Please help! One week left...

I feel like I am getting absolutely nowhere. I would highly appreciate any suggestions! This list is of names I have considered, but for various reasons ([name]Ophelia[/name] is not a good role model, no real connection to [name]India[/name]) they haven’t made the final cut. I like names that are more rare than not. For sure the middle name will be [name]Lark[/name] .

Here goes;

[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]India
Beatrice
[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Valo[/name]
[name]Cosima[/name]
[name]Nara[/name]
Oona
[name]Eulalie[/name]
[name]Aurelie[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]

I really need suggestions! Thank you so much for your help!

[name]How[/name] do you like the name [name]Willa[/name]. [name]Willa[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
I also like oona, iona, phoebe and cosima!

I like [name]Willa[/name]! Although I like it better as a nickname, but not for [name]Willow[/name]. [name]Wilhelmina[/name] is too much for me!

[name]Veda[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Cressida[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Regina[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Cassandra[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name] [name]Lark[/name] / [name]Georgina[/name] [name]Lark[/name] / [name]Georgiana[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Jemima[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Vesta[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Bettina[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Saskia[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Perdita[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Nerissa[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Freya[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Sabrina[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Rowena[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Zoe[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Petra[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Verity[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Octavia[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
Radha [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Briony[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Antonia[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Theodosia[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Susanna[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Araminta[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Eugenie[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Virginia[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Affery[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Minerva[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Damaris[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Corinna[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Edwina[/name] [name]Lark[/name]

added to my list:

[name]Verity[/name]

[name]Love[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] from your list.
[name]Love[/name] [name]Oona[/name] also, more Urish spellings of this are [name]Oonagh[/name] and Úna.
Perhaps since you like [name]Oona[/name], you may like [name]Orla[/name]/[name]Orlaith[/name].
also, since you like [name]Mabel[/name], maybe you’d like [name]Maeve[/name], or [name]Mae[/name] and a nn for [name]Mabel[/name]?

You have a great list!
Have you considered [name]Nala[/name]? This is so pretty and very rare, she was the lion kings mother in the movie the [name]Lion[/name] king.
[name]Ariela[/name] is another very rare name.

[name]Ophelia[/name] is really cute on a little girl, I know a little [name]Ophelia[/name] and she wears it very well.
I also love [name]India[/name], what a beautiful name.
Good luck!
[name]Jane[/name]

My favorites from my list that I’m starting to consider using:

[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Nara[/name]
[name]Orla[/name] (just added)
[name]Cosima[/name]

With [name]Mabel[/name], i have two concerns; one is that 176 girls were named [name]Mabel[/name] in 2010. Can anyone detect a potential for popularity? Or is it too offbeat? secondly, [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Lark[/name] is slightly slurry because of the -l ending and l- beginning. Is this a problem or does it not matter except on wedding announcements and such?

Would Nara get confused with Tara, Farrah, or is it different enough to stand out?

I like [name]Mabel[/name], [name]Nara[/name] and [name]Orla[/name], not keen on [name]Cosima[/name].

From your list i like [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Cosima[/name], [name]Verity[/name] and [name]Mabel[/name] with the mn [name]Lark[/name]

I think that [name]Orla[/name] [name]Lark[/name] doesn’t flow well so its my least favourite from your list

erose, I think that 176 girls is definitely not a reason for concern. The most popular name ([name]Isabella[/name]) had 22,700+ babies! I seriously don’t see [name]Mabel[/name] shooting to anything like top 500 popularity any time soon (the 500th most popular name had almost 600 babies – 4 times more babies as received [name]Mabel[/name]).

And frankly, it is nice for your daughter to have a name that people will automatically recognize, but most likely not no anyone with it. I’d be more concerned about naming my child a name that only ONE other person had – imagine how awful if that other person became famous, or infamous for something. Your entire personality would be usurped!

I actually sort of like the blurring of the L sounds in [name]Mabel[/name] [name]Lark[/name] – although I do hear “Maple Bark” lol.

[name]Love[/name] the mn [name]Lark[/name], and many of your first names. My favorites from your list are

[name]Cosima[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Eulalie[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Oona[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Aurelie[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name] [name]Lark[/name]

Names I dislike: [name]India[/name], [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Nara[/name].

moxielove, your response is reassuring! :slight_smile:

Right now I’m weighing the old lady factor of [name]Mabel[/name] against the sleek [name]Nara[/name], against the weighty [name]Cosima[/name].

I like rhythm of [name]India[/name], and its exoticness, can anyone suggest alternatives that are NOT place names?

[name]India[/name] [name]Lark[/name] is a lovely combo, maybe a three name combo [name]India[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Lark[/name]?

And like suggestion of [name]Verity[/name] [name]Lark[/name]

[name]Audra[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Audrey[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
Nami [name]Lark[/name] (means wave like tsunami)
[name]Delia[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Xanthe[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Bethany[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Cleo[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Eugenia[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Calypso[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Juno[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Jana[/name] [name]Lark[/name] (yah nah)
[name]Cassiopeia[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Calista[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Cassandra[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Alessandra[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Aurora[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Mildred[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Arianne[/name]/a [name]Lark[/name]

rollo

Here are names I’m on the fence about, could I get opinions?

[name]Cosima[/name]; pretty, unusual, is it too weighty? (i think upper crusty British when i hear it)
[name]Nara[/name]; boring? too close to [name]Tara[/name]?
[name]Phoebe[/name]; i like it, but is it becoming too popular? (I’m an [name]Emily[/name], and I want to avoid the popular names)
[name]Beatrice[/name]; same concern as [name]Phoebe[/name]

rollo, thanks for the suggestions! i’ll keep them in mind.

[name]Cosima[/name] is a little weighty – that’s a good description. Alternatives:

[name]Ciel[/name] (See-elle) meaning sky. This has the sleek factor that [name]Nara[/name] has.
[name]Desdemona[/name] nn [name]Mona[/name] I think [name]Desdemona[/name] [name]Lark[/name] is a very fun name.

You may have fun looking at this list:
https://nameberry.com/blog/celestial-names-some-heavenly-baby-name-choices

I think [name]Phoebe[/name] runs a much higher risk of getting trendy popular than [name]Beatrice[/name] does. I think that is a name that is (and will remain) more popular on this website than in the general public (sort of like [name]Felix[/name]).

I think [name]Nara[/name] could be considered sleek or boring depending on your mood. I prefer the original suggestion of [name]Nala[/name]. This has all the sleekness and simple elegance without veering into Blah territory.

And for what it’s worth, [name]Clara[/name] [name]King[/name] is lovely, esp. if you pronounce the first syllable to rhyme with “car” and not “care”.

Have to suggest a personal favorite of mine: [name]Claudia[/name]

REVISED LIST;

(I’ve decided to not think about popularity, and just go with the names that I could really see myself using)

[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]India[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]

I’m curious to see which has more favor, [name]Hazel[/name] or [name]Mabel[/name]. Thoughts on the other names?

[name]Hazel[/name] is cuter than [name]Mabel[/name]. Maybe [name]Haven[/name] is a good alternative?

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Nara[/name]! About 12 years ago, I was teaching at a daycare and had a little girl in my class named [name]Nara[/name]. She had a sister named [name]Leila[/name], which at the time wasn’t such a popular name. Anyway, I loved [name]Nara[/name]–she was an adorable little 2 year old chatter box with huge brown eyes and dimples–and I love the name.

From you list, I also love [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Cosima[/name].

Ugh. Name burn out happening here.

I’ve thought about using Lark as a first name…only problem is my last name starts with a K, and is one syllable. I also cannot think of middle names to go with it.

[name]Beatrice[/name] is beautiful but a bit traditional.

[name]Mabel[/name] is cool but (ridiculously) I worry about dating a guy who’ll be like “hey, that’s my grandma’s name…”

I [name]LOVE[/name] the meanings of [name]Nara[/name], but I think it’s a bit too simple.

[name]India[/name] and [name]Ophelia[/name] are pretty, but the character in [name]Hamlet[/name] is no role model.

And those were my top names. I was looking for elegant, unusual, yet recognizable. Help please?