Pizazz in a middle name! Is this combo too much?

We’ve narrowed down names to two, and maybe it’s a little weird but we are using his hair color to decide which name! If he has dark hair we’re planning on [name_m]Rocco[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] Wilde (last name 4 syllables Italian) and if he is blonde we’ll probably name him [name_m]Peter[/name_m]. I adore [name_m]Peter[/name_m], even though it’s not my usual style. But it feels right! I’m hoping to find a middle name that will add some fun to [name_m]Peter[/name_m].

Recently we talked about [name_m]Peregrin[/name_m]/[name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] which I love. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] sounds odd? I sort of like the sing-songness of it, but I’m not sure!

Any suggestions for a middle name or names that would add something special?

[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] sounds alright. I find the double “p” to be a bit much, but still rather nice.

[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Lucien[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_u]Jameson[/name_u]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_u]Willoughby[/name_u]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Ephraim[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Alarik[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Winston[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Maxim[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_u]Auden[/name_u]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Severin[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_u]Channing[/name_u]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Lyndon[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Harrington[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Drystan[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Brantley[/name_m]

I like it. It sounds like the main protagonist of a book, but in a good way; not an over-the-top, silly way, if that makes sense.

I like it! I love alliteration though, as long as it’s not too cartoonish, and I think [name_m]Peter[/name_m] is sensible enough to avoid that.

In a similar vein, how about [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_u]Pascoe[/name_u]/[name_m]Pascal[/name_m]? Or [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Percival[/name_m]?

I like [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m]. I notice the number of e’s more than the alliteration.

[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] is lovely! I think it sounds perfect. [name_m]Rocco[/name_m] [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] is gorgeous as well, by the way. Either way he will have a lovely name.

I like [name_m]Peter[/name_m], and I like [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m], but i’m not crazy about them together for some reason. Part of me feels like [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] with a 4 syllable italian name may be a too much (but you can judge better i’m sure). I do think still using Wilde would be nice. I’m thinking some mythological name with classic [name_m]Peter[/name_m] would make it interesting.

[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] Wilde
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Ezio[/name_m] Wilde
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_u]Orion[/name_u] Wilde
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] Wilde
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] Wilde
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Virgil[/name_m] Wilde
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Archer[/name_m] [name_m]Perseus[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_u]Hunter[/name_u]

[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Peregrine[/name_m] is fine, I think. Middle names usually don’t matter too much anyway!

I’m sure you’re aware of this, but since you plan to name in accordance with hair colour I thought I’d mention that newborn hair very often all falls out and will not necessarily come back in the same colour. My daughter was born with lots of very dark hair, which fell out. Her new hair came in reddish blonde and is now honey blonde at 2 years old.