Philip

I’ve liked this name for a while now. [name]Do[/name] you like it? If so, which spelling do you prefer, [name]Philip[/name] or [name]Phillip[/name]?

I don’t mind [name]Philip[/name] (Greek for lover of horses). It’s an enduring choice straight from the Bible and used by royalty in numerous European countries. I would stick with [name]Philip[/name] as [name]Phillip[/name] looks like it’s missing an “e” at the end which would be the French spelling. The name is almost becoming obsolete because alot of people don’t like the nickname of [name]Phil[/name] . [name]Pip[/name] is a cute nickname substitute like the character in Great Expectations.

I like the name [name]Philip[/name]. Absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] the nn [name]Phil[/name]! It’s what we call my cousin (his name is [name]Nathaniel[/name]… :lol: )

My partners brother is named [name]Phillip[/name]. He is one of the few [name]Phillips[/name] I know. It is a familiar name that is not too common. I prefer the spelling [name]Phillip[/name], it looks more complete.

I agree that [name]Philip[/name] sounds familiar yet not very common. Personally, I prefer [name]Pip[/name] over [name]Phil[/name] as a nickname. Maybe this is due to Dr. [name]Phil[/name]'s prevalence in our culture which is a dominant household name. I think this Dr. [name]Phil[/name] association should at least be considered, but it’s not a show stopper by any stretch of the imagination. I would just follow your own instincts of course.

I vote for [name]Philip[/name] over [name]Phillip[/name]. [name]Fillip[/name] is another idea.

I like [name]Philip[/name]. I know one [name]Phil[/name], and I know a [name]Flip[/name], whose real name is [name]Philip[/name].