Please comment on these names!

Im not prgenant, but am just wondering abou tall of these names. I am very unsure about some of them. So below is a list of names I like (sort of for some of them), and beside the name I put the gender. Please comment or rate the names… or both! Thanks!

[name]Elijah[/name]…B
[name]Violet[/name]…G
[name]Ivory[/name]…G
[name]Jacob[/name]…B
[name]Noah[/name]…B
[name]Jude[/name]…B
[name]Micah[/name]…B
[name]Ava[/name]…G
[name]Suri[/name]…G… I know this is [name]Kati[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] duaghter, but it is special to me for a reason, and by the time I have kids it’ll be way in the future
Kruz…B… This one Im a bit puzzled by… should it be spelt Kruz, [name]Cruz[/name], Kreuz or Creuz?
[name]Zachary[/name]…B

I like:
[name]Elijah[/name]
[name]Jacob[/name]

[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Ava[/name]

Okay, thoughts…

[name]Elijah[/name] - I’ve always had a soft spot for [name]Elijah[/name], it’s handsome, friendly and rather charming whilst seeming aloof.

[name]Violet[/name] - [name]Love[/name] [name]Violet[/name]! Such a quirky classic with so much character and sass. Also just love flower names in general.

[name]Ivory[/name] - No. [name]Ivory[/name] is what elephant tusks are used for. [name]Ivory[/name] makes me think of poachers and hunters and awful cruelty to animals. [name]Ivory[/name] is synonymous with violence and human greed and ignorance.

[name]Jacob[/name] - Quite fond of [name]Jacob[/name], although I don’t like the nn [name]Jake[/name] or the immense popularity of it. Very handsome though so it’s hard to resist.

[name]Noah[/name] - Same as [name]Jacob[/name]. [name]Love[/name] both.

[name]Jude[/name] - I [name]ADORE[/name] [name]Jude[/name] as a nn for [name]Julian[/name]. Perfectly fine by itself but I just prefer it as a nn for [name]Julian[/name]. [name]Love[/name] the song ‘Hey [name]Jude[/name]’.

[name]Micah[/name] - Sounds nice but not really a fan.

[name]Ava[/name] - [name]Pleasant[/name] but a wee bit too… simple maybe? I don’t know, it’s lovely but I don’t love it.

[name]Suri[/name] - [name]Katie[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] doesn’t own it. If it’s special to you, use it. I really like it actually and it’s meaning is wonderful too.

Kruz - I would spell it [name]Cruz[/name]. It’s a bit too religious for me personally but I see it’s appeal.

[name]Zachary[/name] - Friendly and laid back with the great nn [name]Zach[/name]. I prefer [name]Zachariah[/name] though.

My favourites from your list are [name]Noah[/name], [name]Jacob[/name] and [name]Violet[/name].

Good [name]Luck[/name]:slight_smile:

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]Elijah[/name] - sophisticated
[name]Violet[/name] - to me it is too close to violent and far too common
[name]Ivory[/name] - pretty and unusual [name]Ivory[/name] [name]Ella[/name] [name]Daisy[/name] :slight_smile:
[name]Jacob[/name] - strong name, can’t go wrong with this one
[name]Noah[/name] - nice enough
[name]Jude[/name] - love this!
[name]Micah[/name] - i know twin boys called [name]Micah[/name] and [name]Mason[/name] and really like this name!
[name]Ava[/name] - cute but common
[name]Suri[/name] - i don’t like this at all
Kruz/[name]Cruz[/name] - no. too david beckham ish. and the teasing, can i come on your cruise?!
[name]Zachary[/name] - cute!! :slight_smile: and zac is lush too.

[name]Elijah[/name]…I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Eli[/name] names! I prefer [name]Elias[/name] to [name]Elijah[/name], but [name]Elijah[/name] is very nice, too =)
[name]Violet[/name]…One of my favorites!
[name]Ivory[/name]…Not too fond of this one…
[name]Jacob[/name]…[name]Way[/name] too popular for me to like it anymore
[name]Noah[/name]…A very nice name, but also quite popular
[name]Jude[/name]…I love [name]Jude[/name] =)
[name]Micah[/name]…[name]Micah[/name] is a nice name!
[name]Ava[/name]…I like [name]Ava[/name], but it’s quite popular. What about [name]Avery[/name]?
[name]Suri[/name]…I think it is doomed to be [name]Suri[/name] [name]Cruise[/name]
Kruz…I don’t like this one at all. It’s like cruise control! Your other names are much nicer
[name]Zachary[/name]…One of my favorites! love the nn [name]Zach[/name] (spelled only this way, [name]Zac[/name] and [name]Zack[/name] irritate me for some reason…)

[name]Elijah[/name]…nice…I like [name]Eli[/name], [name]Isaiah[/name], and [name]Elias[/name] better though
[name]Violet[/name]…just beware that it is becoming very trendy!
[name]Ivory[/name]…I like [name]Ivy[/name] much better.
[name]Jacob[/name]…[name]WAY[/name] too popular
[name]Noah[/name]…see [name]Jacob[/name]
[name]Jude[/name]…nice
[name]Micah[/name]…lovely…just watch out for it becoming unisex
[name]Ava[/name]…too trendy!
[name]Suri[/name]…Still pretty, though [name]Katy[/name] [name]Holmes[/name] used it. WDYT of [name]Sari[/name] or [name]Sariah[/name]?
Kruz…Definitely spelled [name]Cruz[/name]. The others seem yooneek.
[name]Zachary[/name]…Feels a little dated…would you like [name]Anthony[/name] or [name]Zacharias[/name]? [name]Zachary[/name] is a good name, anyway.

[name]Do[/name] you like the names:
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Matthias[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name]
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Christian[/name]

?

Good luck!

Boys :
[name]Elijah[/name] - this one has always screamed ‘Bible name’ so much that I don’t really like it (says the woman who named her son [name]Raphael[/name]), but that is probably because here in [name]England[/name], Biblical names are a lot less popular than they are over in [name]America[/name] (the looks we got when we were considering [name]Ezekiel[/name] … even from people at our church!).
[name]Jacob[/name] - uber-popular, but a strong yet accessible name. I think its very handsome, but there aren’t as many over here; I imagine in [name]America[/name] it might feel a bit old hat now.
[name]Noah[/name] - I love, love, love this one because it is so soft and handsome; like [name]Jacob[/name] it is very popular in [name]America[/name], though. I also love [name]Noa[/name], the Hebrew girls’ version.
[name]Jude[/name] - handsome and soft, yet masculine; I really love this one!
[name]Micah[/name] - this may be a British association, but I only think of [name]Mika[/name], the British male singer, now.
Kruz - not my favourite Hispanic name, and it reminds me very much of the Beckhams; I spell it [name]Cruz[/name], which is the traditional way.
[name]Zachary[/name] - this has a nice sound, and the nn [name]Zack[/name] is good.

Girls :
[name]Violet[/name] - stunning, but set to become popular. I do adore it, though.
[name]Ivory[/name] - this one feels a little tacky to me … sorry!
[name]Ava[/name] - a beautiful name, and it should be a classic, but now that there are Avas everywhere it may be the [name]Jennifer[/name]/[name]Jessica[/name] of the future :frowning: I think [name]Eva[/name], [name]Eve[/name] and [name]Evie[/name] may be going the same way, but how about [name]Ivy[/name]?
[name]Suri[/name] - I think this will be associated with the [name]Holmes[/name] family for many years to come, which is irritating, because it is so beautiful! I think it might become trying for you to always have to explain, when people say “Are you a [name]Tom[/name] [name]Cruise[/name] fan?” “No, the name has significant meaning to me, because …”, too, unfortunately.

[name]Elijah[/name]…B - love it, but it’s going to get even more popular.
[name]Violet[/name]…G - ditto
[name]Ivory[/name]…G - not a good choice because of [name]Ivory[/name] Soap.
[name]Jacob[/name]…B - love so much, but it’s so overdone.
[name]Noah[/name]…B - very cute!
[name]Jude[/name]…B - I like this name on other people’s kids. Would never use it in my own family because it makes me think of [name]Judas[/name] and the word “nude”.
[name]Micah[/name]…B - cute
[name]Ava[/name]…G - very lovely, but so popular.
[name]Suri[/name]…G… - my daughter had a friend named [name]Siri[/name] (sir-EE) in elementary school. [name]Both[/name] [name]Suri[/name] and [name]Siri[/name] are lovely names.
Kruz…B…The idea of spelling [name]Cruz[/name] with a “K” makes me twitch uncontrollably!
[name]Zachary[/name]…this is a handsome name that is pretty popular where I live with the Yuppie crowd.