Phoebe vs. Ivy vs. ??? What do you think?

[name]Hi[/name] everybody!
So I really like the look, sound, and “feel” of [name]Phoebe[/name], but I have also been considering [name]Ivy[/name]… [name]How[/name] would you picture a girl with each of these names? What kind of personality do they connote? Which sounds most spunky, clever, endearing? Can you think of some other names I might like?
Many thanks!
Fuzzycub :slight_smile:
P.S. I also love the name [name]Lily[/name], but it seems to be very popular now…

Oh, and I tend to like long vowel sounds… Ay, eee, ai, oh, ooh…

Please answer if you can!
Thanks!! :wink:

[name]Phoebe[/name]- is spunky with a soft side, i.e. she’ll lose her temper then start crying because she’s afraid she hurt someone’s feelings. Really brave, always the little girl climbing to the top branch of the tree and getting her knees skinned playing sports. [name]Will[/name] grow into a graceful young lady, with a fiery side. Absolutely gorgeous name.

[name]Ivy[/name]- is refined, quiet, and ambitious. the “peacemaker” between sibings and friends, very mature. shy and prefers to have one best friend rather than a big group of them. loves nature and reading, and is very attached to her mother. Pretty name that ages well- it’s cute with its shortness and -y ending, but also sounds sophisticated enough as she grows.

Personally, I prefer the name [name]Phoebe[/name], but both are great names- all up to you. :slight_smile:

I like [name]Phoebe[/name] - it’s a name I visualise for a funny, adorable and spunky girl. The only issue I find with this name is that it has a “youthful” feel to it (eg. I can’t really see a mature, older woman named [name]Phoebe[/name]). There is another thing to think about [name]Phoebe[/name] - for people in [name]North[/name] [name]America[/name], it still is strongly associated with the TV show Friends (eg. a blond with a few screws loose is the best description I can come up with this late at night). Now on to [name]Ivy[/name] . I love this name. Atlhough it has a vintage charm, it lacks stuffiness and it projects a vigorous image. It’s also a name that would feel right for either a baby, schoolgirl or an adult woman. I like [name]Lily[/name] too but as you’ve stated in your post its popularity would lead me to hesitate in choosing this name. Other names you might like are [name]Violet[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Juno[/name], [name]Clio[/name], [name]Penelope[/name], [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Isis[/name] and the like.

Thank you so much!! I am really grateful to you for responding!
~ Fuzzycub :wink: :slight_smile: :smiley:

Thanks for the detailed response and the thoughtful name suggestions! I have actually considered [name]Iris[/name] in the past and [name]Isis[/name] is cool too :slight_smile: I will have to think about this!

Hmm I need more answers! Please? What do you guys think??

Anybody?

I think [name]Ivy[/name] makes a cute middle name - the “poison ivy” thing makes me shun it as a first name.
[name]Phoebe[/name] for that reason, then, and because it’s longer and seems more substantial. It ages well. I can totally see it on an older person as well as a baby - I should know, it was my g-g grans’s name!
Having said that, I’m not in love with [name]Phoebe[/name] - I prefer [name]Penelope[/name].