Please choose your favorite...

McKalyn
Madyn
[name]Makena[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]

McKalyn and Madyn (is this a typo of [name]Madelyn[/name]?) are invented names that honestly look like typos, and [name]McKenna[/name] is misspelled. [name]Sophie[/name], on the other hand, is quite lovely and classic.

I’m not sure if you’re familiar with [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name]'s work, but they’re internationally respected name experts, as well as authors of many books geared toward guiding people away from trendy names, and toward lovely stylish ones. They were kind enough to create this amazing site to serve the same purpose, and I’m sure that by checking out its resources, you’ll find many wonderful names from which to choose.

Best wishes to you!

Actually, I think [name]Makena[/name] is also a Hawaiian name meaning abundance, and an [name]African[/name] name meaning “happy one” according to several sources. I could only find Madyn in one other place listed as a Hindi name meaning cupid?? Where did you find that one?

I do agree with [name]Jill[/name] on her other points though.

[name]Sophie[/name] is nice, but very, very popular these days… It was my great-grandmother’s name (i’m partial!) though, and will clearly stand the test of time. good luck!! :slight_smile:

[name]Sophie[/name], by 100,000 miles

[name]Sophie[/name] really is beautiful - and so spunky sounding!

[name]Sophie[/name], but I would have it as a nickname for [name]Sophia[/name] to give her more choices.

I agree with [name]Susan[/name]. [name]Sophia[/name] with [name]Sophie[/name] as a nickname. She will grow up with people asking her if it is short for [name]Sophia[/name] and she will have to explain everytime that it is not. Save her from future irritating times! I do love the name and nickname. :slight_smile:

Aww, I’m a Yank who knows [name]Sophie[/name]'s a full name, why wouldn’t there be others? (In a country with 3 million people, I can’t believe I’m the only one)!

[name]Sophie[/name] gets my vote too! Head & shoulders above the others!

[name]Sophie[/name] its agreat name and i know by experiance its my name its classic but not very popular most girls are [name]Sophia[/name] but girls with just the name [name]Sophie[/name] are usually proud and confident. Its a great choice.

[name]Sophie[/name] its agreat name and i know by experiance its my name its classic but not very popular most girls are [name]Sophia[/name] but girls with just the name [name]Sophie[/name] are usually proud and confident. Its a great choice.

McKalyn- This sounds veryy trendy and the spelling is pretty butchered.

Madyn I have never heard of this… did you mean [name]Madalyn[/name]? If so I [name]LOVE[/name] it, a great,
pretty classic name. Not at all pretentious or overused.

[name]Makena[/name] I just don’t care for it. Maybe as a middle name. But I really only like more traditional, classic, feminine names for girls.

[name]Sophie[/name] Very sweet and pretty. I have always been a fan of this name. I think it’s lovely! :slight_smile:

I’d go with [name]Sophie[/name], and I think it can totally stand by itself. No need to do [name]Sophia[/name] if you prefer [name]Sophie[/name]. I grew up with a [name]Sophie[/name], so that was my first experience with the name.

What about just [name]Kenna[/name]? I recently met a couple who’s daughter’s name is [name]Kenna[/name]. Cute.

I like [name]Sophie[/name] better than the other names because is pretty and classy!

Definitely [name]Sophie[/name].

According to Nymbler, [name]Sophie[/name] is at an all-time popularity peak and is currently ranked #74 among the U.S. girls’ names. This is just in the US.

VS.

[name]Makena[/name] was most popular in 2005 and is currently ranked #873 among the U.S. girls’ names.

That alone makes me want to pick [name]Makena[/name].

[name]Bear[/name] in mind that I think the name [name]Sophie[/name]/[name]Sophia[/name] is unrivaled in its glory based on history, BUT I volunteer at a pre-school and it seems the name is so popular it feels like there is either a [name]Sophie[/name] or a [name]Sophia[/name] in every class. In fact, one of the classes has 3 Sophies and a [name]Sophia[/name]. I remember growing up and having 3 Melissas in my class.

Besides, the name [name]Makena[/name] means “abundance; and one who is filled with happiness”. Surely you cannot go wrong with a name like that. Each time you call your daughter… this is how you will bless her-- with abundance and happiness. It’s beautiful!

BTW, the name [name]Makena[/name] ([name]African[/name]/Hawaiian) is pronounced mah-[name]KAY[/name]-nah, not Mah-[name]KEN[/name]-nah. UNLESS you were intending to go with the variant of the name [name]MacKenna[/name] all along, in which case, mah-[name]KEN[/name]-nah would be correct. However, note the meaning of [name]MacKenna[/name] is this: daughter of the handsome man…

uh…

[name]Sophie[/name]. The “[name]Mac[/name]” trend died, or should I say was beaten to death, about 5 years ago. Hopefully.

Definitely [name]Sophie[/name]!

Well let’s see I like Madyn, but I do know a girl at work who name her son Madyn…which traditionally y’s are you make names girlier…so I vote for Madyn either way.

i love sophie! wanted to name my daughter sophie but my mother in law used it on her cat :frowning: