Please help me decide!

between [name]Asher[/name] or [name]Beckett[/name]!!

C-section is scheduled for less than two weeks. Hubby is not helping anymore- he says he is fine with either name and that it’s up to me…

Any thoughts on the names I may not be thinking of? Possible nicknames or reasons I would not like either name??

I go back and forth- one day I’ll prefer one and the next day I’ll prefer the other! I don’t want to regret whichever I end up choosing!!!

Please help!!

I absolutely adore [name]Asher[/name]! Although it’s pretty popular right now, so is [name]Beckett[/name]. [name]Asher[/name] is so handsome, and has the fantastic nickname [name]Ash[/name]. [name]Asher[/name] could possibly be teased like “[name]Ash[/name] [name]Tray[/name]” or something in school, but I doubt it. [name]Beckett[/name] is a really nice name too, with the nickname “[name]Beck[/name]”, which I’m not too fond of. [name]Beckett[/name] sounds like a country name to me. I can’t think of any potential jokes for the name [name]Beckett[/name]. [name]Asher[/name] [name]Beckett[/name] sounds really great. In the end though, it’s what you love! Congrats and good luck :slight_smile:

[name]Beckett[/name] could be teased as [name]Becky[/name]. With [name]Asher[/name] you could always sing that Cornershop song ‘Brimful of [name]Asha[/name]’.

[name]One[/name] alternative I’d like to suggest is [name]Dashiell[/name]. It’s been a popular name on the forum lately and may be somewhere in between the two names you like.

I really like both names. I like nameobsessednichole’s suggestion of naming your son [name]Asher[/name] with the middle name [name]Beckett[/name]. [name]Both[/name] names are great! Good luck!

I love [name]Dashiell[/name]!! But hubby says no!

Too bad. I get no a lot from DW on names, in fact she hates all the names I like, especially the names I love.

I love [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Beckett[/name]! [name]Both[/name] are on my top 10, actually, and [name]Asher[/name]'s in my top 5. :slight_smile: I think both could get a bit of girlish teasing, because of [name]Ash[/name] and [name]Beck[/name] (I would be using [name]Beckett[/name] to honor my sister, [name]Becca[/name]). I think [name]Beckett[/name] could get something to do with buckets, as well. I think they’re pretty much equally awesome, just comes down to which you prefer! Maybe take both names to the hospital? I think [name]Beckett[/name] [name]Asher[/name] is pretty awesome, actually, too–I prefer it to [name]Asher[/name] [name]Beckett[/name].

Lately I’ve been loving [name]Beckett[/name] a lot, but in general I think I do prefer [name]Asher[/name]. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

I really like both names. But my final choice would be [name]Asher[/name]. I really like the suggestion of [name]Asher[/name] [name]Beckett[/name].

I think I saw somebody else suggest this already but I would use “[name]Asher[/name] [name]Beckett[/name]” as the name. I love the nn [name]Ashe[/name] and I think those two names flow together perfectly in that order. I dislike how it sounds in reverse.

I really hope I see [name]Asher[/name] [name]Beckett[/name] in the birth announcements!!! :slight_smile:

Good luck in delivery mama!!! <3

Isn’t the flow of [name]Asher[/name] [name]Beckett[/name] unfavorable according to the name experts? [name]Both[/name] names have the accent on the first syllable?

I would choose [name]Asher[/name], but it might be best to wait till you meet him. That’s what I did with my son :wink: And flow is not that important. My son’s name doesn’t have the best flow, but it has meaning, and I love it! I considered names with better flow, but they never felt right.

I like [name]Asher[/name] [name]Bennett[/name] :slight_smile: Might run that past hubby tonight. Hubby doesn’t like the flow of [name]Asher[/name] [name]Beckett[/name] for some reason. If we use [name]Beckett[/name], his middle name will most likely be [name]William[/name] but we don’t have a set one for [name]Asher[/name] yet.

[name]Beckett[/name] [name]Asher[/name] would be adorable and sounds better than [name]Asher[/name] [name]Beckett[/name] and I’m not so keen on the [name]Asher[/name] [name]Bennett[/name] flow either.

[name]Beckett[/name] [name]William[/name] is gorgeous, and [name]Asher[/name] [name]William[/name] would be handsome too.

[name]Asher[/name] [name]Malachi[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Conrad[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Quinlan[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Dominic[/name]

[name]Asher[/name]! It’s my cat’s name because I love the name but didn’t quite love it enough to save it for a future son. I like the nn [name]Ash[/name] too. [name]Beckett[/name] is ok but I’m not a huge fan.