Please critique my latest favorite girl combos

[name]Essie[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Melisande[/name] [name]Imelda[/name] [name]Eve[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ave[/name]
[name]Zelda[/name] [name]Ellen[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Celia[/name] [name]Dove[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Penrose[/name]

Name im tied with:
[name]Temperance[/name] [name]December[/name] [name]Lovell[/name] (i like the flow) Or [name]Temperance[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Snow[/name] or [name]Temperance[/name] [name]Isaline[/name] [name]Ariel[/name]?
[name]Drusilla[/name] [name]Violet[/name] Or [name]Drusilla[/name] [name]Mariel[/name] [name]Astrid[/name] ?

Please comment even if you dont like a single one, Thankyou!

shameless bump…

[name]Essie[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] - [name]Essie[/name] is cute as a nickname for [name]Esther[/name], but I wouldn’t use it as a full name. [name]Esther[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] is quite nice!
[name]Melisande[/name] [name]Imelda[/name] [name]Eve[/name] - A bit too flowery for me.
[name]Celeste[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Eve[/name] - Better. I am a big fan of all three names and they work well together!
[name]Zelda[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] - I love [name]Zelda[/name]. Totally underappreciated name. I don’t care for [name]Ellen[/name] in the middle, though. [name]Zelda[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name], maybe?
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Celia[/name] [name]Dove[/name] - Again, too flowery for my taste.
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Penrose[/name] - Meh.

Not a fan of [name]Temperance[/name] and think all your combos with it are a bit fussy.
[name]Drusilla[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is lovely.

I’m not much for the double middle name. I may do it with our last child if I’m trying to cram in a name I desperately love, but normally no. So keep that in mind when I give my review :slight_smile: :

[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Celia[/name] [name]Dove[/name]: I would drop the first name and go with only [name]Celia[/name] [name]Dove[/name]. I think that one is GORGEOUS! So gorgeous I’m going to write it down as an all time favorite. (That is a list of names that impressed me but I probably could never have enough kids to use it)

[name]Celeste[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ave[/name]: Drop the [name]Ave[/name]. It reads like Avenue. Or replace it with another name. Otherwise I love [name]Celeste[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name], both are gorgeous names and I think they flow well together.

[name]Zelda[/name] [name]Ellen[/name]: I have a hard time pronouncing [name]Ellen[/name] after [name]Zelda[/name] for some reason. It’s like I have to force the second name out. I think [name]Helen[/name] would be a better choice for a softer easier flow. I say it so much easier.

[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Penrose[/name]: I think this is adorable. I love that [name]Penrose[/name] is so different. You never hear them!! I like [name]Ambrose[/name] as a boys name and I really want to use Pennington as the middle name. I love those [name]Pen[/name] names!

[name]Melisande[/name] [name]Imelda[/name] [name]Eve[/name]: This is a mouthful!! On their own I love both [name]Melisande[/name] and [name]Imelda[/name]. I find [name]Eve[/name] horribly boring. I was thinking I would rearrange the names to be [name]Imelda[/name] [name]Melisande[/name] because it would be an easier flow, but then I decided that [name]Melisande[/name] [name]Imelda[/name] has this very romantic tone to it. It sounds old and exotic and I find that I love it now.

[name]Essie[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]: Not a big fan of [name]Essie[/name], I just hear Essay. Which is either school work or a word in Spanish. I think a close name would be [name]Effie[/name], and I think it’s adorable and feminine. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]!

[name]Temperance[/name] [name]December[/name] [name]Lovell[/name]: This makes the exception. [name]Even[/name] though it’s a double middle name I just love it. I think it flows beautifully, it’s not a mouthful, and I think it will age well and be taken seriously. Actually the only [name]Temperance[/name] Combo that I don’t like is the [name]Snow[/name]. If you drop the [name]Snow[/name] from it, then I like that one too.

[name]Drusilla[/name] [name]Violet[/name] is gorgeous

[name]Drusilla[/name] [name]Mariel[/name] [name]Astrid[/name]: It’s right on that edge of being a mouthful but I still like it. I like that you could do Dursilla [name]Mariel[/name] or [name]Mariel[/name] [name]Astrid[/name] if she decided to drop one later. It’s very versatile and I love that aspect of it.

[name]Essie[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] - I’m not keen on [name]Adelaide[/name] ever, sorry. I do like [name]Essie[/name], but only as a nickname. [name]Esther[/name], [name]Esmeralda[/name], [name]Estrella[/name]

[name]Melisande[/name] [name]Imelda[/name] [name]Eve[/name] - I love [name]Melisande[/name]. [name]Imelda[/name] is okay, especially as a middle name, though there are other I names I like more. [name]Eve[/name] is not my taste but a solid choice.

[name]Celeste[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ave[/name] - I would use [name]Eve[/name] over [name]Ave[/name], and [name]Dove[/name] over either. Other than that, I adore [name]Celeste[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name] and they flow nicely together.

[name]Zelda[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] - These don’t flow together. I love, love, [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Zelda[/name] and I’m okay with [name]Ellen[/name], but it runs together and doesn’t make a nice combo.

[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Celia[/name] [name]Dove[/name] - This is brilliant, I can’t be negative about it at all.

[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Penrose[/name] - Can I put my hand up for [name]Primrose[/name]? Oh, [name]Penrose[/name] is okay I guess. I do prefer [name]Dorothea[/name] to [name]Dorothy[/name] but there’s nothing really bad about it.

[name]Temperance[/name] [name]December[/name] [name]Lovell[/name] - I would use [name]Dove[/name] or [name]Snow[/name] over [name]Lovell[/name].

[name]Temperance[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Snow[/name] - I dislike [name]Adelaide[/name].

[name]Temperance[/name] [name]Isaline[/name] [name]Ariel[/name] - [name]Ariel[/name] is always a boy’s name to me. I do like [name]Arielle[/name] or [name]Ariella[/name] for a girl.

[name]Drusilla[/name] [name]Violet[/name] - I could kiss you for liking [name]Drusilla[/name], I thought I was the only one. I like this combo.

[name]Drusilla[/name] [name]Mariel[/name] [name]Astrid[/name] - I like [name]Drusilla[/name] [name]Mara[/name] [name]Astrid[/name] more. Or [name]Drusilla[/name] [name]Mae[/name] [name]Astrid[/name].

Thanks esrever88! I was trying for a simple spunky [name]Zelda[/name] combo and to me [name]Emmeline[/name] is too pretty, But thanks for your comments!

Gigigibbons im glad you really like [name]Celia[/name] [name]Dove[/name]! but [name]Vivienne[/name] is still a first favorite for me. I really like [name]Ave[/name] ‘like a bird’ with [name]Celeste[/name], because [name]Celeste[/name] reminds me of a bird soaring high above in the wind.
I can see your point with [name]Zelda[/name] [name]Ellen[/name], i’ll keep looking.
Yes i love [name]Pen[/name] names aswell! something about them… i really like Pennington for a boy, very cute!
Old, exotic and romatic was the very feel i was trying for a [name]Melisande[/name] combo! [name]Eve[/name] is fading for me a bit now, but i love [name]Imelda[/name] with [name]Melisande[/name], i’ll keep looking (a 3 name combo just seems to fit the [name]Melisande[/name] feel to me).
Im very glad you like my favorite [name]Temperance[/name] combo!

Stripedsocks - Thankyou for loving [name]Drusilla[/name], do you have a favorite combo for it? I really am a fan of [name]Mariel[/name]…but now think that combo is a bit of a mouthful. And yeah, i’ll keep looking for a [name]Zelda[/name] combo. Thanks for your comments!

[name]Essie[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] - Well, I like the name [name]Essie[/name] (because it is so rarely seen), and I like the variation [name]Effie[/name], but [name]Effie[/name] is becoming more popular in recent years. And [name]Adelaide[/name], for some reason, I have an aversion to the ending of it. I always liked Adelay (or however you spell it, but that pronunciation). Anyway, I like the flow of the names and therefore like the names together, and you know my opinion on each name separated from the other.
[name]Melisande[/name] [name]Imelda[/name] [name]Eve[/name] - [name]Melisande[/name] is such a different name. I’ve never heard it before. I would respect the woman who named her daughter that because it would take guts to name their daughter something that pretty much everyone else would be hating on (or so I would imagine). I’m not too keen on [name]Imelda[/name], but if it works for you, then it works for you ^-^. As for [name]Eve[/name], I prefer the elongated [name]Evelyn[/name], but I think it is pretty, although it is never a name I would choose for my children (I’m having a baby in [name]September[/name]! I don’t know what it is yet :/). I find it to be a name that the child would have to fit into, like [name]Eve[/name] sounds so simple and kind, I wouldn’t want to name my child [name]Eve[/name] and later on, they are the town bully or something! Of course, that is just the ramblings of a woman in need for names and reasons to kick some names to the curb, teehee.
[name]Celeste[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ave[/name] - The name [name]Celeste[/name] always reminds me of molestation (sorry for the bad connection). It only reminds me of that because of the similar sounds, and I had a deep fear of being molested when I was young (I used to have bad dreams about someone molesting me and I would always yell out “No, please don’t, I’m on my period” or some other random excuse). I do like the name [name]Emmeline[/name], though. And [name]Ave[/name] makes me think [name]Avery[/name], which I’m not to fond of. And I don’t really care for [name]Ava[/name], but some people do, and I shouldn’t be the one to tell them they shouldn’t. Anyways, as far as the whole name, I’m not too keen on the flow.
[name]Zelda[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] - I think pairing [name]Zelda[/name] and [name]Ellen[/name] is a weird choice only because the two names seem to exude different personalities (like [name]Zelda[/name] reminds me of uniqueness, whereas [name]Ellen[/name] makes me think hardworker, either at home or in an office).
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Celia[/name] [name]Dove[/name] - I don’t necessarily like [name]Dove[/name] at the end of this (I have an aversion for names that I don’t believe should be names, for instance, [name]Snow[/name]). However, I would prefer [name]Celia[/name] [name]Dove[/name] over [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Celia[/name]. I’m not sure but the flow of [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Celia[/name] doesn’t sound right to me, but hey, you like it, so it is all good ^-^
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Penrose[/name] - Ok, so [name]Dorothy[/name], obviously [name]Wizard[/name] of [name]Oz[/name]-esque. And that kind of puts me off, otherwise, without the [name]Wizard[/name] of [name]Oz[/name] reputation, I find it to be very old-lady-like, which is becoming more and more popular these days, however, I don’t like it, plain and simple. I like some old-lady names, and not others. I’m picky. But anyway, I do like [name]Penrose[/name] (or its counterpart [name]Primrose[/name]). I find it refreshing since it is unheard of.

Well, I may let you down a bit as I don’t do two middle names but I’ll see what I had.

[name]Drusilla[/name] [name]Viveca[/name] - I liked that [name]Drusilla[/name] meant “strong” and [name]Viveca[/name] meant “life.” Another option would be [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Drusilla[/name] [name]Iris[/name] - I liked the rainbow goddess connection and also the flower. Another less used botanical but that makes the name a bit longer is [name]Amaryllis[/name].
[name]Drusilla[/name] [name]Bryony[/name] - An underused botanical name. I like -ee ending names but they don’t work well with my last name so I tend to try to sell them to other people, lol.
[name]Drusilla[/name] [name]Zephirine[/name] - Too much? I do like it.
[name]Drusilla[/name] [name]Mariel[/name] works fairly well.

[name]Zelda[/name] is a hard one to match to middles. I love it, but my husband forcibly removed it from our list before I worked out too many combos.

[name]Zelda[/name] [name]Mariel[/name] works to my ear anyway.
[name]Zelda[/name] [name]Naomi[/name] is one I’ll use in another life.
[name]Zelda[/name] [name]Rosamund[/name] is one most people would be like “o…kaay…” but I really like it.
[name]Zelda[/name] [name]Amity[/name] is really sweet. I also like [name]Verity[/name] but am not as keen on some other more popular virtue names ([name]Grace[/name], for example, tends to fall flat for me, I’m weird).

Well if you really love [name]Vivienne[/name] I don’t think you could do any better than the combo you have. :slight_smile:

A similar combo I love that you may also like is [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Wren[/name]. I love more bird names than I do flower names and that was my favorite combo, and oddly enough it was intended as a double middle name for [name]Fleur[/name]. To avoid the unsavory initials of F.A.G. Now [name]Fleur[/name] is going to be a middle name so [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Wren[/name] is all displaced and alone in the naming universe.

I love the ‘strong life’ meaning! what a wonderful meaning to have! I also was also contemplating [name]Vivienne[/name] as a middle but then decided that i really wanted it as a first. And [name]Drusilla[/name] [name]Viveca[/name] is very ‘electric’.

I really like the feel of [name]Drusilla[/name] [name]Iris[/name]. I had forgotten about [name]Iris[/name].
[name]Drusilla[/name] [name]Zephirine[/name] is beautiful! the earthy [name]Drusilla[/name] really mixes well with the airy [name]Zephirine[/name].

[name]Zelda[/name] [name]Mariel[/name] is nice, but i really wanted something short and spunky not ‘pretty’

gigigibbons - i was thinking of [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Dove[/name]… but [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Celia[/name] [name]Dove[/name] seems more mysterious.

[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Wren[/name] is very beautiful, but im not a fan of [name]Wren[/name]…to me its too wordy, i picture a wren when ever it’s mentioned. But i also love [name]Guinevere[/name] and was contemplating [name]Amelia[/name] with it.

Bump…anybody else?

God, I really love your list.

[name]Essie[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]- I like [name]Essie[/name], a lot, but as a nickname. I like it as a nickname for a name that begins with S-. It feels a little casual to me, and maybe not do-able for a job application. It’s too cutesy on an adult woman, which none of your other names have at all. They are all elegant and classy. [name]Adelaide[/name] I hate, it reminds me of marmalade and to me it has a strange, unpleasant sound.

[name]Melisande[/name] [name]Imelda[/name] [name]Eve[/name]- I really love [name]Melisande[/name]. It just sounds luxurious. It’s so melodic, feminine, and slightly over-the-top but at the same time, so wearable. It’s not popular, yet it’s so pretty. A really good choice. I do like [name]Imelda[/name], and I do like it here, it’s just slighttttly a little much. I do think it works though, and I love [name]Eve[/name] here. Great combination.

[name]Celeste[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ave[/name]- [name]Celeste[/name] is elegant. It’s a little too serious for my taste, but it is elegant. [name]Emmeline[/name] is very pretty, delicate, and classic, and great in the middle name position. Is [name]Ave[/name] pronounce like [name]Ava[/name] or just [name]Ave[/name]? If it’s the latter, I really like it. This has a similar feel to the [name]Melisande[/name] combo and they would work well as siblings.

[name]Zelda[/name] [name]Ellen[/name]- A lot of people hate [name]Zelda[/name], which makes me like it even more. I just love its sound (I see you like the -elda sound from the Imeda/[name]Zelda[/name]) and the Z- makes it charming. I don’t like [name]Ellen[/name], ever, but I think [name]Helen[/name] might work nicely here. [name]Zelda[/name] [name]Helen[/name]?

[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Celia[/name] [name]Dove[/name]- Oh my God, I love this. You have great taste. I love the name [name]Vivienne[/name] (only in this spelling). It is so delicate, pretty, classic, sophisticated. And [name]Celia[/name] [name]Dove[/name] is an inspired combination. I would write this down and keep it for a future daughter.

[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Penrose[/name]- Beautiful. I might steal the [name]Penrose[/name]. An awesome choice. I have to say I am more partial to [name]Dorothea[/name], but [name]Dorothy[/name] does have a nice old-fashioned quality, and works fantastically here. I really like this.

[name]Temperance[/name] [name]December[/name] [name]Lovell[/name] is my favorite flow-wise of the [name]Temperance[/name] combinaitons, and I like the [name]December[/name], but I hate [name]Temperance[/name]. It’s clunky, and not pretty.

And [name]Drusilla[/name] reminds me of a villian from a superhero movie. Your other choices are much much better.

Thanks Nosamanthas im glad you like my list. I agree with your [name]Zelda[/name] comments, but [name]Helen[/name] is just a bit too boring to pair with [name]Zelda[/name].

[name]Essie[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] - Cute! I love [name]Essie[/name], never heard of it but I love it. I’d like it better if it was short for [name]Esther[/name] though.
[name]Melisande[/name] [name]Imelda[/name] [name]Eve[/name] - I’m sorry, but this seems like a witch’s name in a storybook.
[name]Celeste[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ave[/name] - Probably my favorite out of this list. It’s gorgeous!
[name]Zelda[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] - Not my favorite, it sound’s awfully harsh.
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Celia[/name] [name]Dove[/name] - While I am not a big fan of [name]Vivienne[/name], this combo sounds very well put together.
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Penrose[/name] - Very sweet! It’s adorable, and I think [name]Dorothy[/name] is a good name that works well on babies to adults.

Thanks Cupcake!
Anyone else?

[name]Essie[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] - I’m not crazy about [name]Essie[/name], but I like [name]Adelaide[/name] a lot.
[name]Melisande[/name] [name]Imelda[/name] [name]Eve[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Melisande[/name] and [name]Eve[/name]. I’m not sure about the “mel” in both [name]Melisande[/name] and [name]Imelda[/name], though.
[name]Celeste[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ave[/name] - Like [name]Celeste[/name]. [name]Emmeline[/name] is okay. [name]Ave[/name]… not so much.
[name]Zelda[/name] [name]Ellen[/name] - Not a fan. The “el” in both names feels off.
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Celia[/name] [name]Dove[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Penrose[/name] - I like this. I might slightly like [name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Penrose[/name] better, but I still like it as is.

Thanks [name]Lori[/name], i do like [name]Celeste[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]… but to be [name]Celeste[/name] is a very cool and calm name more suited to [name]Emmeline[/name]. [name]Zelda[/name] [name]Guinevere[/name] i like alot!

Thanks Frustratedauthor!