Please Help Me with this!

I was very close to my grandmother, so I wanted to name my daughter after her. Her name was [name]Dorothy[/name] , so I wanted to make the baby’s middle name [name]Dorothy[/name] but I cant figure out a first name that sounds good with it. I need advice please!!!

I love the name [name]Dorothy[/name]! I used it as a first name for my daughter, but it can easily work in the middle too.

What kind of names do you like? Classic, vintage… trendy?

[name]Hi[/name]! I’m so sorry about your grandma. :frowning: I love her name, [name]Dorothy[/name], and actually love it as a first name, too. (Or [name]Dorothea[/name], nn [name]Thea[/name].)

I really like vintage/classic names with [name]Dorothy[/name]:

[name]Celia[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Stella[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name]

[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Mae[/name] (nn [name]Thea[/name])
[name]Dorothea[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]

[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]

[name]Esme[/name] [name]Dorothea[/name] ([name]Esme[/name] means beloved)
[name]Maeve[/name] [name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Dorothea[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I like all kinds, I dont like the car names like mercedes or lexis or stuff like that … I really like [name]Delilah[/name] and [name]Savannah[/name] , I guess I’d like classic or vintage names better then trendy but I would also like something different , something no one else has, make sense?

Thanks so much for the advice. - [name]Jessica[/name] [name]Noell[/name]

[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Savannah[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Savannah[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Frances[/name]

Like any?

You’re welcome! Some more you may like:

[name]Aveline[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name] (Although [name]Dorothy[/name] and Auntie [name]Em[/name] are in The [name]Wizard[/name] of [name]Oz[/name])
[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name]
[name]Rosaline[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name] (Although [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Dorothy[/name] are [name]Golden[/name] Girls characters) :slight_smile:
[name]Viola[/name] [name]Dorothy[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

See this is my problem, I like the names you said individually , I just dont think they sound right together. Im sorry , Im not trying to confuse you about all this. Im just so confused. Id rather have the middle name [name]Dorothy[/name] but its just so hard to find a first name that matches it good. If this helps the last name is [name]Carter[/name].

[name]Don[/name]'t apologize! :slight_smile: For the most part, we’ve been suggesting vintage names that are the same style as [name]Dorothy[/name] (vintage), but maybe you’re looking for a different style of name.

If you look up [name]Dorothy[/name] using the check out a name feature on the right and then scroll below the box that describes [name]Dorothy[/name], you’ll see blog entries written by [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] on this name.

Maybe you’ll see something you like!

Good luck!

Thanx so much!

No problem! :slight_smile: