Please help name baby #5, sister to Charlotte Mary

We are really struggling with a girl name for baby #5. I have posted before and appreciate all the suggestions. I feel like I need to start fresh. I thought I was really set on [name]Daphne[/name], and although I still love it, I am not sure how well it fits with my other dd’s name, which is [name]Charlotte[/name]. Is [name]Daphne[/name] feminine enough to pair with [name]Charlotte[/name]?

Here are some of the names I am considering:

[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Lucille[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]

My other children’s names:
[name]Andrew[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Emmett[/name] [name]Edward[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Mary[/name]

We have not even thought about middle names yet. We are open to suggestions for first and middle names.

Thank you

I love [name]Annabelle[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name]! I slightly prefer [name]Annabel[/name] to [name]Annabelle[/name], but both are stunning. :slight_smile: I love both with [name]Charlotte[/name], too. I definitely think [name]Daphne[/name] is feminine enough for a little sister to [name]Charlotte[/name]! I actually really love [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name] as sisters. :slight_smile:

I love [name]Margot[/name], too. :slight_smile: It seems to have popped up out of nowhere–I hadn’t heard anyone talk about it for months (if not years!), and then I met someone with a [name]Margot[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], and that’s kind of where I fell for it, and I’ve heard it mentioned on here by at least three other members–I thought it was relatively unheard of, but not quite anymore, haha. I still think it’s stunning, and I love the nn [name]Mari[/name] for it. Although if [name]Charlotte[/name]'s MN is [name]Mary[/name], I’m not sure about [name]Mari[/name] as a nn…

I think [name]Annabel[/name]/[name]Annabelle[/name] is my favorite, followed by [name]Daphne[/name]. Probably because I can imagine me using them more than I can imagine using [name]Margot[/name], but I think all three options would be great.

I actually really like [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Annabel[/name] or [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Daphne[/name] as a combo, too.

Good luck!

[name]LOVE[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] together - great sibling match. It also goes well with your boys. FWIW, I like [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Daphne[/name] together too. But [name]Annabelle[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] is a perfect match :slight_smile:

Thank you for your feedback…I appreciate it:-)

I have some reservations about [name]Annabelle[/name]:

It is three syllables, and all the other kids have two syllable names, does this limit me to a one syllable middle name? Our last name is 3 syllables.
It starts with the same letter as my first son, [name]Andrew[/name]
Does the nickname, “[name]Annie[/name]” sound too similar to [name]Andrew[/name]?

With that said, there will be a 12 year age difference between [name]Andrew[/name] and this baby. Are any of these things to be comcerned about regarding [name]Annabelle[/name]?

:slight_smile:

I think [name]Daphne[/name] is certainly feminine enough to pair with [name]Charlotte[/name]. I also really like the name [name]Lucille[/name]. Congratulations on your 5th baby!

I definitely think [name]Daphne[/name] is feminine enough to pair with [name]Charlotte[/name]. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]. [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name] could be a good compromise.

I agree with your reservations about using [name]Annabelle[/name] when you already have an [name]Andrew[/name]. They are a bit too similar for me. With that said, I love [name]Annabelle[/name] in the middle. [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name] is beautiful!

Thank you:-)

If I went with [name]Daphne[/name], I am inclined to go wtih a family middle name, which is what my other children have. Although, I really like [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name]:slight_smile:

Here are some family name options:

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]/[name]Isabella[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]

WIth that said, if I found a middle name I totally adored and was beautiful with [name]Daphne[/name], I would use it, even if it was not a family name. I would love to find a pretty 2-syllable middle name to pair with [name]Daphne[/name] since our last name is 3 syllables and I worry about a 3 syllable middle name with a 3 syllable last name over shadowing a 2 syllable first name.

Would love some suggestions for a middle name for [name]Daphne[/name]:slight_smile:

Thank you.

[name]Hi[/name] - I think [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] would be perfect with your other children’s names!

I am sort of leaning towards [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], just because [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] both have such rich literary history, I think they sort of “go” together (in my mind anyway)! Let us know what you decide - your children have beautiful names!!! :slight_smile:

Personally, I love [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]. [name]Just[/name] gorgeous. I also like [name]Lucille[/name] and [name]Margot[/name]. I’m a sucker for [name]Margaret[/name] and it’s diminutives.

I like [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Lucille[/name].

I think [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Lucille[/name] would be gorgeous with [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Mary[/name]. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much! I actually never even considered using [name]Lucille[/name] as a middle name…not sure why. However, I really do like it:-)

Is [name]Lucille[/name] a family name? If so, I do like [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Lucille[/name]. I also love [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] for you, however.

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] is lovely! :slight_smile: I’m incredibly biased, though, since both names are on my top 10. [name]Daphne[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name] is by far my favorite of your options so far!

[name]Daphne[/name] [name]Elizabella[/name] Wdyt?:rolleyes:

[name]Dahlia[/name] would be a nice fit I think!

Out of your list, Im in agreement with jimmysonbsw, I think [name]Annabelle[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] are a perfect match. And as eliza9 was saying [name]Elizabeth[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] are great together too and I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] as a first name would work well. As far as your reservations about [name]Annabelle[/name] and [name]Andrew[/name], IMHO, I don’t think they are too similar. Also, [name]Lucille[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] are a nice pair.

Thank you for the continued feedback. I really appreciate everyone’s thoughts. We are having a very hard time naming this baby!

No, [name]Lucille[/name] is not a family name for us.

[name]Elizabeth[/name] is a family name. It is my dh’s sister’s name and my sister’s middle name. It is also used as a middle name in older generations. My husband does not want to use it as a first name b/c it is his sister’s name.

I am just so afraid that that baby will not have a name for a few weeks…we have been down that road before with our second son, [name]Emmett[/name].

I have a thing for names with double letters…which is probably why I like both [name]Lucille[/name] and [name]Annabelle[/name] so much. [name]Imo[/name], they visually look nice with [name]Charlotte[/name].