brooklyns around I dont think she will stand out that much. Best of luck and congrats!

Oh my! Popcorn? That’s a little out there even for a kook like me! To each his own, I guess.

Congratulations!! I’ve always had a soft spot for the name [name]Philadelphia[/name], and I’m glad to know there’s going to be a little [name]Philadelphia[/name] out there :slight_smile: