please choose your favorite Hazel combos

See the results of this poll: Which are your favorites?

Respondents: 43 (This poll is closed)

• Hazel Aveline Beatrice : 21 (28%)
  • Hazel Aveline Mabel : 16 (21%)
  • Hazel Aveline Posy : 10 (13%)
  • Hazel Aveline Sunday : 17 (23%)
  • Hazel Aveline Vesper: 11 (15%)

[name_f]Aveline[/name_f] means hazelnut tree, so I wouldn’t use it with [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]. That said, my favorite combo is [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f].

[name_f]Aveline[/name_f] means desired. Meaning, origin and history of the name Aveline - Behind the Name

Hmm I don’t see that meaning listed on that page anywhere.

This is what wikipedia has listed Aveline - Wikipedia seems to have all the same info on origin as behind the name. Nameberry also lists the origin is [name_m]French[/name_m] and the meaning as hazelnut. So it would put me off to use [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Aveline[/name_f]. But of course it doesn’t have to stop you.

[name_f]Aveline[/name_f] is the [name_m]Norman[/name_m] [name_m]French[/name_m] form of the Germanic name Avelina, a diminutive of ”vila, and related to [name_f]Eveline[/name_f]. You can click on those names from that page.

Wikipedia is not a reliable source. Anyone can change the information. Behind the name is a great source for information and the history of names.

I know that about wikipedia, and am familiar with behind the name, but if you read the info on wiki, it says that the origin is [name_m]Norman[/name_m] [name_m]French[/name_m], yes, and gives two different possible meanings. This information is easily backed up and not necessarily different from behind the name. Hazelnut is definitely one of the meanings.

[name_m]Even[/name_m] if it also means hazelnut it doesn’t bother me. [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] is a gorgeous name. In reality most people do not know anyone’s middle name(s) and most do not know the meanings of names. I love the fact that it means (maybe also hazelnut) desired. It’ll be most likely only me that knows the meanings, maybe the child when they get older. My son doesn’t know or care about the meanings of his name. I can remember the meaning of my first name but never remember the meaning of my middle name…and I’m the name lover. Actually I’m going to have to go look it up again. :slightly_smiling_face:

[name_f]Glad[/name_f] I looked up my middle name. I found out it is actually linked to [name_f]Aveline[/name_f]. Makes me love [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] all the more. It would be a nice, secret, connection for the both of us.

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] [name_f]Posy[/name_f] and [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] are lovely

I adore both [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Aveline[/name_f], regardless of the meaning, I think the possible connections are sweet.

My top three are:
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] [name_f]Sunday[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] [name_f]Posy[/name_f]

[name_m]Just[/name_m] out of curiosity, how do you personally pronounce [name_f]Aveline[/name_f]?

Thank you!

Thank you!

I personally prefer the [name_f]LINE[/name_f] pronunciation, AV-ə-line.

Thank you for the votes, everyone!

I like them all, but the combo with [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is my least favourite. I’d prefer the feistier [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f] here, I think.

[name_f]Posy[/name_f] and [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] are my faves — both so sweet, bright and quirky. [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is such a gorgeous first name, too.

Thank you all so much! I’m still not sure which one I prefer. Currently I’m leaning toward [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] [name_f]Posy[/name_f] or [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] [name_f]Mabel[/name_f] but that can change in a few mins. :slight_smile:

I chose [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] [name_f]Posy[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f], and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Aveline[/name_f] [name_u]Vesper[/name_u]. I love the sweetness and spunky vibes of [name_f]Posy[/name_f] and think it freshens [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] up. [name_f]Beatrice[/name_f] is of a similar vibe as [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], and the two compliment each other. And I love that [name_u]Vesper[/name_u] is a word name that also has a lot of vintage cred, just like [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], so I feel like they bookend the combo. I didn’t like the rhyminess of [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and [name_f]Mabel[/name_f], so I did not choose that combo. And [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] does not appeal to me as a name at all, so I did not vote for that combo.

Thank you very much!