Please help! Baby Girl or Boy SOON!

Let me know what you think of these names, please : )
I love love love tossing ideas around and I”m not sure if a a little baby girl or boy is in our NEAR future so this is a compilation of what has been gathered thus far. [name]Feel[/name] free to mix these names up, give constructive criticism or even suggest new names. [name]Every[/name] idea is welcome!

Girls (Including middle names): [name]Marlys[/name] [name]Adele[/name], [name]Hadley[/name] Bean (mother in law”s nm), [name]Briar[/name] [name]Rene[/name], [name]Celeste[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Greer[/name] [name]Marie[/name], [name]Aspen[/name] [name]Noel[/name]
Boys: [name]Killian[/name] [name]Graham[/name], [name]Brock[/name] [name]Raleigh[/name], [name]Rainer[/name] [name]Allan[/name], [name]Harley[/name] [name]Thomas[/name], Keller [name]Liam[/name], [name]Charles[/name] [name]Bennet[/name]

Boys are with middle names too :wink:

[name]Hi[/name]! My favorites from your list:
Girls [name]Celeste[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Greer[/name] [name]Marie[/name]

Boys: Keller [name]Liam[/name], [name]Charles[/name] [name]Bennet[/name]
(Or how about [name]Liam[/name] Keller? Very handsome!)

[name]Marlys[/name] - nms
[name]Hadley[/name] - too trendy
[name]Briar[/name] - what about [name]Bryony[/name]? [name]Bryony[/name] [name]Rene[/name] is pretty
[name]Celeste[/name] - reminds me of molest, but I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Greer[/name] - [name]LOVE[/name] but not with [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Aspen[/name] - a pet’s name [name]IMO[/name] but I love [name]Noelle[/name]

What about [name]Greer[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]?

[name]Killian[/name] - like this name in theory, but with “Kill” in it, its a no for me. [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Graham[/name]
[name]Brock[/name] - DH has been pulling for this name, I might cave and use it as a mn. Not a fan of [name]Raleigh[/name] esp because it’s being used on girls.
[name]Rainer[/name] - REALLY? [name]Allen[/name] is alright, but blah.
[name]Harley[/name] - a trendy GIRL’s name, but [name]Thomas[/name] is wonderful
Keller - I actually like this… and I live near Keller, [name]Texas[/name] :slight_smile: but I’d prefer it in the middle.
[name]Liam[/name] - [name]ADORE[/name] regardless of it’s popularity
[name]Charles[/name] - [name]LOVELY[/name]
[name]Bennet[/name] - I like this in the middle!

What about [name]Liam[/name] Keller? [name]Charles[/name] Keller? [name]Charlie[/name] Keller is cute!

[name]Liam[/name] is definitely high on the hubby’s list! I like your arraignment with [name]Liam[/name] Keller, but I still think Keller is a little tougher sounding and that’s why we had it first. As for girls, I adore [name]Celeste[/name] and my husband can’t pull himself away from [name]Marlys[/name] (Marl-lis). It is beautiful and unique…that’s for sure. I really like the names we have so far, but ANY and ALL suggestions and critiques are so nice to have! Thanks again for the reply :smiley:

[name]Greer[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] sounds beautiful! Instead of [name]Harley[/name]…maybe [name]Harvey[/name]? He’ll be so happy to know that people love [name]Charles[/name] because it’s an ode to his father (he’s very sweet). My one friend just suggested Grayer [name]Bennet[/name] (boy) and [name]Liesl[/name] [name]Avery[/name] (girl). I do love [name]Liesl[/name]!

I think that [name]Charles[/name] [name]Bennett[/name] is the most handsome of your choices for a boy, and also the most classic - it will not date, and will age well. You also have the friendly nickname option of [name]Charlie[/name]. The name flows well as a whole, too.

For girls, again I think [name]Celeste[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is the most classic and beautiful of your options. [name]Celeste[/name] also seems like the most unusual name on your list, but still accessible. I also think Bean is a great middle name - perhaps you could give her two, [name]Celeste[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] Bean? Or save it for a future child, perhaps.

Good luck! [name]Auburn[/name]

I flip flop all the time with new ideas!

[name]Hailey[/name] Bean
[name]Colby[/name] Bean
[name]Lola[/name] Bean
[name]Yuri[/name] Bean

Oh goodness…the ideas i get : )

[name]Just[/name] got a call from a girlfriend who suggested:

[name]Elsa[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Mara[/name]
[name]Mallory[/name]
[name]Morgan[/name]

Decisions, decisions

My favorites of the names you are considering are:
[name]Marlys[/name] [name]Adele[/name] & [name]Charles[/name] [name]Bennet[/name]. [name]Both[/name] are very nice!!

Regarding the use of Bean: While I generally like the idea of using surnames in the middle, but there are some surnames that just aren’t suitable for that. These include last names that are extra long, difficult to spell or pronounce, or certain word names. Personally, I would not use Bean for a child’s middle name, but your other names are much better!

I love [name]Marlys[/name] [name]Adele[/name] and [name]Charles[/name] [name]Bennett[/name]

I also like [name]Greer[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Adele[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] for girls!

Boys- Besides [name]Charles[/name], I like Keller [name]Thomas[/name] and [name]Graham[/name] [name]Allen[/name].

Good luck!

[name]Marlys[/name] [name]Adele[/name]- I’ve never seen [name]Marlys[/name] before. Is it prn [name]Mair[/name]-lis? I’m not sure if I like it as a fn but I love [name]Adele[/name]. Have you considered [name]Adele[/name] as a fn?

[name]Hadley[/name] Bean- [name]Hadley[/name] is a cute and energetic name.

[name]Briar[/name] [name]Rene[/name]- [name]Briar[/name] is cute and spunky but it doesnt work with [name]Rene[/name] as a mn. The R’s run together to much. [name]Briar[/name] [name]Adele[/name] would be nice.

[name]Celeste[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]- Another combo that I dont think works very well. [name]Both[/name] are great names seperatly but together they dont flow very well. Switching the combo around to [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] would be a little better but I still think entirely new combos would be the way to go.

[name]Greer[/name] [name]Marie[/name]- Another combo that doesnt really work for me. [name]Greer[/name] is great but it needs a different mn. Maybe [name]Greer[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]?

[name]Aspen[/name] [name]Noel[/name]- Are you prn [name]Noel[/name] as No-elle? If so I would spell it [name]Noelle[/name], [name]Noel[/name] looks masculine and seems like it would be prn [name]NOLE[/name]. [name]Aspen[/name] is cute though.

[name]Killian[/name] [name]Graham[/name]- This combo flows nicely but I am not a fan of [name]Killian[/name]. The KILL part just seems very violent and harsh to me. Recently I was at a family gathering and a friend announced that someone she knew was going to name her baby [name]Killian[/name]. The friend hated the name choice and no one else at the party had nice things to say about it either.

[name]Brock[/name] [name]Raleigh[/name]- [name]Brock[/name] seems very 80s to me and [name]Raleigh[/name] seems very very feminine.

[name]Rainer[/name] [name]Allan[/name]- Hmm I’m not a fan of [name]Rainer[/name]. Is it a family name?

[name]Harley[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]- [name]Harley[/name] seems to be more commonly used on girls. I dont care for it on either.

Keller [name]Liam[/name]- I prefer [name]Kellan[/name]. I would switch this to [name]Liam[/name] Keller.

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Bennet[/name]- [name]Lovely[/name] combo and the flow is perfect!

It is obvious from your list that you prefer uncommon names. I think your choices for a girl are very nice. [name]Briar[/name], [name]Greer[/name], [name]Hadley[/name], and [name]Aspen[/name] being my favorites. Going off of these names I would suggest possibly using other surnamey type name for a boy. Something that sounds fresh and hip, but wont be dated in a few years.

[name]How[/name] about:
Adler
[name]Alden[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name]- This is a bit on the trendier side but it would still work.
[name]Brooks[/name]
[name]Clark[/name]
[name]Reid[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Declan[/name]
[name]Finley[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Kian[/name]
[name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Rohan[/name]
[name]Grady[/name]
[name]Edison[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Easton[/name]
[name]Holden[/name]
[name]Turner[/name]
[name]Gordon[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Thatcher[/name]
[name]Walker[/name]

[name]Do[/name] you like any of those?

[name]Hope[/name] that helps and good luck!

WOW! I can’t tell you how much I appreciate all the feedback…this is absolutely wonderful and I’m so tickled pink :smiley:

I know [name]Marlys[/name] (prn [name]Mar[/name]-Lis) is a very unusual choice, but I read it on a piece of mail when I was young and it’s stuck with me ever since. I guess with the onset of [name]Marley[/name] the name [name]Marlys[/name] may come a little bit to the forefront, but I imagine that it would still be a unique choice for a girl.

I am also terribly lousy in the mn department. I agree that the best combination is [name]Charles[/name] [name]Bennet[/name]. I think leah_9 hit the nail on the head when she said I was a fan of the unusual names. For the most part I like the idea of people knowing who somebody is referring to just by saying “Oh yeah, I know ___”. We’re also trying to steer clear of names that have nm that we’re not fond of. Family names are a bit of a bigger deal in my husband’s family (hence [name]Charles[/name] and [name]Rainer[/name]…prn [name]Rye[/name]-ner), but he is absolutely open to compromise if he likes the name (that’s another reason why he’s so wonderful).

Girls from suggestions that I am loving:
[name]Marlys[/name] [name]Adele[/name]
[name]Celeste[/name] _____
[name]Greer[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
Everlly [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Liesl[/name] ____
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Berlin[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name] Bean
[name]Mara[/name] [name]Elise[/name]
Apsen [name]Noelle[/name]
Presely [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Briar[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Briar[/name] [name]Adele[/name]
[name]Harper[/name] [name]Camille[/name]
[name]Raleigh[/name] Novelle

Boys:
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Bennet[/name]
[name]Brock[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Graham[/name] Keller
Keller [name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Brooks[/name] [name]Killian[/name]
[name]Liam[/name] Keller
[name]Harvey[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Grady[/name] ____
[name]Easton[/name] [name]Rainer[/name]
Keller [name]Thomas[/name]
Klete Alder
[name]Finley[/name] [name]Reid[/name]

Again, thank you so much for all the help! I can’t get enough of these suggestions and I know that this has definitely helped to enlighten both myself and my husband!Bless you all!

and by Apsen I meant [name]Aspen[/name]! Whoopsie…

Thoughts on [name]Arden[/name] as well?

My mother in law called a little bit ago…she suggested not using her surname Bean as a middle name (but said she would also welcome it). Sigh. I love love love nameberry and all the wonderful comments and suggestions. I hope I’ll be able to narrow this down to 1 girls name and 1 boys name before my due date (7 DAYS)…hence the rush/urgency. I swear, we typically don’t procrastinate. Good golly :?

My favorite of your girls list:
[name]Greer[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]- I love the way this one flows! This is my favorite on your list.
[name]Marlys[/name] [name]Adele[/name]- [name]Marlys[/name] and unique and I’m really starting to warm to it.
[name]Briar[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]- [name]Briar[/name] is nice but out or [name]Greer[/name], [name]Harper[/name], and [name]Briar[/name], [name]Briar[/name] would have to be my least favorite.
[name]Harper[/name] [name]Camille[/name]- I love this one too.

Off your boys list I like:
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Bennet[/name]- Great combo! But, if you are looking for something uncommon [name]Charles[/name] probably isnt the way to go. The name seems to be getting very popular. [name]Ive[/name] never met a [name]Bennett[/name] though, do you like that as a fn?
[name]Graham[/name] Keller- This combo flows really well! Is Keller a family name?
[name]Brooks[/name] [name]Killian[/name]- I love [name]Brooks[/name] so I’m glad you like it. It is a hard one to pair with a mn though. [name]Brooks[/name] [name]Killian[/name] is actually the best I cant think of too.
[name]Liam[/name] Keller- [name]Love[/name] this one
[name]Harvey[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]- [name]Harvey[/name] is really cute, it is more the vintage side though which differs a little from a lot of the other names on your list.
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Rhys[/name]- I love love [name]Everett[/name] SO handsome.
[name]Grady[/name] ____- [name]Grady[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] or [name]Grady[/name] [name]Charles[/name]?
[name]Easton[/name] [name]Rainer[/name]- I love this combo! And the fact that it incorporates a family name is lovely. This is probably my favorite.
[name]Finley[/name] [name]Reid[/name]- [name]Finley[/name] is lovely but getting popular. He may not be the only [name]Finley[/name] you know.

My favorites are [name]Easton[/name] [name]Rainer[/name], [name]Everett[/name] [name]Rhys[/name] ([name]Everett[/name] Keller would be nice too), and [name]Graham[/name] Keller.

Yup, another little typo from me (typical). My due date is actually in 27 days! I’m blaming puffy fingers that I’m not use to for that one! Are any other mothers here Celiacs? I find that having to follow a gluten free diet during my pregnancy has caused me to have an insatiable cravings for Chocolate Chex, Slurpees and spicy chili! Yummm…

At any rate, back to names!!!

For a little clarification Keller isn’t a family name at all. In actuality, my husband an I were both competitive swimmers our whole lives and through college. One great swimmer from our time’s name is Klete Keller and I always thought that Keller would make an amazing fn. That’s another reason I’m sure one of my girlfriends suggested [name]Liesl[/name] (although I think the swimmer spells it Leisel [name]Jones[/name]). We like the unique names because it was always one of those things where while swimming you knew people by their first names and you could instantly know who they were talking about. I’m not saying our little one’s are going to be swimmers :wink: They can do whatever their hearts desire, but we just want to make sure that they have beautiful, unique and memorable names. All of which people have been amazing in helping to facilitate! I can’t get over how awesome and spectacular people are! It warms my chubby little prego heart so much!

I had a names discussion over a big bowl of cool whip and strawberries with the hubby tonight and here is what we have agreed upon for now…but he said KEEP '[name]EM[/name] COMING! <— He loves it just as much as I do! So if you have any innovative names out there, we’d love to hear!

Girls:
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Marlys[/name] [name]Adele[/name]
[name]Everly[/name] [name]Belle[/name]

Boys:
[name]Bennet[/name] [name]Harvey[/name]

And that’s where we’re at! 5 girls’ and 6 boys’ names! Rank them or add to them! We love these combos, but if you feel like you’ve got something up your sleeve, let’s hear it!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Briar[/name] but I thin she needs a longer middle name Like [name]Briar[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] or [name]Briar[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]. [name]Love[/name] [name]Killian[/name]!

Girls:
[name]Adele[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]- I love love [name]Adele[/name]. I cant believe it isnt even in the US top 1000. I also like [name]Adela[/name], which flows well with a shorter ln (not sure how many syllables your ln is). However, I dont love this combo. [name]Adele[/name] [name]Celeste[/name] kinda runs together because the second syllables of both names are emphasized. Maybe [name]Adele[/name] [name]Everly[/name]? or [name]Adele[/name] [name]Harper[/name]?
[name]Marlys[/name] [name]Adele[/name]- This is lovely combo.
[name]Greer[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]- Another favorite. [name]Greer[/name] doesnt rank in the top 1000 either which is great.
[name]Harper[/name] [name]Camille[/name]- I love this combo, however [name]Harper[/name] is becoming mega popular. Its jumped over 100 spots in the last year alone to #174. I would be concerned about the popularity if you are really wanting something unique.
[name]Everly[/name] [name]Belle[/name]- I like this one too. I met a little girl named [name]Beverly[/name] the other day and it was so refreshing. [name]Everly[/name] is a more modern version.

My favorites in order:
[name]Adele[/name]
[name]Greer[/name]
[name]Everly[/name]
[name]Marlys[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]

Boys:
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Rhys[/name]- The Rs kinda run together but its not bad. [name]Everett[/name] Keller would be nice too, also [name]Everett[/name] [name]Charles[/name]. You said [name]Charles[/name] was a family name?
[name]Easton[/name] [name]Rainer[/name]- I was shocked to see [name]Easton[/name] was ranked at #252. I thought it was more uncommon than that. I still love this combo though.

My favorites:
[name]Everett[/name] [name]Rhys[/name]- I had a hard time picking between [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Easton[/name], both are great. [name]Everett[/name] is more uncommon than [name]Easton[/name] though.

OT: My boyfriend has cecliacs, and if you like the chocolate rice chex you might also like muddy buddies. I make them for him all the time and he loves them. The recipe is usually on the back of the rice chex box. They are just rice chex coated in chocolate, peanut butter and powdered sugur but they are SO yummy.

From your new shortened list my favorites are:

[name]Charles[/name] [name]Bennett[/name]

good luck and let us know !!