Please help me!

I think I like the [name]Innes[/name] spelling better, but depending on where you live, pronounciation may be an issue. I think the pronunciation is more obvious with [name]Ennis[/name], but I like the I spelling. Then again, I think of an “innie” belly button. Hmm…Maybe [name]Ennis[/name] is a better bet?

I see that [name]Ennis[/name] is a form of [name]Angus[/name], and despite the whole beef association, I do think that [name]Angus[/name] is a cool name.

I see a -gus theme going on, and I’m wondering if you like the Scottish [name]Mingus[/name]? [name]Helena[/name] Christensen has a little [name]Mingus[/name], and he is beyond handsome.

Good luck! :-)[/quote]

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Jill[/name]

I’ve been thinking, and I do kind of like [name]Mingus[/name]. We didn’t really want any of our children to have the same initial, but I’m wondering if I could let that go… I’m not sure.

You’re absolutely right about the ‘gus’ theme, I really am drawn to names ending in ‘s’, and with [name]Fergus[/name] and [name]Mingus[/name] you seem to have really got a sense of the type of feel/ sound I’m after. [name]Just[/name] not sure aboiut [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Mingus[/name]. [name]Fergus[/name] or [name]Mingus[/name]? I don’t know!

If you think of any more with the same sort of flavour (don’t necessarily have to have the ‘s’ ending!) please let me know!

Many thanks :-)[/quote]

[name]Hi[/name]! Other S-ending names that work with [name]Lachlan[/name]…Hmm…I’m thinking of [name]Ellis[/name]. It’s Welsh, but it has the S ending. Without the S ending, [name]Eamonn[/name] comes to mind (has [name]Lachlan[/name]'s N ending, though, and it’s Gaelic). Another name that comes to mind is [name]Magnus[/name]. It’s Latin and starts with the pesky M, but it reminds me of [name]Fergus[/name] and [name]Mingus[/name]. What about the Irish [name]Redmond[/name]?

I’ll put them in a list. :slight_smile: I know I strayed from the Scottish/Irish names, so I’m sorry. :slight_smile:

[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Eamonn[/name]
[name]Magnus[/name]
[name]Redmond[/name]

I think that [name]Fergus[/name] is very handsome (VERY), and I really like [name]Mingus[/name], too. I completely understand your desire to not repeat initials, though.

I love alliteration, but I think it depends on your particular last name.

I’ll think of more later. :slight_smile:

Take care!

I like [name]Fergus[/name] and [name]Magnus[/name] a lot. A think alliteration can work really well. I’m not keen on [name]Mingus[/name]- really sorry but it reminds me of the word ‘minger’ which means a really unattractive person. I’m not sure if it used in the US but it is here in the UK.
I really like [name]Hamish[/name] from your original list. Also, have you thought of [name]Conan[/name]? I think that goes well too :slight_smile:

Thanks for all your input. I figured I may as well just tell you my surname so you can get a better idea, as I really do like [name]Fergus[/name] a lot: it’s [name]Fox[/name]. So it would be [name]Fergus[/name] [name]Fox[/name]. Tell me HONESTLY ehat you think. Many thanks again everyone! :slight_smile:

A couple of other thoughts that take off from [name]Fergus[/name] and [name]Innes[/name] – [name]Angus[/name] and [name]Inigo[/name]

Here are some more ideas for you.
[name]Manus[/name]
[name]Curran[/name]
[name]Ronan[/name]
Dallan
[name]Eamon[/name]
Roane
[name]Conall[/name]
[name]Brannon[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Malachi[/name]
[name]Brock[/name]
[name]Conan[/name]
[name]Dallas[/name]
[name]Nevan[/name]
[name]Brice[/name]
I prefer [name]Ennis[/name] to [name]Innes[/name]. I don’t think [name]Fergus[/name] is too close to [name]Greer[/name].

[name]Hi[/name] Everyone

So my husband and I have been debating [name]Fergus[/name] and [name]Mingus[/name] and we are very sorry to say that we just can’t settle on either one. It’s mostly because of the double ‘F’ and double ‘M’ thing that we can’t get past. They are both so close to being right. :frowning: Back to the drawing board I guess :frowning:

I guess to make it easier (or more difficult, lol!) what we’re really after is a Scottish name, preferably 2 syllables that complements [name]Lachlan[/name] well and doesn’t begin with the pesky F or L, M or G. Tall order!!! I’m so sorry!

My sister-in-law just told me she thinks [name]Fergus[/name] [name]Fox[/name] sounds fine - now I’m confused again! I’m getting a headache…

What do you think? Is this aliteration acceptable or not? Thanks! :slight_smile:

I think it’s OK

Hey i love your kids names, heres few that came to mind apologies if there repeats so here goes

[name]Lachlan[/name], [name]Maeve[/name], and [name]Greer[/name] and

[name]Adam[/name]
[name]Seamus[/name]*
[name]Eoin[/name]
[name]Brendan[/name]
[name]Glenn[/name]
[name]Boyd[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Archie[/name]*
[name]Douglas[/name]
[name]Love[/name] [name]Hamish[/name] btw
[name]Dempsey[/name]
[name]Darragh[/name]
[name]Kellen[/name]*
[name]Lennon[/name]
[name]Lorcan[/name]
[name]Donal[/name]
[name]Aidan[/name]
[name]Ciaran[/name]
[name]Kevin[/name]
[name]Sean[/name]*
[name]Tiernan[/name]
Tadgh*
[name]Oscar[/name]*

Also I dont think the whole FF names work, think it might be too much.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Fergus[/name], also [name]August[/name] springs to mind. And [name]Marcus[/name] [name]Fox[/name] is nice :slight_smile:
I think [name]Fergus[/name] [name]Fox[/name] is cool I like the aliteration.

Thank you! :slight_smile: Are you sure it doesn’t sound cartoon-ish?!

It does a little but I think thats why I like it so much :slight_smile: I adore the nickname [name]Gus[/name] it is in Hubby and I top 5.

I just googled [name]Fergus[/name] [name]Fox[/name]
The first ten were about a Scottish football mascot.

Oh no! [name]Just[/name] had a look. I just can’t think of anything else in the same vein that doesn’t repeat one of my other babies’ initials! Argh!!

[name]Amos[/name]
[name]Atticus[/name]
[name]Ambrose[/name]
[name]Arthur[/name]
[name]Broderick[/name]
[name]Bryce[/name]
[name]Cassius[/name]
[name]Caius[/name]
[name]Cairn[/name]
[name]Conway[/name]
[name]Dallas[/name]
[name]Denver[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Demos[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Elias[/name]
[name]Evander[/name]
[name]Fabian[/name]
[name]Fletcher[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Guy[/name]
[name]Harvey[/name]
[name]Idris[/name]
[name]Ignatius[/name] (iggy or nate)
[name]Julius[/name]
[name]Jericho[/name]/[name]Jethro[/name]
[name]Jay[/name]
[name]Kieran[/name]
[name]Lewis[/name]
[name]Lorcan[/name]
[name]Miles[/name]
[name]Ossian[/name]
[name]Orlan[/name]/[name]Orlando[/name]
[name]Phineas[/name]
[name]Rufus[/name]
[name]Rafferty[/name]
[name]Roan[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Silas[/name]
[name]Travis[/name]
[name]Tobias[/name]
[name]Teague[/name]
[name]Vance[/name]
[name]Zebediah[/name]

Have you considered [name]Seamus[/name]? Has the s ending you like (which is especially nice since it is a different ending from the other 3), doesn’t use F, L, M, or G, flows with the last name. Is it too common perhaps? [name]Lachlan[/name], [name]Maeve[/name], [name]Greer[/name] and [name]Seamus[/name] makes a handsomely named family imo.

ooh [name]Seamus[/name] is nice or [name]Sean[/name] I just wanted to add be back later.

Thank you for posting. We’ve decided we really want to go Scottish this time though, but I just wanted to thank you for posting, [name]Seamus[/name] was a great idea but sadly not quite right for us. Thanks!

[name]How[/name] you going? Any new names that have been on your mind?

Behindthename.com Scottish boys
[name]Alastair[/name]
[name]Archibald[/name]
Aulay
[name]Barclay[/name]
[name]Beathan[/name]
[name]Boyd[/name]
[name]Cailean[/name]
[name]Callum[/name]
[name]Colin[/name]
Connall
[name]Craig[/name]
[name]Duncan[/name]
[name]Eachann[/name]
[name]Eoin[/name]
[name]Euan[/name]
[name]Evander[/name] ([name]Love[/name] this name)
[name]Findlay[/name]
[name]Fraser[/name]
[name]Glenn[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Gregor[/name]
[name]Hamish[/name]
[name]Ivor[/name]
[name]Kennedy[/name]
[name]Lennon[/name]
[name]Logan[/name]
[name]Malcolm[/name]
[name]Neil[/name]
[name]Ruairi[/name]
[name]Sorley[/name]
[name]Tadhg[/name]
Tearlag

We’re having such a tough time! The only thing we love is [name]Fergus[/name] and we’re completely stuck on it! Oh dear.