Phoebe

My husband adores this name and at first I hated it but it keeps growing on me. Very weird. [name]Just[/name] kinda wanted input on what people thought of the name and maybe Phoebes they know in real life?

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Phoebe[/name]. :slight_smile: It’s so perfect…it fits in seamlessly with all the Sophias running about but is still distinctive, it has a rich history, a great meaning (“bright, shining”), it’s fun to say. I adore nn [name]Bibi[/name].

I don’t know any Phoebes myself, but I’ve considered using the name before. It’s one of my top contenders.

[name]Hi[/name], Saranel! [name]How[/name]'ve you been? :slight_smile: I love the name [name]Phoebe[/name]! I think it’s adorable, yet not cutesy, if that makes sense. Plus, I can also see an elegant adult named [name]Phoebe[/name], so it’s really a versatile name to me. I know of a teenager named [name]Phoebe[/name], and she’s beautiful and bright. Oh! I also know of a toddler named [name]Phoebe[/name], and she’s just darling.

I love how a [name]Phoebe[/name] can be called “[name]Bee[/name]” for short. (I once met a [name]Bee[/name], which I believe was short for [name]Beatrice[/name], and I thought it sounded spunky!) :slight_smile:

If it’s the perfect name for you, I hope you go for it!

Take care and have a great day! :slight_smile:

[name]Jill[/name]??? I feel like I just saw a ghost!!!

I love the name [name]Phoebe[/name]! I’ve never met one in real life, but I picture an adorable little blonde girl. It seems like half the people on name berry don’t like it, and the other half love it! I like everything about it, actually. It’s perky and chipper, but also sophisticated. I can picture [name]Phoebe[/name] at any age or walk of life. I just think it’s an all around great name.

Hey, you!!! Yep, it’s me! I miss everyone so much! :slight_smile: Give [name]Dash[/name] hugs from me! :slight_smile: You’ve been in my thoughts, and I hope you’ve been well!

I know two Phoebes in life. Only is nearly 6ft but goes by the nn ‘‘Pheebs’’ cause it suits her more than the dainty [name]Phoebe[/name], She’s very glamourous and intelligent. The other is a toddler who is just a beutiful person inside and out.

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Jill[/name]! I’ve been good still looking for the perfect names for [name]Elijah[/name]'s future brothers/sisters. :slight_smile: [name]Love[/name] the feedback on [name]Phoebe[/name]. The only one I knew when my husband suggested it was the girl from the magic school bus who always said thing were different at her old school. Oh and [name]Annie[/name] [name]Oakley[/name] but its hard to think of her by her real name. Does anyone know a good book with a strong [name]Phoebe[/name] character? (Not just [name]Holden[/name]'s little sister.)

[name]Hi[/name]! As the mother of [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Jane[/name], I guess should weigh in here!
When I named [name]Phoebe[/name], I only knew 3. Two were very stylish women, one a teenager who was the niece of one of the others. To me, it is a classic but uncommon name. It was my husband’s favorite because he was in love with [name]Phoebe[/name] Cates! I get very positive reactions, [name]IRL[/name]. I have only run into one other little [name]Phoebe[/name], and most people compliment it and say that they never hear the name. On NB, it does seem to be a polarizing name. Either you love it, or you hate it! But honestly, I find that comforting, because it leads me to believe that there is something inherent about [name]Phoebe[/name] that will keep it from the top 10. I think the confusing spelling is a part of this, but we have had much less trouble with it than I anticipated. It rose a bit this year in popularity, but it seems to have largely peaked and hovers around the 325-350 area.
[name]Phoebe[/name] is about as rich in history as you can get. [name]Phoebe[/name] was a Greek Titan, and one of the names for the goddess of the moon. She is a strong female character in the New Testament (a patroness of the early church), a character in [name]Shakespeare[/name]'s ‘As You Like It,’ as well as [name]Phoebe[/name] Caulfield, which you mentioned. I think some people find the sound of the name to be silly, but they are usually not aware of the great history of this name. I fact, I recently pointed this out to someone on NB who called the name flimsy, and she wrote bacl that I had made her rethink the name.
All in all, we have been very happy with our choice. My little [name]Phoebe[/name] is 2.5 now, and embodies the attributes I assign to the name-spunk, sass, and sweetness. I think I may go a bit farther afield next time to a name that is a bit more uncommon, but [name]Phoebe[/name] is a name that goes well with many other names, so it is a great start to a sibset.

To be honest, I dont really like it. I dont like the sound of it. I have never really met a [name]Pheobe[/name].
Its not really my style.

I love the name [name]Phoebe[/name]!