Please, Girl name HELP! 3 weeks left

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] friends,
1 have 3 weeks until my c-section and my husband and I are struggling to agree on a name. We like nature names, biblical names, and names that are not very popular. He’s Southern and likes [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], and [name_f]Delta[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Violet[/name_f] (even though it’s fairly popular), [name_f]Meadow[/name_f], [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Petal[/name_f].
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] has grown on me but it doesn’t feel right. Any help would be appreciated!!! I’m trying not to freak out since it’s so soon
Thanks!!

[name_f]Wisteria[/name_f] sounds to me like a good midway between [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] and [name_f]Petal[/name_f].

[name_f]Delilah[/name_f] or [name_f]Delia[/name_f] seem like somewhere between [name_f]Delta[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f].

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] seems like somewhere between [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] and [name_f]Esme[/name_f].

Shenendoah feels like somewhere between [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] and [name_f]Meadow[/name_f].

All five of those names sound Southern but can also fit anywhere. [name_f]Wisteria[/name_f] is my favorite.

[name_f]Annabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Azalea[/name_f]
[name_f]Astrid[/name_f]
[name_f]Adrienne[/name_f] : [name_f]Adrianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Amity[/name_f]
[name_f]Augusta[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Aura[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethel[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethan[/name_f]
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Coraline[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f]
[name_f]Charity[/name_f]
[name_f]Clarity[/name_f]
[name_f]Constance[/name_f]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Calla[/name_f]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_f]Edie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eulalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eulalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eugenia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eugenie[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] / Floralie / [name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Honor[/name_f] / [name_f]Honora[/name_f]
[name_f]Holly[/name_f] / [name_f]Hollie[/name_f]
[name_u]Joyce[/name_u]
[name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_f]Junia[/name_f] / [name_f]Juna[/name_f] / [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] / [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Jessamine[/name_f]
[name_f]Jada[/name_f]
[name_f]Kerensa[/name_f]
[name_f]Kaia[/name_f]
[name_f]Linnea[/name_f]
[name_f]Leona[/name_f]
[name_f]Lenora[/name_f]
[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Libby[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Maggie[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Novella[/name_f] / Novelle / [name_f]Novalie[/name_f]
[name_u]Nouvel[/name_u]
[name_f]Noella[/name_f]/ [name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Nica[/name_f]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Patience[/name_f]
[name_f]Rebekah[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruthie[/name_f] / [name_f]Ruthanne[/name_f] / Ruthanna
[name_u]Raven[/name_u]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u]
[name_f]Simona[/name_f] / [name_u]Simone[/name_u]
[name_u]Tobi[/name_u]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_u]Skye[/name_u]
[name_f]Evalina[/name_f]

Im gonna suggest [name_u]Prairie[/name_u]. I like [name_f]DElta[/name_f] from your list.

Other suggestions
[name_f]Cambria[/name_f]
[name_m]Dresden[/name_m]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u]
Fairley
[name_u]Dacey[/name_u]
[name_f]Eulalia[/name_f]

Thanks! I appreciate the suggestions. I do like hazel but DH doesn’t. [name_f]Wisteria[/name_f] I can’t help but think of desperate Housewives! That’s what he doesn’t like about [name_f]Meadow[/name_f], the sopranos reference. My sons middle name is [name_m]Samson[/name_m] so [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] is out even though I think it’s pretty.

[name_f]DO[/name_f] you like [name_f]Delta[/name_f]? I can’t help but think anyone out of the south wouldn’t " get it"

There’s a strong nature and floral influence there, so what about:

[name_f]Calla[/name_f]
[name_f]Acacia[/name_f]
[name_f]Azalea[/name_f]
[name_f]Aster[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
[name_f]Maple[/name_f]
[name_f]Willow[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_f]Cassia[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]

[name_f]Delta[/name_f] is okay. It’s nice and I can understand the appeal though it’s not necessary my style. :slight_smile:

I’m not a big fan of [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], though I do like the nickname [name_f]Maggie[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] more, and [name_f]Mari[/name_f] or [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] are good short forms. I also like [name_f]Esme[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and think they’re both good options. I second the suggestions of [name_f]Cassia[/name_f], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] and [name_f]Willow[/name_f], which are all lovely.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m], I’d like to suggest [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. Generally, [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] would get shortened to [name_f]Maggie[/name_f] or [name_f]Nola[/name_f]. Since you’re southern, I doubt you’d use [name_f]Nola[/name_f], but [name_f]Mag[/name_f]/[name_f]Maggie[/name_f] you can also get from [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is also commonly shortened to [name_f]May[/name_f] or [name_f]Mae[/name_f], which is close to [name_f]Esme[/name_f]. [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] are both 3 syllables and end in ‘T’.

Other suggestions:
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f] or [name_f]Maybelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Daisy[/name_f]
[name_f]Marjorie[/name_f]
[name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Mirabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Maribelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Maribel[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Delia[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]

I’m a fan of [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]. I like [name_f]Delta[/name_f] but perhaps as a MN? [name_f]Petal[/name_f] is interesting.

suggestions:
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Ismay[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Lilac[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Nova[/name_f]
[name_f]Birdie[/name_f]
[name_f]Fae[/name_f]/[name_f]Fay[/name_f]/[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Safire[/name_f]

[name_f]Viola[/name_f] is a lot less common than [name_f]Violet[/name_f] (I think) and is awfully pretty.

Other flowery names: [name_f]Mignon[/name_f] or [name_f]Mignonette[/name_f], [name_f]Mariposa[/name_f] ([name_f]Posey[/name_f]), [name_f]Lilac[/name_f], [name_f]Gardenia[/name_f], [name_f]Tansy[/name_f], [name_f]Peony[/name_f], [name_f]Begonia[/name_f], [name_f]Bryony[/name_f], [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] ([name_f]Dolly[/name_f], Southernish), [name_f]Flora[/name_f], [name_f]Hyacinth[/name_f], [name_f]Orchid[/name_f], Nandina, Larkspur, [name_f]Diantha[/name_f], [name_f]Verbena[/name_f] (nn [name_f]Vera[/name_f]?), [name_f]Wisteria[/name_f], [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]…

Good luck!
[name_u]Leslie[/name_u]

I like [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], and [name_f]Esme[/name_f] from your list. From other posters I think [name_f]Viola[/name_f] and [name_f]Pearl[/name_f] are also good compromises.

Other ideas:
[name_f]Delia[/name_f]
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_u]Waverly[/name_u]
Zinnea

What about [name_f]Maple[/name_f]? I know a little girl name [name_f]Maple[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] and I absolutely love the name! [name_f]Maple[/name_f] [name_f]Delta[/name_f] could be cute? I’ve also considered using [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] (nickname MJ). Good luck!!!

I think [name_f]Dahlia[/name_f] would be a great choice for you; kind of southern sounding, floral, and unique. I am a big fan of [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] as well. And I really like [name_f]Delta[/name_f].

I really like [name_f]Esme[/name_f], [name_f]Delta[/name_f], and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] for you.

Thanks for the input berries

I think we have a short list
What combinations do you all like
[name_f]Meadow[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_u]Cheyenne[/name_u]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]

From your new short list, I like these names best:

[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] (gives nn options of [name_f]Maggie[/name_f], [name_f]Mags[/name_f], [name_u]Noli[/name_u], or [name_f]Lia[/name_f])
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]

Before you posted your short list, I was going to suggest [name_u]Juniper[/name_u].

Best of luck!

I like…
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]

Other ideas…
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_u]Jean[/name_u]
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_u]Eloise[/name_u]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Meadow[/name_f] [name_f]Adele[/name_f]

I really like [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]! [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] is a name I adore. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] or [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f] or [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Isla[/name_f] all are very cute too, but [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f] is definitely my front runner from your list. Have you considered [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]?

Thanks for all the help ladies

I think we like [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f]

I prefer [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] but hubs prefers [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
WHich do you like?