Picky Partner

After about a week of going through thousands of baby names and picking about 200 or so that I liked, a read through of the list by my BF has left me with 21 names. Sadly, none of the names that he likes are names that I’m particularly excited about at the moment, even if I think that they are decent names.

Given his list below, what other names would you suggest? Are there any cute combos you can think of using these names that might help me get excited for them again?? Would any of them be cute as sisters?

His names of choice are as follows:

[name_f]Alexa[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Aria[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Cara[/name_f]
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Jillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Keira[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]

Edit: Some people have said that it would be easier to propose compromises if I gave a list of some of the names that I really loved that he has vetoed. Here they are, in no particular order.

Asia
Allegra
Adelaide
Amelia
Camille
Catarina
Caroline/Coraline
Davina
Eliza
Flora
Felicity
Gwendolyn
Genevieve
Holland
India
Ivy
Juliet
Lucy/Lucia
Louisa
Lyra
Mercy
Ophelia
Octavia
Phoebe
Persephone
Portia
Sylvana/Sylvie
Serena
Sophia
Thalia
Vivienne

Of his names
My favourites are

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] (middle name ideas: Lorriane, [name_f]Belle[/name_f], [name_f]Athena[/name_f], [name_f]Fauna[/name_f], [name_f]Cleo[/name_f])
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] (middle names: [name_f]Esther[/name_f], [name_u]Ryan[/name_u], Serabelle, [name_f]Demi[/name_f], [name_f]Fawn[/name_f], [name_f]Briar[/name_f])
[name_f]Aria[/name_f] (middle names: [name_f]Danielle[/name_f], [name_f]Erin[/name_f], [name_u]Winter[/name_u], [name_f]Snow[/name_f], [name_f]Holly[/name_f], [name_u]Bryn[/name_u])
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f] ([name_u]Tyler[/name_u], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f], [name_u]Eloise[/name_u], [name_f]Crystal[/name_f], [name_u]Carter[/name_u])
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f] (Abriella, [name_f]Arielle[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Farrah[/name_f], [name_u]Fallon[/name_u], [name_f]Imogen[/name_f], [name_f]Natalya[/name_f])
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] ([name_f]Belle[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], Zaylie, [name_f]Xanthe[/name_f], [name_u]Reed[/name_u], [name_u]Morgan[/name_u], [name_f]Josephine[/name_f])
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f] ([name_u]Artemis[/name_u], [name_f]Fawn[/name_f], [name_f]Bree[/name_f], [name_u]Rue[/name_u], [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], [name_f]Marie[/name_f], [name_f]Faye[/name_f])
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] ([name_f]Daniella[/name_f], [name_u]Henley[/name_u], [name_u]Carson[/name_u], [name_u]Micah[/name_u], [name_f]Jesslyn[/name_f])
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] ([name_f]Maria[/name_f], [name_f]Erika[/name_f], [name_f]Azalea[/name_f], [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], [name_f]Lucretia[/name_f], [name_f]Josslyn[/name_f], [name_f]Joy[/name_f])
[name_f]Maya[/name_f] ([name_f]Serene[/name_f], [name_f]Serenity[/name_f], [name_f]Abigail[/name_f], [name_u]Addison[/name_u], [name_f]Harlow[/name_f])
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] ([name_f]Cynthia[/name_f], [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_f]Amanda[/name_f])
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u] ([name_u]Cassidy[/name_u], [name_f]Chastity[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_f]Demetria[/name_f], [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] (pron mad-uh-line)

Other suggestions that sound like each name:
[name_f]Alexa[/name_f]- [name_f]Alexia[/name_f], [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f], Anaxandra, [name_f]Alyssa[/name_f], [name_f]Alessa[/name_f], [name_f]Alessandra[/name_f], [name_f]Alexine[/name_f],
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]- [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u], [name_f]Abree[/name_f], [name_f]Abriana[/name_f], [name_f]Adriana[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]-[name_f]Avalon[/name_f], [name_f]Ava[/name_f], [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Aria[/name_f]-[name_f]Ariana[/name_f], [name_f]Arrietty[/name_f], [name_u]Arden[/name_u], [name_u]Ari[/name_u], [name_f]Amy[/name_f],
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]- [name_f]Beth[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], Elizabeta
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]-[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f], [name_f]Cara[/name_f]- [name_f]Clara[/name_f], [name_f]Coraline[/name_f], [name_f]Caroline[/name_f],
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]- [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u], [name_f]Chastity[/name_f], [name_u]Cass[/name_u], [name_f]Cassie[/name_f], [name_f]Sandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]- [name_f]Violet[/name_f], [name_f]Demi[/name_f], [name_u]Paisley[/name_u], [name_u]Ainsley[/name_u]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]- [name_f]Lorelai[/name_f], [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_f]Lily[/name_f], [name_f]Della[/name_f], [name_f]Dilly[/name_f], [name_f]Leah[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]- [name_f]Elaina[/name_f], [name_f]Lana[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]- [name_f]Eve[/name_f], [name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_f]Evelin[/name_f], [name_u]Evan[/name_u], [name_u]Eden[/name_u], [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]- [name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_f]Fawn[/name_f], [name_f]Fauna[/name_f], [name_f]Ffion[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]- [name_f]Faye[/name_f], [name_f]May[/name_f], [name_f]Marie[/name_f], [name_f]Gracelynn[/name_f],
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f]- [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], [name_f]Belle[/name_f], [name_f]Bella[/name_f], [name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Jillian[/name_f]- Julchen, [name_f]Julia[/name_f], [name_f]Julianna[/name_f], [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Keira[/name_f]- [name_f]Chiara[/name_f], [name_u]Kelly[/name_u], [name_f]Ciara[/name_f], [name_u]Sierra[/name_u], [name_u]Kendall[/name_u]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f]- [name_f]Maia[/name_f], [name_f]May[/name_f], [name_f]Mae[/name_f], [name_f]Mavis[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]- [name_f]Persephone[/name_f], [name_f]Peony[/name_f], [name_f]Peggy[/name_f], [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]- [name_u]Wren[/name_u],

What were the names you were most excited about? Maybe you could make a top 10/20 list for yourself and see if any of them grow on your BF over time?

From this list I like:
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f]

[name_f]Grace[/name_f] makes a great middle for all of them. All of them could work as sisters.

Of his favorites, my favorites are:

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_f]Cara[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel/name_f

What are the names you’re liking right now? [name_m]Just[/name_m] to get an idea of what to suggest as compromise names. [name_f]Adele[/name_f], [name_f]Eliora[/name_f], [name_f]Fleur[/name_f]/[name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_f]Eliana[/name_f], [name_f]Helena[/name_f], [name_f]Hope[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Noemi[/name_f]/[name_f]Naomi[/name_f], [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f], [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], etc., were some ideas I had, but I think your boyfriend’s style is pretty close to mine so I could easily find names to work with here haha! My top choice for a girl is actually [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] (either that or [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Georgina[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]), so that’s my first combo idea (that or [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. Pretty standard as a combo, but [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is very significant to me personally).

Other ideas:

[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Cara[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f] [name_f]Cara[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]

Good luck!

There are so many beautiful choices here. I love:

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Maya[/name_f]

Out of his list I love…
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Aria[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f]

Thanks everyone for all of the replies. I have edited the original post to include some of the names that I love but he vetoed. [name_f]Hope[/name_f] that helps :slight_smile:

I love most of these names! The only ones I dislike are [name_f]Maya[/name_f] and [name_f]Elena[/name_f] because to me they seem generic. I’d also remove [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] from first name potential because it’s the only unisex one.

[name_u]LOVE[/name_u]:
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Aria[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Cara[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Jillian[/name_f]
[name_f]Keira[/name_f]

LIKE:
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Alexa[/name_f]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]

Combos from the list:

[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Jillian[/name_f] [name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Keira[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] [name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Cara[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Aria[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]

Sisters:

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and [name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f] and [name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_f]Cara[/name_f] and [name_f]Alexa[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]

I will go ahead and do combos with the use of his and yours.

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]