Please Choose Your Favorites

[name]Hi[/name] again! I just posted a few days ago (“New to Nameberry - Need Help”). My husband and I came up with some name combos using names from our original list as well as some of the names you all suggested. We were hoping everyone could give us some feedback. Which ones are your favorites? Which ones do you hate? There are quite a few names that we like, and we want to be thinking about them and narrowing down our list until we actually get to the hospital! I would love to know what you think about these names, and if you have any other suggestions. Also, our last name is one syllable starting with “W” if that helps. Thanks!

[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]/[name]Beatrix[/name] - I can’t decide which one I like more. My husband still really wants to use just [name]Sadie[/name] (he knew and loved my grandmother as well, and thinks that since her name was just [name]Sadie[/name], we should use just [name]Sadie[/name], but I’m beginning to like [name]Sarah[/name] nn [name]Sadie[/name] more and more)
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Rosaleen[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

[name]Sadie[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name] [name]Isabel[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

[name]Iris[/name] [name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Sadie[/name]

Lately I’ve really begun to like the names [name]Penelope[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name]. They sound so happy, and make me feel happy!

[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Violet[/name] - We’re having trouble coming up with good middle names for [name]Eloise[/name].

We also really like:

[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Maeve[/name] - I think [name]Jill[/name] suggested this, and I just love it!
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Violet[/name] - [name]Violet[/name] is one of my mother’s favorite names (she also loves the flower and the color)

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]

[name]Celia[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Celia[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Celia[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Celia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

[name]Rose[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Cecilia[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Mirabelle[/name]

[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Violet[/name] - I really like [name]Genevieve[/name] with the nn [name]Evie[/name], but I can’t come up with any other middle names.

I realize there are quite a few combos here, so you don’t have to comment on all of them, but if you could just pick your favorite - or if you have any other suggestions for first or middle names, that would be wonderful!

Here were the other names on our list (and the names we added from your earlier suggestions) that we also really like:

[name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Laila[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Sylvia[/name]

Thanks so much!

You have a lot of combos here and they’re all really lovely. It’s hard to go wrong with so many beautiful names! My thoughts, for what they’re worth:
[name]Sarah[/name] is hard to pair up with a name that starts with a vowel. No matter what the vowel is, I have a hard time saying the names together without a pause in between. This may not bother you though.
[name]Sarah[/name] nn [name]Sadie[/name] or just [name]Sadie[/name] - I vote for [name]Sarah[/name] nn [name]Sadie[/name]. Usually, I’m in the camp of honoring a person by using their actual name not a variation, or a name with the same initial etc. But in this case I think [name]Sadie[/name] is too nickname-y. I totally understand your desire to use [name]Sadie[/name] to honor your grandmother but I wanted to point out that I know quite a few cats and dogs with the name [name]Sadie[/name]. Giving her the name [name]Sarah[/name] and nn [name]Sadie[/name] gives her an option for sophistication for formal situations.

What about [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]? [name]Penelope[/name] sounds happy to me too, and I think it flows well with [name]Sarah[/name] and adds a little quirkiness to the traditional [name]Sarah[/name].

Thank you for replying! I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]! I guess what kind of bothered me about [name]Sarah[/name] was that, even though it is lovely, it always seemed a little plain. I like the idea of having a spunky/quirky name in the middle to go with it. [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] is definitely going on our list!