Pick your favorite combo of my girls name

So I want to name her [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]. [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is less common than the other variations, it’s the 76th most popular girl name. It’s a stand alone name, the [name_m]French[/name_m] version. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband wants to go with [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] and nick name her [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]. [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] is like in the top 20 I think. Last name is a one syllable color name starts with B. [name_m]Just[/name_m] wanted to see what other people thought. Which one do you think sounds the best/prettiest? Stands out the most? What kind of vibes does the name give you?

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]

[name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] or belle

[name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] or [name_f]Belle[/name_f]

I’m not sure where you’re from, but assuming you’re in the US, Sofia is in the top 15, and the Sophia spelling in the top 5. Sophie is in the top 60. So if popularity is something that you’re concerned about, then I would definitely pick Sophie, and not Sofia. Sophie is my favourite, anyway! She feels a lot sweeter to me than Sofia, and she’s a tiny bit more unexpected. I also don’t really see a point in naming her Sofia when you’ll call her Sophie anyway, since Sophie is a name that can stand on its own just fine. Sophie Juliet is such a beautiful, romantic combination!

1 Like

I really dislike the popularity of [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] / [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] but I do think it sounds more grown up/timeless than [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] yet still gives you the [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] option. Personally I’d probably write [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] on the B/C to give her a more formal name during adulthood but then only ever call her [name_f]Sophie[/name_f].

From your MN options I prefer [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], it gives a more timeless feel.

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite of your options is [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], that’s simply personal preference on the individual names and how they sound together.

2 Likes

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], absolutely!

1 Like

[name_f]Sofia[/name_f], [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] are all pretty popular so you may want to consider another name if that’s a concern. If you like [name_m]French[/name_m], maybe [name_f]Suzette[/name_f] or [name_f]Allaire[/name_f] or [name_f]Camille[/name_f]? Those are much less popular.

Of this list, though, I do think [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] or [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] sounds more sophisticated, especially with the last name being shorter. So [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] or [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f].

1 Like

I adore sofia juliet!

1 Like

[name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] :purple_heart:

1 Like

I like all the [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] combos better than the [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] combos. I don’t think “Belle” works with your last name though.
So I’d go with either [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] or [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f].

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Sophie[/name_f]. It doesn’t sound any less professional than [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] to me, or any more like a nickname. I feel like [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is a perfectly fine stand alone name. She’s sweet, charming, and just a bit unexpected. She feels sunny and warm to me while [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] actually feels harsher to my ears. In this case, I’m also of the mind that if you’re gonna just call her [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] anyway, might as well put [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] on the birth certificate. And that’s coming from somebody who loves nicknames!

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite combo would definitely be [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]. It’s very melodic in flow, and I think it’ll flow better with your last name over [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] or [name_f]Belle[/name_f].

If you wanted a nickname for [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], there’s always [name_f]Soph[/name_f] and [name_f]Fifi[/name_f], or you could do SJ with her initials!

1 Like

I like [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] or [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]!

1 Like

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is my favourite - elegant and sophisticated.

1 Like

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is lovely

1 Like

[name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is my favourite. I’m not a fan of the ‘ph’ in Sophie/Sophia. But then if you want to call her [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], I would go towards [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] so it makes more sense.

1 Like

I definitely vote for [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]!

1 Like

[name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]! Soo pretty.

1 Like

Going based off of which one is the prettiest to me I would choose

[name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] flows so well, I think it’s beautiful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I prefer the sound of [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] over [name_f]Sophie[/name_f], but I feel that [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] feels more complete? I don’t know why I feel that way…
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] are both so incredibly gorgeous, it’s nearly impossible to choose! :heart_eyes:
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] would most likely have Jules/ [name_f]Julie[/name_f] as the most intuitive nickname? And [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] would be [name_f]Belle[/name_f]?
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is less popular, so based on that I’d choose [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]. But based on the sound and on the intuitive nicknames I’m choosing [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]. :heart_eyes:
You honestly can’t go wrong, [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] and [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] are both stunning and elegant classics. And [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] are both dreamy, romantic and melodic classics. [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] would be the prettiest sister names. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I do normally like the idea of names and then built in nicknames, but I do think that [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] is a stand alone name, so I would use that if you do intent to call her [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] all the time. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite combo is definitely: [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] - stunning! If you go with [name_f]Sofia[/name_f], then I like: [name_f]Sofia[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]

1 Like