Please help me, my wonderful berries!

I need your help ! I’m asking, in advance, for your patience ! :crazy_face: I’m having our third girl in September and we cannot for the life of us, commit to a name ! I normally love to have it decided early to help with bonding and it makes the hospital stay so much smoother.

We have a Hazel Jane and a Margot Brynn. We have both vetoed all of the others suggestions and have looked at, I swear, a million names. I’ve looked at all of the vintage names that are ‘supposed’ to go with our girls’ names, but nothing seems right.

He loves Genevieve and Evie… and I just don’t. I can’t get myself there.

We both like Neve Lauren the best. (Pronounced like the first syllable in never or ever. Or Neve Campbell.) But worry that it sounds too short.

Any help for us ??? Should I list all the names that have been shot down ? Would that be helpful ?! Am I crazy?!?!

Editing to add all the rejected names: Lola, Phoebe, Daphne, Gwendolyn, Sylvie, Maeve, Poppy, Alma, Juliet, Etta, Felicity, Emma, Charlotte, Scarlett, Isabel, Ava, Ada, Noelle, Lila, Sophie/Sophia, Olivia, Guinevere, Stella, Vivian, Cecelia, Cecily, Willa, Penelope, Penny, Odette, Iris, Ivy, Alice, Lorelei, Freya, Anya, Rowan, Romy, Ophelia, Olive, Amelia, Mia, Brooklyn, Carly, Caroline, Eleanore, Clara, Aurelia, Aurora, Lana, Lena, Kaia/Kai, Eliza, Blythe, Nina, Cara, Carys, Fiona, Annabel, Evangeline, Gwyneth, Gwen, Harper, Harlow, Stevie, Thea, Dorothy, Gemma, Hope, Haley, Hallie, Hannah, Adele, Francesca, Mina, Darla, Isla, Mila, Audrey, Abigail, Josephine, Frankie, Billie, Georgia, Tess, Tessa, Vera, Ella, Aspen, Cleo, Juno, Briar, Rose, Willow, Dahlia, Violet, Elsie, Colette, Lily, Evelyn, Bridget, Susannah, Savanah, Haven, Lucy, Nora, Daisy, Presley, Ruby, Blair’s, Sloane, Emily, Beatrice, Beatrix, Nellie, Wren, Elle, Goldie, and Piper. I THINK that’s it !

1 Like

I like [name_f]Neve[/name_f] but it’s usually pronounced like neev so I think that might be confusing.

[name_f]Margot[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and

[name_f]Nell[/name_f]
[name_f]Nellie[/name_f]
[name_f]Winnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Alba[/name_f]
[name_f]Edith[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Alma[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Opal[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Lillian[/name_f]
[name_u]Evelyn[/name_u]
[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Francine[/name_f]
[name_f]Maxine[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Ida[/name_f]
[name_f]Carys[/name_f]
[name_f]Ramona[/name_f]
[name_f]Rowena[/name_f]
[name_f]Adina[/name_f]
[name_f]Fern[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f]
[name_f]Frida[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruthie[/name_f]

1 Like

No you’re not crazy we’ve been doing the same thing for this baby.
A list of names that you’ve already vetoed might be helpful just so you don’t get repeats!

But I’d suggest…

[name_u]Camille[/name_u]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabeth[/name_f]
Annevieve (kinda like [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] but not?)
[name_f]Belen[/name_f]
[name_f]Beth[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Dinah[/name_f]
[name_f]Eulalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]

1 Like

i like neve lauren for you, but i would assume neve was pronounced neev (like niamh) so that might be an issue

1 Like

Congratulations!

Firstly your daughters names are absolutely lovely so I’m sure whatever name you decide will be perfect.

When it came to naming my daughter I struggled it’s so hard naming when the reality of it occurs. Also it’s even harder for you as you’ve named two daughters already. Honestly your not crazy that your struggling or your revisiting names. I was exactly the same I asked the berries so many questions then eventually settled on [name_f]Lilia[/name_f].

Anyways [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] ‘Evie’ was actually an option I considered it’s a beautiful name but what put me off is that I have a dyslexic father who just couldn’t handle the spelling. I also considered just [name_f]Evie[/name_f]. [name_f]Evie[/name_f] is such a sweet name that would work with [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] & [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. In relation to [name_f]Neve[/name_f] it’s usually pronounced neev I think with your desired pronunciation it could cause confusion so personally I wouldn’t use this name with your pronunciation and stylistically I’m not sure if the name works with [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] & [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. However if you like the name go for it and [name_f]Neve[/name_f] [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] is pretty.

Anyways you’ve had a few suggestions but I thought I’d give you some and count any suggestions as me being in agreement with the rest of the berries

[name_f]Hazel[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Brynn[/name_f] and…
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Viola[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_f]Bronwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Alma[/name_f]
[name_f]Ida[/name_f]
[name_u]Romilly[/name_u]
[name_f]Goldie[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphi[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Winnie[/name_f]
[name_f]Faye[/name_f]
[name_f]Blythe[/name_f]
[name_f]Emerald[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Odette[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f]

Good luck

1 Like

[name_m]Just[/name_m] added all the rejected names. At least I think so… not including [name_u]Jude[/name_u], [name_u]Blake[/name_u], [name_u]Logan[/name_u], etc… for a girl.

I agree! I know it as Neeve from Nameberry and “Nehv” from [name_f]Neve[/name_f] [name_u]Campbell[/name_u]. But most of family/friends that I ran it by just didn’t know how to pronounce it all. I heard a wide array! Someone that meant [name_u]Navy[/name_u]!

1 Like

I think I have them listed now. Though I’m sure it’s not all of them. How has it been going for you??

This makes my heart so happy to see! I’ve been weirdly worried that it doesn’t fit our 2 syllable first, 1 syllable middle, with no obvious nicknames !

1 Like

I’m worried about that too! Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Thank you for your thoughtful response ! I genuinely love most of these names. If it were solely up to me, her name would be [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_f]Lola[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u], or [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u].

Naming with a partner is so hard. [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] is so beautiful, I absolutely love it ! I might throw that in during our next round of discussions !

How about [name_f]Neva[/name_f] [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] nn [name_f]Neve[/name_f]? It would give the pronunciation length, and the nickname would fit with the same idea as [name_f]Sophia[/name_f] nn [name_f]Sophie[/name_f].

1 Like

I would intuitively pronounce [name_f]Neve[/name_f] as “Neeve” but it’s not a name I’m familiar with. On it’s own it’s not the best style match with your two girls, but if you don’t love anything else it may be the way to go.

[name_f]Neve[/name_f] could be a nn for [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], and [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] would go great with [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]. I know you’re not super keen on [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] but maybe with [name_u]Nev[/name_u] as a nn you might like it more.

Other options to consider might be [name_f]Laura[/name_f] or [name_u]Laurel[/name_u] - they’re more in the style of [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] and you might like them since you like [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] as a mn. [name_f]Flora[/name_f] would also go great with your two girls (I don’t think I saw that on the veto list)

2 Likes

I think it would get misprounounced a lot the way you pronounce it.

Suggestions -

[name_u]Abby[/name_u] [name_u]Sloane[/name_u] (just Abby)
[name_f]Mollie[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u]
[name_u]Rue[/name_u] [name_u]Aspen[/name_u]
[name_f]Taya[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Reina[/name_f] [name_u]Haley[/name_u]
[name_f]Lettie[/name_f] [name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_f]Cassie[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_u]Keeley[/name_u] [name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_u]Roma[/name_u] [name_u]Billie[/name_u]
[name_u]Honor[/name_u] [name_f]Emma[/name_f]
[name_u]Finley[/name_u] [name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_u]Coley[/name_u] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_u]Misha[/name_u] [name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Sonia[/name_f] [name_u]Briar[/name_u]
[name_u]Dream[/name_u] [name_f]Lauren[/name_f]
[name_f]Belle[/name_f] [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]
[name_f]Daya[/name_f] [name_u]Sloane[/name_u]
[name_f]Kiara[/name_f] [name_f]Cecily[/name_f]
[name_f]Zella[/name_f] [name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Sosie[/name_f] [name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_f]Roxie[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Iona[/name_f] [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_f]Kimora[/name_f] [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
[name_f]Vada[/name_f] [name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_u]Halo[/name_u] [name_f]Savannah[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] vote would weirdly enough be [name_f]Kimora[/name_f] [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] - Spunky and matches a lot of your choices while also being unique. I also think the [name_f]Kimora[/name_f] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] Simmons association has faded significantly so you would never be asked about it. [name_f]My[/name_f] second choice would be [name_f]Sonia[/name_f] [name_u]Briar[/name_u] and my third choice would be [name_f]Mollie[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u].

1 Like

Names that jumped out at me immediately as going with your girls names are:

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] (I know this is on your reject list but sometimes I find my own mind changing when I get alerted to a name enough)
and
[name_f]Flora[/name_f] (a little bit of [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] in there)

[name_f]Sylvie[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] or [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Neve[/name_f] could be wonderful :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

I love [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], my husband doesn’t. :disappointed: I’m not sure about [name_f]Flora[/name_f]. That’s the second time it’s been suggested. I’ll have to give it some thought!

[name_f]Lauren[/name_f] / [name_u]Wren[/name_u] are an honor name for a [name_u]Lawrence[/name_u]. Those two are pretty non negotiable as a middle. But man, [name_f]Flora[/name_f] [name_f]Neve[/name_f] looks so beautiful!

2 Likes

Hmmm peeling through your list. These came to mind…

[name_f]Esme[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
Maevyn
[name_f]Emme[/name_f]
[name_f]Joy[/name_f]
[name_f]Elowen[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]
[name_f]Estelle[/name_f]

I can see your predicament. I’ll be back if more come to mind! You got this!:purple_heart:

1 Like

[name_u]Nova[/name_u] came to mind! It has a “v” in it, which you seem to like with [name_f]Neve[/name_f] & [name_f]Evie[/name_f].

[name_f]Elsie[/name_f]
[name_f]Alba[/name_f]
[name_f]Peggy[/name_f]
[name_f]Winry[/name_f]
[name_f]Anita[/name_f]
[name_f]Nancy[/name_f]
[name_f]Livvy[/name_f]
[name_f]Wendy[/name_f]
[name_f]Viv[/name_f]
[name_f]Betty[/name_f]
[name_f]Layla[/name_f]
Esty/Esther

1 Like

What a sweet list! Thank you!

If you spell it [name_u]Nev[/name_u] i think it would be easier for people to pronounce correctly

1 Like