Playing House as Cindy Smith

[name]Just[/name] thinking about how much our ideas of glamour and substance change as we age…

I was a child of the 80’s and my sister and I always “changed” our names when we played house. Did anyone else do this? For whatever reason, we always fought over who got to be called [name]Cindy[/name] [name]Smith[/name]. :smiley: I don’t remember how we decided that this was the penultimate absolutely fabulous name of the universe, but I do remember fighting about it. Maybe it was all those lovely “s” sounds?

What was your fantasy name as a child? What would it be today? Not for a new baby, but if you could reinvent yourself?

[name]Erika[/name] [name]Jones[/name] or [name]Mollie[/name] [name]Jones[/name]

My go to pretend name was [name]Kelly[/name] and my pretend husband was [name]Zack[/name]…I was a Saved by the [name]Bell[/name] kid.

I wanted desperately to be named [name]Leena[/name] or [name]Kiki[/name], for some unknown reason. My cousins always named me [name]Rose[/name] when we played house, though I protested ferociously. :slight_smile:

I always dubbed myself [name]Katie[/name]. I loved the names [name]Alyssa[/name] and [name]Isabella[/name], but I didn’t feel that I had the right type of hair for those names–those are blond-curl names to me.

But my three sisters and I also pretended to be people we saw on TV shows and little videos that we had, so sometimes we stole the Ingalls’ names, for instance, from [name]Little[/name] House on the [name]Prairie[/name].