Please be my crystal ball :)

[name]How[/name] popular do we think [name]Violet[/name] is going to get here in the US? It sits at 101 as of 2011 and a bit higher in our state. I was talking to dh about names last night and I think he prefers it over our other choices…I’m worried about popularity though. I sort of threw out the popularity issue with my second son and there are 4 others in his elementary school with his name…I really dont like that. The year he was born it was #161 and now it’s #93. Anyway…any predictions? I’m thinking it’s going to continue to rise sadly. My favorite is [name]Matilda[/name] which dh doesn’t like as much. He vetoed [name]Hermione[/name] and doesn’t care for [name]Winslet[/name] much either. I also don’t know if [name]Juniper[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] are too themey together.

Middle names will honor our grandmas…[name]Mary[/name] [name]Lou[/name]/[name]Louise[/name] and [name]Selma[/name] [name]Marie[/name]. We want to use two middle names so any thoughts on combos for those would be appreciated. Other names I like for fns are in my signature.

Thanks!

I think [name]Violet[/name] will continue to rise and max out somewhere in the 60s or 70s.

[name]Just[/name] my crystal ball guess. :slight_smile:

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Marie[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Louisa[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Selma[/name] [name]Louise[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Mary[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Maria[/name] [name]Louise[/name]

[name]Violet[/name] is on our list too for a girl. I am scared of using it as well because I keep seeing the name pop up everywhere. I don’t mind it gaining in popularity but I don’t want my daughter to have 2 or 3 in her class. It is so hard to say!

I think it’s moving on up. If you really hate that maybe use [name]Viola[/name], [name]Vera[/name], [name]Alvera[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Marigold[/name], [name]Vesper[/name], [name]Verity[/name]?

But I bet [name]Vera[/name] & [name]Verity[/name] will jump a bit too

Aw, that’s a shame because I love [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Winslet[/name] - they’re beautiful.

I think [name]Juniper[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] go perfectly together. However, I would be worried about the popularity of [name]Violet[/name]. I live in the UK so my take on the popularity might not bother you too much. It first started to rise in 2005, jumping from #607 to #273 (50 babies to 166 babies) and it has continued to rise hitting #200, #178, #149, #135, #123 and it is now #114 for 2011. I think it will hit the top 100 next year here in the UK and I can imagine it doing so in the US too. It’s risen steadily in the US so it isn’t exactly trendy but it did jump 21 places last year so I don’t see why it would just stop rising.

It is also a name that appears to be well liked on a variety of baby name sites so I personally would avoid this name.

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Eloisa[/name] [name]Marie[/name]?

I think you’re all right. I just don’t think I’ll be able to go through with it. I have about 5 months to help dh fall in love with [name]Matilda[/name] or at least consider one of the others. I have my work cut out for me…I loved [name]Matilda[/name] before [name]Juniper[/name] was born and it was a no-go.

Judging by the number of girls that were sad that the first friends in our group to have a baby girl named her [name]Violet[/name] I have a feeling it’s destined to rise significantly in the popularity charts.

I do however love [name]Juniper[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] together. I actually like the very subtle theme-iness. I’d just make sure that there are others you like as well should you decide on a theme. Maybe [name]Heath[/name] or [name]Briar[/name] for a boy and something like [name]Lilith[/name] for a girl.

I don’t think it will get any higher than in 50’s, but that is my best guess. [name]Violet[/name] is a lovely name, and I think popularity doesn’t always matter. I like it with your style of names.

I think [name]Violet[/name] is the best out of the bunch too. I think it is fine; not too popular but not too strange either.