Please help!! Going back and forth between a few names!

[name]Hi[/name] everyone! I posted on here awhile back asking for opinions about the name [name]Harlow[/name]. I haven’t completely ruled it out, but I’m focusing on some different names for the time being. I keep going back and forth as to which is my favorite, so if you all could help me by giving your opinions of each name that would be great!!

Here is my list of names and concerns I might have with each one.

[name]Stella[/name] - I’m worried that this one will get too popular…I want my daughter to have a name of her own and not be 1 of 3 in her class.

[name]Hadley[/name] - I like this name but still unsure if it is the one.

[name]Emmeline[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this. I love the fact that it isn’t even in the top 1000 names. Only draw back is that it is similar to the VERY popular [name]Emma[/name]/[name]Emily[/name].

[name]Eliza[/name] - Same as [name]Hadley[/name].

Open to other suggestions as well.

Middle name will most likely be [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]…and last name is [name]Rogers[/name].

Thank you very much!

[name]Emmeline[/name] is my favorite on your list, although [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] is a bit more of a mouthful than I would personally prefer.

Hmm you are right…it is kind of lengthy. Especially with [name]Emmeline[/name] and [name]Sophia[/name] each being 3 syllables. I’ll have to give it some thought. Thank you!

Off that list with all the other names, I like [name]Stella[/name]. [name]Stella[/name] [name]Rogers[/name], [name]Stella[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] [name]Rogers[/name].

[name]Emmeline[/name] is also nice, they are all nice with just the last name, not so much with the middles if you are going to say them all together a lot. Most people’s middle names and how they really flow doesn’t figure into their lives very often, so it’s not that big a deal, I like [name]Emmeline[/name], but too many Emmas and Emilys and Emerys and Emersons and Emmetts, so on and so forth. It is a very attractive sound, so it is popular for many variations.

[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] [name]Rogers[/name] is my technical second choice. It’s not that hard to say, and it’s a pretty name. I think [name]Stella[/name] S.M.R. just has some really good ring to it, it’s got the edge for me.

[name]Hadley[/name]- eh. I don’t dislike it, but it is my least favorite. I think surnames and/or names that end in -ley or -lee sound are also very popular, even if [name]Hadley[/name] specifically isn’t. If it has familial importance to you, extra points - I like meaningful names better than just pretty ones. If it was chosen at random, I don’t figure it to inclusion on the list.

Is [name]Emmeline[/name] pronounced -leen or -line?

I love it, regardless.

[name]Hi[/name] … [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Stella[/name] :slight_smile: but it is going to get popular … so if that will bother you in five years, you may want to rule it out. Also love [name]Eliza[/name] and that one seems different than [name]Stella[/name] in that it is never really overly popular (compared with [name]Elizabeth[/name]) and it doesn’t really seem dated/out of style now or I would think even in the future.

[name]Hadley[/name] … seems too harsh imo for a little girl… would you consider [name]Holly[/name] (around #360) or [name]Halley[/name]/[name]Hallie[/name] (nn [name]Hal[/name] is so cute … not even in the top 1000). Also think [name]Hattie[/name] is cute. Also thought of [name]Haven[/name] …

[name]Emmeline[/name] … like it, but the whole some people say -line, some people say -leen would bother me enough not to use it myself.

I’m just realizing that this post wasn’t all that helpful … sorry!! :slight_smile: Good luck!

[name]Karen[/name], thank you for your thoughtful comment! I do like [name]Stella[/name] a lot…it means star and she will be born in [name]December[/name] so that is kind of neat. You hit the nail on the head with [name]Emmeline[/name]…my only worry with that one is that she will be shuffled into the same catagory with all the other “[name]Em[/name]” names. But I do still love it. And no, [name]Hadley[/name] isn’t a family name, I wish I had a cool sounding surname in the family to use as a first but unfortunately I do not.

Thanks Jan0105, I pronounce it [name]Emma[/name]-line. The only time I would ever use leen would be if I named her Emmelina…which I have also considered.

Emily28, all posts are helpful!! I appreciate you taking the time to give me your opinion :slight_smile: I like [name]Stella[/name] too, I just wish it wouldn’t have the potential to get super popular. I like [name]Eliza[/name] because it has a spunky feel, and cute nn potentail. At first [name]Hadley[/name] was at the top of my list, but after saying it so many times outloud, it does kind of have a harsh sound. I do like [name]Halley[/name]/[name]Hallie[/name], but a close friend’s daughters name is [name]Haley[/name], is that too similiar? [name]Halley[/name] could also be mispronounced too, like [name]Emmeline[/name].

I never knew naming a baby would be so incredibly difficult, there are so many things to think about with each name I am considering. I appreciate all the great feedback and would love some more opinions. Also, what do you guys think of [name]Adeline[/name]? Too close to the very comment [name]Addison[/name]/[name]Madeline[/name]? I love the nn potential with [name]Adeline[/name] as well.

Hello Meganmr,
I think you have a great list here - and yes, I find this naming process to be far more complicated and, frankly, nervewracking than I would ever have imagined! But I don’t think you can go wrong with this list. Here are my opinions:

[name]Stella[/name] - I’m not sure where you live, but I don’t think this name will reach the heights of popularity on the level of [name]Ava[/name] or [name]Madison[/name]. I love the meaning and sound.

[name]Hadley[/name] - I grew up with a [name]Hadley[/name]. I like the strong aspect of this name. Also, it manages to avoid sounding too surnamey, in my opinion. And you certainly won’t have to worry about popularity.

[name]Emmeline[/name] - I love this as well. I think the extra syllable gives it enough difference from [name]Emma[/name]/[name]Emily[/name]. I also like your preferred pronunciation. It’s delicate without edging into fluffy territory.

[name]Eliza[/name] - I think of this as a nice, traditional, feminine name that has some backbone to it. Certainly it could never be accused of being trendy, which is nice.

Good luck! This is a great list. Personally, my favorites are [name]Eliza[/name] and [name]Emmeline[/name]. I also think these two go best with your chosen middle names.

I really like [name]Emmeline[/name].

I’ve always loved the name [name]Stella[/name].

My faves on your list are [name]Stella[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name]. [name]Both[/name] lovely and fun to say. [name]Love[/name] [name]Liza[/name] as a nn.

I like [name]Stella[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] as well.

I don’t really see [name]Stella[/name] becoming another [name]Emily[/name] or [name]Madison[/name]. I guess I could be wrong; who knows? I just like it. And the meaning you mentioned ([name]December[/name], star, etc.) is lovely!

I love [name]Stella[/name], especially because it’s a derivative of [name]Esther[/name], which was my Grandmothers name, but if I were going to use it I would change it up a little so it’s still unique. I think that because [name]Tori[/name] Spelling named her daughter [name]Stella[/name] it’s really going to climb up the list. I’d use [name]Stellina[/name], which is [name]Italina[/name] for little star…[name]Stellina[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] [name]Rogers[/name]. It’s long but I personally like the long, strong names…My daughter is [name]Iris[/name] [name]Leia[/name] [name]Ann[/name] and my son is [name]Maximos[/name] [name]Alexander[/name].

I love the names [name]Stella[/name] and [name]Hadley[/name] from your list!! I like [name]Stella[/name] [name]Sofie[/name] [name]Marie[/name] not crazing about names with both first and middle ending the same way like in a’s …but that is just me…lol…they all are beautiful names…I’m not a fan of [name]Eliza[/name] for some reason…it has never grown on me…[name]Emmeline[/name] is very pretty and you don’t hear it alot, I also like [name]Evaline[/name] or [name]Evalyn[/name] but it does sound a lot like [name]Emily[/name] and that is so common…

I must say [name]Hadley[/name] [name]Sofia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] sounds great!! I think this is my Fav!! good luck to you ; )

Wow I love this site, everyone is so nice!! I thank all of you for your comments and opinions :slight_smile: I still don’t think I’m any closer to deciding…luckily I have awhile to go but I have a feeling she will be here before I know it! It seems like everyone likes different names and there wasn’t a clear “winner”. Anyway, I really do appreciate everyone taking time to give me their input and I will take everything you all said into consideration!! I will keep you posted on my thoughts/decision!

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Megan[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Stella[/name]: I think [name]Stella[/name] is very pretty, and while I personally don’t see it becoming the next [name]Madison[/name], etc., I do agree that it will become more popular, especially with [name]Tori[/name] Spelling’s baby girl being a [name]Stella[/name].

[name]Hadley[/name]: If popularity/trendiness is an issue for you, I’d suggest avoiding [name]Hadley[/name], which I can totally see catching on like wildfire. (I personally know of several little Hadleys.)

[name]Emmeline[/name]: I love [name]Emmeline[/name], too, but like you said, there are a lot of Ems out there! I pronounce it like you do, [name]Emma[/name]-line, but pronunciation may be an issue with the [name]Emma[/name]-lynn and [name]Emma[/name]-leen pronunciations.

With [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] in the middle, have you thought about [name]Emilia[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]? I think it flows a bit better than [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name], but that’s just me! :slight_smile:

[name]Eliza[/name]: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Eliza[/name], but to me, some of your other options work better with [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] in the middle.

[name]Adeline[/name]: Yeah, it does remind me a lot of [name]Madeleine[/name] and [name]Addison[/name], but I think it’s pretty. :slight_smile:

Of your choices, I like [name]Stella[/name] and [name]Adeline[/name] with [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] in the middle.

Some more ideas:

[name]Annabelle[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]/[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Camille[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] (a bit FFF heavy, though)
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Eva[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Juliana[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Lila[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]/[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

[name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Arabella[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Clotilda[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Cosima[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Flavia[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] - thank you, [name]Jill[/name]!
[name]Madrigal[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] - very different!
[name]Melisande[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Noemi[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Rowena[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Tallulah[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Tereza[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Vicenza[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] - different, too!
[name]Wilhelmina[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Zenobia[/name] [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
That was fun, fun, fun!

[name]Stella[/name]: A lovely name, but on the rise.

[name]Hadley[/name]: I like this name a lot. The “d” sound makes it a stronger choice than the other soft girl names.

[name]Emmeline[/name]: Pronunciation issues galore. Personally, I thought it was pronounced [name]Emma[/name]-lynn. Also, you can be sure it will be shortened to [name]Em[/name] and lose its uniqueness.

[name]Eliza[/name]: A spunky and cool twist on a classic name.

Other suggestions…
[name]Auden[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Millicent[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name]/Miribelle
[name]Tess[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]

[name]Jill[/name], thank you for your comment and suggestions! I have not thought about [name]Emilia[/name]…how would you pronounce that? [name]Emma[/name]-lia? It looks very pretty!! I loved a lot of the suggestions on your list and have thought about a lot of them actually. I like [name]Annabel[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Lila[/name], [name]Scarlett[/name], and [name]Violet[/name]. Hmm…decisions decisions!!

[name]Susan[/name], you also had some great unique suggestions. I think it’s funny you mentioned just [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] because I would actually love to use that, but it is way too popular for me :frowning: [name]Sophia[/name] has been my favorite name for years, and [name]Marie[/name] is a family name that I have to use. Thats why I thought putting both in the middle might work. Of your suggestions I like [name]Arabella[/name], [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Madrigal[/name] (my mom actually calls me [name]Madge[/name]…it kind of reminds me of that!), [name]Poppy[/name], and [name]Rowena[/name]. Thank you for all of your suggestions…I’m glad you had fun suggesting!

Amy1291 thank you for your input as well! There is something about [name]Hadley[/name] I keep coming back to. I do worry about the pronunciation issues of [name]Emmeline[/name], but I hope if I tell someone once or twice they will remember. Of your suggestions I like [name]Auden[/name], [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Matilda[/name], and [name]Evelyn[/name]. Thanks again :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] there! You’re very welcome. :slight_smile: [name]Emilia[/name] is Italian, and I pronounce it like [name]Amelia[/name], but with an [name]Em[/name] sound at the beginning.

I think you have a lot of pretty names on your list!

Best wishes to you!