Please help me name my 3rd daughter.

Hello all

I am due in less than 3 weeks and I am name stuck. Your help would be MUCH appreciated! This will be our third daughter in 5 years my other two are named [name]Rachel[/name] [name]Anaya[/name] and [name]Aria[/name] [name]Ines[/name]. They both go by their middle names, [name]Anaya[/name] and [name]Ines[/name] and our last name is Stevens.

My husband and I are almost completely set on the name [name]Isla[/name], however we are having trouble coming up with a MN. Also since our other daughters go by their middle names should we follow suit with naming our third that way as well??? The only other concern that has been nagging me about [name]Isla[/name] is I am afraid it sounds to close to [name]Anaya[/name] (ah-[name]NYE[/name]-uh) [name]Isla[/name] (eye-LA) what do you think??

Some names that are in consideration with [name]Isla[/name] are:

[name]Marian[/name] (We are Catholic so honoring [name]Mary[/name] would be strongly considered).

[name]Gray[/name]

[name]Esme[/name] (however I have doubts about [name]Isla[/name] [name]Esme[/name] because of Breaking [name]Dawn[/name] (Twilight) the island [name]Bella[/name] & [name]Edward[/name] go to is named [name]Isle[/name] [name]Esme[/name]) :\

[name]Adele[/name]

I don’t [name]LOVE[/name] any of these names though. I also have no clue what my naming style is exactly. I seem to like names that are about #400-500 in popularity ranked by the SSA if that’s of any help. I have always felt strongly about giving my girls names that aren’t too sweet and storybook’ish, considering my name is [name]Brandon[/name].

Any recommendations would be appreciated!

[name]Isla[/name] does seem very close to [name]Anaya[/name]. I do love the name [name]Isla[/name] (my daughter’s name) and [name]Esme[/name] but not together. [name]Feel[/name] like you need a one or three syllable middle with the last name Stevens. [name]Esme[/name] would make for a lovely first name as well. I like [name]Annabel[/name] as a middle as well as [name]Neve[/name], [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Madeline[/name].

I think [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Anaya[/name] do sound similar but not similar enough that I wouldn’t consider using it. I do however feel that since you call your other two children by their middle names you should follow suit with this one. The name I liked best if you want to call your daughter [name]Isla[/name] is [name]Marian[/name] [name]Isla[/name]. If you plan on using [name]Isla[/name] as the first name and not calling your daughter by her middle name then I prefer [name]Isla[/name] [name]Adele[/name].

I like [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Neve[/name] and have been thinking about them a lot more lately. Maybe

[name]Neve[/name] [name]Isla[/name] Stevens

or

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Neve[/name] Stevens ??

Is having each name be a different amount of syllables steadfast??

I’m not really a fan of [name]Neve[/name] but I think [name]Isla[/name] [name]Neve[/name] sounds better than [name]Neve[/name] [name]Isla[/name] howver that doesn’t work if you want her to go by her middle name but still call her [name]Isla[/name]. I would go for [name]Maeve[/name] [name]Isla[/name] over [name]Neve[/name] [name]Isla[/name].

I agree with you, [name]Isla[/name] [name]Neve[/name] does sound better. My girls going by their middle names was a fluke - one my husband hates and our school LOL. So I can definitely break the cycle this time if need be.

I need more feedback on the [name]Anaya[/name]/[name]Isla[/name] sound alike situation…Pretty please!

I really don’t think the [name]Anaya[/name]/[name]Isla[/name] thing is a problem. They are spelled completely differently and they sound different enough that it shouldn’t be a problem.

It’s just that last ‘a’ syllable that gets me. I think I’m going to forget about it, and go for [name]Isla[/name]! Final answer :wink: Now for a MN…

I actually really like [name]Isla[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]. I think its beautiful, classic and will age well with her.

I really like it too. I adore the NN potential Illie-[name]Mae[/name]. We are all about NN around here. Thanks!