Please help me pick between Anika and Kira

Hello,

This is my first time posting and I am 34 weeks with girl number 3. DD1 is named [name]Sophie[/name] [name]Ava[/name] and DD2 is [name]Ella[/name] [name]Nadia[/name]. Our last name is very long (13 letters), Dutch, starts with G. For that reason we try to keep the first two names on the shorter side.
We are stuck between two names:
[name]Anika[/name] - used in both Dutch and Czech which are the kids backgrounds
[name]Kira[/name] - Russian spelling again for the slavic background.

My husband is partial to [name]Kira[/name] but I would love any and all feedback, opinions etc…

[name]Anika[/name]! It’s so sweet and I love the very European feel I get with the name. I slightly prefer the [name]Annika[/name] spelling, but in general, I just love the idea of [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Ella[/name], and [name]Annika[/name]/[name]Anika[/name] together more than [name]Sophie[/name], [name]Ella[/name], and [name]Kira[/name]. [name]Anika[/name] just has a softer feel which I think goes so well with [name]Sophie[/name] and [name]Ella[/name].

Good luck!

My vote is for [name]Kira[/name]! This was almost my daughters name- I think it’s easy to pronounce and familiar in so many different cultures. It’s spunky and sweet. [name]Anika[/name] is pretty too, but I just love [name]Kira[/name].

[name]Anika[/name] sounds quite similar to Anakin, as in Anakin Skywalker from [name]Star[/name] Wars. [name]Just[/name] something to consider.

[name]How[/name] will you be pronouncing these names?

ah nee kah
key rah

[name]Kira[/name]! I think [name]Kira[/name] is such a cute and sweet name. [name]Anika[/name] sounds very harsh and masculine to me. I knew a boy growing up named Aniket so that could be why it seems so masculine. I also don’t think [name]Anika[/name] sounds very nice with your other daughters names. [name]Kira[/name] just seems like a perfect fit to me :slight_smile:

With those pronunciations I prefer [name]Kira[/name]! Good luck!

I love both names but I think [name]Kira[/name] sounds better when you consider your other children’s names.

[name]Anika[/name] by far!

[name]Anika[/name]. [name]Kira[/name] will be misspelled a lot and it gets lost in the sea of K names.

I like [name]Kira[/name], especially with your daughters names. I have never been a fan of [name]Anika[/name], it just does not sound right to my ears, sorry :frowning:

[name]Kira[/name] has my vote! Though they are both nice!

[name]Anika[/name], definitely! I’m pretty biased, though…that’s the name of my favorite singer. Haha. But overall, I think [name]Anika[/name] matures a lot better than [name]Kira[/name], but I do really like [name]Kira[/name]! Good luck!

I prefer [name]Kira[/name] with your girls’ names.

Definitely [name]Anika[/name] maybe your husband could be won over with another spelling eg [name]Anneke[/name]?