Please help name Avory's sister

With less than 7 weeks until our due date, we are still struggling with a name for our baby girl. I’ve looked through name list after name list and nothing seems to fall into that love category. The closest thing to it for me is the name [name]Quinn[/name], however, I’m hesitant because our last name is also one syllable and none of the family names we’d like to use seem to sound good with [name]Quinn[/name]. My husband’s favorite at the moment is [name]Mckinley[/name], but to be honest, I’m kind of over Mc- names. Our DD is [name]Avory[/name] [name]Nicole[/name], so we of course want something that goes well with her name.

Possible family MNs we’d like to use: [name]Ann[/name], Rayann, [name]Mae[/name], [name]Jane[/name], [name]Marie[/name], [name]Vianne[/name]

You are all great at giving options of names I haven’t thought of, so I’d love to hear what you’d pick for [name]Avory[/name]'s sister. Thank you!!

Hmm, it seems that the common factor is the Kuh-and -in sounds.
So perhaps:
Kensie/[name]Kenzie[/name]
[name]Kenna[/name]
[name]Kendall[/name]

If you want just general unisex:
[name]Peyton[/name]
[name]Leighton[/name]
[name]Harley[/name]
[name]Sage[/name]
[name]Cameron[/name]/[name]Camryn[/name]/[name]Camrin[/name]
[name]Carmen[/name]

Have you thought of [name]Emory[/name]? Maybe that’s too similar to [name]Avery[/name] for you, but I think it sounds sweet! [name]Emory[/name] [name]Jane[/name] sounds nice to me.

A friend recently named her daughter [name]Kinley[/name], which I thought was a really cute twist on the more common [name]McKinley[/name].

[name]Quinn[/name] was the first thing I thought for a sister named [name]Avery[/name] :slight_smile: how about some of these…

[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Bailey[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]
[name]Fifer[/name]
[name]Hollis[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Whitley[/name]

[name]Noelle[/name] [name]Marie[/name]
[name]Susanna[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Cailin[/name] [name]Marie[/name]

[name]Avory[/name] is a tricky one. The spelling [name]Avery[/name] is still popular for boys, but it’s being used increasingly for girls, and to me, it carries distinctly feminine tones (like nameberry mentions, it combines the sounds of [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Ivory[/name]) So I think you can go for a girly name or a unisex name for your second. [name]Just[/name] nothing princessy. And no [name]McKinley[/name] :slight_smile:

I agree with you that [name]Quinn[/name] + a one-syllable surname will sound choppy, and the Mc- trend is way past its heyday.

I don’t read you as necessarily wanting something ‘unisex,’ just something modern that matches [name]Avory[/name] [name]Nicole[/name] well. [name]How[/name] about:

[name]Brielle[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Lana[/name]
[name]Adair[/name]
[name]Arielle[/name]
[name]Blair[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]
[name]Nyree[/name]

I know an [name]Avery[/name], and her little sister is [name]Zoey[/name]. Very cute girls!