Please help me find a new name

plato, thanks for your suggestions! I’ve never really liked the name [name]Nadia[/name], honestly. I don’t like [name]Nicolette[/name], being an extension of [name]Nicole[/name]. And [name]Natalia[/name] I like, but I just don’t know. I have a cousin named this, but I don’t see her too often. Hmm.

The reason I suggested N names is that I thought it might be an easier transition, that said, maybe you could keep [name]Nicole[/name] as one of your middle names (have a double middle name) and then embrace a new first name even if its completely different in sound. If you want something with similiar sound, Im going to suggest names which will pick up the hard c sound in [name]Nicole[/name]. I dont think you should do a name that your mom isnt crazy about, if [name]Matilda[/name] isnt going to grow on her, then let that one go. You need to have her on board to embrace whatever name it is with love and excitement, otherwise it will never feel right for either one of you.

So now my suggestions are:

[name]Natalia[/name]
[name]Collette[/name]
[name]Colleen[/name]
[name]Caia[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]

Tell us what it is about [name]Matilda[/name] that you like…so that we can suggest others. Is the the M sound? Is it the british vibe it has going on? Is it the nn [name]Tilly[/name]?

I love [name]Matilda[/name] because it is vintage, sweet, and humble. It’s not frilly either. Also, [name]Matilda[/name] reminds me of the film and [name]Roald[/name] Dahl book, which I loved when I was younger.”

To be honest, I’ve never been keen on N to begin with. I have strong synesthesia, so I can get crazy and OCD about these things. Ns are okay as long as they are not the first letter. Unfortunately, I can be very particular at times! Some letters I really like: A, D, E, H, M, R, S, U, V, W, Y. I don’t really like B or G. This can vary, but for the most part, it’s true.”

After trying on [name]Scarlett[/name] for size, I’ve realized that I might like something dramatic like that. But I’m not sure. I’m a teenager; I still don’t know exactly who I am, so this whole process is tricky. ” ”

Wow, you guys have been really supportive and helpful! Thank you so much!