Pick Favorites - Open to Suggestions

Okay so I’ve lurked on this site for months because I’m a name nerd. I’ve only recently registered. I’m 25 and nowhere near children. But I need some help naming a furry member of the family :wink:

[name]Stella[/name] ( my fave but my Belgian bf says it reminds him of the crappy beer)
[name]Mischa[/name] (mee-sha)
[name]Lola[/name]
[name]Belle[/name] (bf’s suggestion - I’m not thrilled)
[name]Molly[/name]/[name]Mollie[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Tess[/name]/[name]Tessa[/name]

I really want to come up with something unique. [name]Mischa[/name] seems to be the only one my bf and I can agree on at this point. But I’m open to new suggestions.

[name]Welcome[/name], and congrats on the furry one! [name]Cat[/name], dog, bunny, guinea-pig (or something else)?

I think [name]Mischa[/name] can be cute on someone furry. My last cat was called [name]Molly[/name], so I fully support that name as well.

[name]Unique[/name] names that can suit furry little ones:
[name]Alessi[/name], Asherah, [name]Bellatrix[/name], [name]Boudicca[/name], [name]Chihiro[/name], [name]Cricket[/name], Ellyllon, Firefly, Fosette, Honeysuckle, Iynx, [name]Jinx[/name], Loveday, [name]Lulu[/name], Lussi, [name]Luz[/name], Mazikeen, Mondfee, Nizhoni, Nyxie, [name]Radella[/name], Tinkerbell, Trixibell, Waterlily

Some cute Belgian/Dutch names:
Willemijn, Femke, [name]Elke[/name], Maike, Minke, [name]Thirza[/name], Angelien, [name]Kato[/name], [name]Inge[/name], Loes, Mien, Roos, [name]Silke[/name], Stien,

My cats are Galahad and [name]Buttercup[/name].

I guess I didn’t specify which type! She will be a dog. Dalmatian specifically. Although I’m trying to avoid any stereotypical names.

I kind of like [name]Cricket[/name] that’s cute! [name]Jinx[/name] would be cute for a cat.
I had looked into Dutch names as well. I do like Minke and Roos. Another I had liked was Lieke or [name]Saskia[/name].

I want somethink kind of short & cutesy without being TOO cutesy. haha.

I do like [name]Mischa[/name] and think it would work. But I’m having trouble commiting. I feel like awhile back I heard this name and said “hey! That would be great for my next dog/cat” but now I can’t remember. And of course I never write anything down…

I love [name]Mischa[/name]! Other suggestions:

[name]Pepper[/name]
[name]Kiska[/name]
[name]Kriska[/name]
[name]Tatum[/name]
[name]Maizie[/name]
[name]Mamie[/name]

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Cricket[/name]! It’s a sweet little name for a lovable dog!

On your list, I like:

[name]Stella[/name]- I like this name, but I can’t really picture it on a dog
[name]Mischa[/name]- It’s unique and pet-friendly
[name]Molly[/name]- I love this for pets and people

Suggestions:

[name]June[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]

Congratulations on your new family member! :slight_smile:

I think [name]Penny[/name]'s cute on dog, as well as [name]Lola[/name]! I also thought I’d chime in because I’ve got Dutch friends with the names [name]Anneke[/name], [name]Olympia[/name] ([name]Oly[/name]), [name]Liv[/name], and [name]Fiona[/name], in case any of those strike your fancy!

I love [name]Penny[/name] (I love the Beatles… so “[name]Penny[/name] [name]Lane[/name]”) but one of my best friend’s little [name]Cairn[/name] Terrier is [name]Penny[/name] and it could get confusing. [name]Liv[/name], or [name]Livvy[/name] could be cute. I thought of [name]Olive[/name].

I asked my bf (since he is the Dutch one) to think of some Dutch names… but he could care less. Haha.

Btw-I like your signature “Collecting not expecting”

[name]Piper[/name] & [name]Lila[/name] have already been nixed by the bf :frowning:
Whenever he sees [name]Piper[/name] he wants to pronounce it with a short “i” sound.

I do like [name]Pepper[/name] as well!

Okay I’m going to try to add a photo of her, so let’s see how it goes! I have never tried on this forum before

Okay I’m going to try to add a photo of her, so let’s see how it goes! I have never tried on this forum before

This is her when we picked her out at 4-5 weeks

Awww…how adorable!!! Now I want a Dalmatian! Ours is a Wheaten terrier, chosen because they don’t shed (and because they are also c-u-t-e!). [name]Do[/name] Dalmatians shed much? She is gorgeous. You will have so much fun with her! What inspired you to pick a Dalmatian? I’ve only ever known one family with a Dalmatian, but they’re so gorgeous that I don’t know why they’re not more popular! More ideas for you:

[name]Arwen[/name]
[name]Zoya[/name]
Chella
Leisl
[name]Curry[/name]
[name]Shyla[/name]
[name]Lilou[/name] (lee-loo)
[name]Ayelet[/name]
[name]Arlet[/name]
[name]Timber[/name]
[name]Tova[/name]
[name]Pola[/name]
[name]Zora[/name]
[name]Pippy[/name]

I like [name]Zoya[/name]! I had suggested [name]Zola[/name]. I had tried [name]Pippa[/name], i like [name]Pippy[/name] too.

I kind of have a feeling that he has his mind set on [name]Mischa[/name], and it’s going to be hard to get him to agree to anything else but I can try!!

And yes they do shed. They are short hair dogs. As I’ve been reading up on them I’ve found its kind of a joke among Dalmatian owners that they shed twice a year- 6 mos in the spring and 6 mos in the fall. But our breeder said with a good diet and regular brushing you can help cut down on how much.

I’m just so excited to get her! 16 days!!

Aww congrats, she is so adorable!! [name]Pepper[/name] would be pretty sticking cute, but perhaps a bit cliche? I also think Crickit is perfect. She does look a little bit like a [name]Mischa[/name] though… Good luck! =]