Place names

I like place names. I tend to like the more classic ones like [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Savannah[/name], [name]Georgia[/name], [name]Austin[/name], [name]Charleston[/name], [name]Carolina[/name], etc. I really like [name]Savannah[/name], especially since my fiance and I met while we lived there. I saw that [name]Savannah[/name] is a really popular name right now, so my question is, who is using this name or any of the place names? All of my place names are places that I have actually lived in so now have a special place in my heart. Is this usually the case? While I may use the name [name]Savannah[/name] now that I don’t live there, I wouldn’t dare have used it while I was there. [name]Nor[/name] did I meet any [name]Savannah[/name]'s in [name]Savannah[/name]. I may just be rambling here, but I am curious about the [name]Savannah[/name] phenomena. Thanks.

I’m not really sure what the question is… I don’t know/haven’t heard of any girls called [name]Savannah[/name] but then again, I live in NZ. I know people with other names on your list though and my name is [name]Charlotte[/name] but most people here don’t associate that with the place. Sorry if this wasn’t really helpful…

Well, I can’t explain the [name]Savannah[/name] phenomenon per se, but I don’t think it is overwhelmingly popular. I personally don’t know any. I also don’t think that every person - perhaps not even the majority - who name their daughters [name]Savannah[/name] are doing so because they have a connection to the place, like you do. Thus, I think it is more than acceptable for you to use it! Some of the popularity in the US could be explained by [name]Marcia[/name] [name]Cross[/name] (of Desperate Housewives) choosing this as one of the names of her twins, [name]Eden[/name] and [name]Savannah[/name], now toddlers.

I love [name]Charlotte[/name], but I don’t associate it with the place, as charliehotsox said. Another one of my favorites is [name]Ireland[/name], but I think it is a little too bold for my taste…

Some more…

[name]Regina[/name] is a city in [name]Canada[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name] is in Australia, [name]Victoria[/name] - too - is in Australia, [name]Chelsea[/name] is in [name]England[/name], [name]Lorraine[/name] is a region at the border of [name]France[/name] and Spain, [name]Verona[/name] (NN [name]Vera[/name]?) is in [name]Italy[/name], [name]Clare[/name] is a county in [name]Ireland[/name], [name]Shannon[/name] is a river in [name]Ireland[/name], [name]Caledonia[/name] is the Latin name for [name]Scotland[/name], and [name]Abilene[/name] is a city in [name]Texas[/name], USA!

Not sure if you’ve ever seen the movie “[name]Savannah[/name] Smiles” but it was released in the 80’s. Maybe part of the big influx of the use, is due to all the little girl who used to [name]LOVE[/name] that movie and are now grown having their own children.

I had planned on naming my little girl [name]Savannah[/name] ever since I watched that movie when I was 7. I talked to one of my friends who also wanted to do something similiar due to the movie.