Please help me name my twins

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]! I have a son named [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m] [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m], and I am now pregnant with twins. One boy and one girl. My partner and I have decided on the name [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] for the boy, but we are struggling with the girl name. The favorite at the moment is [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], but our family and friends have had problems with the name [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f], but they do like [name_f]Iris[/name_f]. My partner and I do not like any other middle names with [name_f]Iris[/name_f]… [name_f]Do[/name_f] [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] and [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] work as twin names?

Other girl names we like are:

[name_f]Nova[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Maude[/name_f] [name_f]Albertine[/name_f]
[name_f]Luna[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] (but a few of our friends have dogs named [name_f]Luna[/name_f], so that is why have issues with this one…)

I really like [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] with her brothers’ names! You kind of have a pattern going with a classic, vintage first name and a longer, frilly middle, and [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] fits perfectly in that pattern. I think it’s a great choice, but if you want any other suggestions, these come to mind:
First:
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Stella[/name_f]
[name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Hazel[/name_f]
[name_f]Lily[/name_f]
[name_f]Mira[/name_f]
[name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_u]Marian[/name_u]

Middle:
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurora[/name_f]
[name_f]Loretta[/name_f]
[name_f]Thomasina[/name_f]
[name_f]Amalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Augustina[/name_f]
[name_f]Antonia[/name_f]
[name_f]Lorelei[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogene[/name_f]

[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is lovely and fits well! I’m sure family and friends will be fine with it if she’s actually named it :slight_smile:
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f]/[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f] would also work. [name_f]Iris[/name_f] Felcitiy, [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] or [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f] have a similar feel to [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] too :slight_smile:

Thank you for the awesome responses! I think we’ll go with [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f].

I think [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is lovely and goes well with [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]. [name_f]Nova[/name_f] and [name_f]Luna[/name_f] do not fit well with [name_m]Samuel[/name_m], though [name_f]Maude[/name_f] would be very cute.

What are the reasons given for not liking [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]? Is it just the sound or the Shakespearean tragedy?

I absolutely think you should go with [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] if that is what you love! It is a gorgeous name. Your friends and family will surely come around when they have a beautiful baby [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] in their lives, they’ll accept it at least if not fall in love with it.
[name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] and [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] are great twin names. I think they work well with their brothers name too.

It’s because of the Shakespearean tragedy… not sure why they feel it is such a big deal.
But thanks for making me feel confident about my decision. We’ll probably use [name_f]Maud[/name_f] if we have another girl at some point :slight_smile:

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] names–congrats! [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is great and goes well with [name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] too. If you want a few other [name_f]Iris[/name_f] combinations: [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Theodora[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f], or [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Antonia[/name_f] work well. I love [name_f]Maud[/name_f] too-- I like [name_f]Maud[/name_f] [name_f]Leonora[/name_f] as a combo using the other names on your list.