Pick your penname!

even if you’re not a writer, what would you pick for a penname, assuming you couldn’t use just your first and last name? feel free to do anything else, though ! use your middle name, use variations, use initials, pick a whole new name, whatever!

i would go with Revere August (my fn and mn), since i love it and it would put me at the start of the shelves (when sorted alphabetically)
if had to do something totally new, I’d do Theodore Rain or Theodore Florence <3

1 Like

Elise McArthur is one I often use— Elise, of course, is my name, and McArthur is a family surname.

If not, then I’d do Màiri McArthur.

3 Likes

I like [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] Allred. [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] would come from my middle name (Jo), and then the All- in Allred comes from my first name which is [name_u]Allie[/name_u]. So I’d be swapping my initials and extending them.

2 Likes

first of all, Estelle June Lachlann is so cool !! i love Estelle

i changed my pfp last night, then i changed it again this morning haha
thank you! <3

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] pen name is [name_m]Jack[/name_m] [name_m]Seamus[/name_m]. It’s my nickname and my middle name, and I quite like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_u]Vivian[/name_u] [name_m]Blackburn[/name_m]

1 Like

I’m feeling [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] today, lol. It’ll change in a hot a minute, but [name_u]Prairie[/name_u] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] at this point :joy:

1 Like

I think it’d be J. [name_m]Rhodes[/name_m] or maybe even [name_f]Jessamyn[/name_f] [name_m]Rhodes[/name_m].

[name_m]Rhodes[/name_m] is close enough to my last name without it actually being my last name.

1 Like

Ooooh you have no idea how much I’ve thought of this, I used to do this all the time when I was little. Probably one of these~

[name_f]Amparo[/name_f] [name_f]Selene[/name_f] De Valiente
[name_m]Saturn[/name_m] [name_u]Omari[/name_u] Almenara
[name_f]Leto[/name_f] [name_f]Atalaya[/name_f] [name_m]Izan[/name_m]
[name_u]Nike[/name_u] Sorángel [name_f]Luna[/name_f]

I would keep a Spanish surname like mine, but would go with something super out there as a first or middle name

1 Like

I came up with [name_u]Jay[/name_u] Abernathy as a penname in high school! I still love it.

1 Like

I actually needed one for a project I was working on with my dad – we a father/daughter writing duo but we both went under fake father/daughter names for that specific thing since we both have our own separate stories and projects released under our real names, or in his case a different alias, and we wanted them to be separate.

I was “Ph03b3 Aur3l!a Dawn W3lk!n” and he was “T.K. W3lk!n” – Tynan Kyl3 (o, e’s and i’s changed just in case we do more with the names/project!)

1 Like

I’d probably go with [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_u]Cruz[/name_u]! It’s my middle name and then my great-grandmother’s maiden name. I also like that it really connects to my Hispanic heritage!

1 Like

I write for fun and I go by [name_f]Elodie[/name_f] Greyhound. I’m still deciding on a middle(s) lol. It’s one of the first names I loved as a berry + favourite song.

1 Like

I did a double take when I saw this. [name_f]My[/name_f] surname is McArthur and my eldest daughters middle name is [name_f]Elise[/name_f]. :joy: :joy:

1 Like

I used [name_f]Annabeth[/name_f] [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] [name_u]Penrose[/name_u] before - that was ages before I chose [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] as my name!

I now use [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] [name_u]Adair[/name_u].

If I had to choose something completely new, umm… maybe [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] [name_m]Merriwether[/name_m] :grin:

2 Likes

when i was younger i wrote poems and used the name [name_f]Alison[/name_f] [name_u]Anderson[/name_u]
now i would probably use [name_f]Tea[/name_f] [name_u]Lou[/name_u] or [name_f]Nadia[/name_f] [name_u]Lou[/name_u]

2 Likes

If I had to pick a penname I’d probably choose one of my middle names (Tallulah or Tuesday) then a family surname - maybe Chamberlain or Carr. I like the ring of [name_f]Tuesday[/name_f] Chamberlain or [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] Carr. Realistically I write under my own name, sometimes [name_f]Eve[/name_f] [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] -last name-

1 Like

I use [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] [name_u]Raven[/name_u]. Which I like as everyone assumes I am a male when I am female.

1 Like

It’s a bit of a guilty pleasure, but [name_f]Ginevra[/name_f] [name_m]Linton[/name_m], very Brontë-esque :grin:

1 Like

i think i would do annie lively or meg lively!

annie is obviously a nickname for my name and meg is a nickname for one of my middle names, which is also the name of a family member i am very close with

lively has a similar sound to my real surname, but is shorter and more fun sounding! i’ve always loved it since i heard blake lively’s name but i only just realised it could be an alternate for my surname recently!

1 Like