Please help me actually settle on a middle name

Violet June - June is month husband and I met/started dating. are initials an issue
Violet Jane - grandmother but aren’t in love with it. are initials an issue
Violet Marilyn - grandmother but aren’t in love with it
Violet Mary - we share a great grandmother we did not know. wonder if it’s too safe
Violet Renee - it’s possible i may not be able to respectfully use this one even tho it’s a favorite
Violet Hannah - not bad but not a favorite flow. other sibling has an anna version middle name already, my partner least favorite.

Still trying to find more but that’s what i’ve got for now. Please tell me your favorites and which ones you’d nix

I really love [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f], followed by [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] & [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f].

As for the initials I really dont think it will cause a problem. I have never used my children first and middle initials alone its either all 3 (which itself is very rare, or just their 1st and last). And even if you google the initials ‘VJ’ all you get is video jockey, so I cant imagine it would cause any issues.

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] is lovely :cherry_blossom:

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] ~ this name is timeless, sugary sweet and feel of summery feels. I think she’s lovely. However when I answered this post the initials didn’t spring out at me I do see slight sticking point with them but honestly I do not think it’s a huge issue especially as she’ll have a surname. I have the same initials and have had no issues!

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is a very classic choice that feels elegant with [name_f]Violet[/name_f]. [name_m]An[/name_m] overall timeless name! It’s nice to have the connection to your grandmother as well. But if you’re not feeling [name_f]Jane[/name_f] I would scratch her off the list.

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f] ~ this name has a midcentury old school Hollywood glamour feel. Very much a starlet name. I do like but doesn’t have the same qualities as you seem to want with [name_f]Violet[/name_f] that sweet cottagecore vibe.

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] ~ I absolutely love [name_f]Mary[/name_f]! She’s so classic, elegant, calming and timeless. I love the overall rural cottagecore 1920s vibe of this name. However I think the meaning behind [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is so loose that maybe she doesn’t feel that special.

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f] ~ very glamorous! She feels sophisticated and very chic Parisian which evokes imagery of twinkling lights, coffee shops and busy streets.

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] ~ [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] is a lovely girl next door feel which is sweet but I agree the flow is a little off. However [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] does sound friendly and sweet.

I think for you my favourite is [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f]!

I like [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] a lot - bright and lovely!

I also like [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] (sweet and simple) and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] (grounded and charming).

I’d nix [name_f]Jane[/name_f], since it’s got two strikes against it.
I’d cut [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f], since you don’t love it entirely.
I’d cut [name_f]Renee[/name_f] if you worry it won’t be respectful, because they might make you not want to share her name.

Honestly though, I know it doesn’t help, but I’d keep looking as none of these seem to be clicking for you.

Summary

A few ideas:

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] → a nod to [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and Marilyn; a nod to [name_f]Rae[/name_f] (Rosemarie); [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is the birth flower of [name_f]June[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Marnie[/name_f] → a nod to [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f] and [name_f]Mary[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Mairead[/name_f] → [name_f]Mairead[/name_f] means ‘pearl’ - the birth stone of [name_f]June[/name_f] - includes the [name_f]Rae[/name_f] sound - and could be a nod to [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f] in terms of spelling

1 Like

It sounds like the only one you actually love is [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f]. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is my favorite, but this isn’t my child and the meaning doesn’t have the same significance to me. Use the name you love! I don’t think the initials are an issue.

1 Like

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] are pretty💜

Like the suggestion of [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] 🩵

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] is my favorite for you, and seems to be your top choice as well, so I say go for it! [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] is so sweet, summery, and warm! She’s very cozy, I absolutely adore her! I also see no issues with the initials. I love the sentiment behind the name as well. That’s so sweet. I actually love [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_m]Julian[/name_m] for the same reason; my boyfriend and I met in [name_f]July[/name_f]. I think it’s such a wonderful way to honor the love between you and your partner!

[name_f]My[/name_f] second favorites are [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], but if you’re not in love with her I’d scratch her off, and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f]. I’d recommend talking [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f] over with family to see if you can use the name respectfully, but if there’s any tension or issue over it, I’d unfortunately say it’s best to nix.

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] does seem a little on the safe side and that might make her feel boring or dull to you, though I think she has a classic, timeless feel to her. Flow wise I don’t love her, but if you’re down for a variation, [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] would be extra charming! I love [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f] even more though! She’d be my 3rd favorite from your list! But again, if you’re not in love with it, I’d scratch it off.

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] is my least favorite, I think the flow is off and it might make you feel tied to “-anna” names, having already used one for your other child. It also seems like husband is not on board with this one, so I’d 100% nix this one.

Overall, in order from fave to least fave, I’d say:

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f] - 100% yes, for all the reasons (flow, sound, feelings and meaning)
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Renee[/name_f] - if safe to use, definitely a top choice for sound and flow
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] - very cute and classic! [name_f]Love[/name_f] her!

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f] - only if you find you love her, great choice sound wise
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f] - only if you’re down for a variation, love the flow!
[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] - only if you find you love her, safe but classic

[name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] - very last, not feeling at all, would 100% nix

I hope this helps!

I like [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] most from your options. The flow is nice. I wouldn’t cross any off your list, I think they’re all good, but [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is my favorite. If you don’t love [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f] but want to honor her, maybe Marin/Maren/Marina?

I think [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Mary[/name_f], and [name_f]Marilyn[/name_f] sound best

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f], [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], and [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]!

I’d start a new list of considerations. The only one I’d put on it from your current list is [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f]. It’s being two words is my one hesitancy… sounds more like a description to me then a name. But I’d keep it nonetheless because it’s the one name you seem to like. All the rest on the list because you seem to not like any of them for one reason or another and it’s not worth it to settle for a name you’re just not feeling.

I’d immediately nix all that you said you don’t love or are not a favorite. That leaves [name_f]June[/name_f], [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and [name_f]Renee[/name_f]. It sounds like you’re not feeling [name_f]Mary[/name_f] either cause you don’t know the great-grandma, so choosing that sounds like settling. With [name_f]Renee[/name_f], you didn’t say why not able to respectfully use, so I’m not really sure about it. If it’s a favorite but you can’t use [name_f]Renee[/name_f] itself maybe consider similar names like [name_f]Reina[/name_f], [name_f]Renata[/name_f], etc?

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorite for you is [name_f]Violet[/name_f] [name_f]June[/name_f]. It’s the only one with sweet personal association, it flows really well, and I don’t see how VJ initial can be an issue.

I love Violet Jane, but I think your favorite is Violet June. Initials are definitely NOT an issue.:blush: Go with Violet June.
Just reread your post and saw that you love Renee. That’s really pretty too. I don’t know the issue, but I hope you get to choose your absolute favorite combination!