Please Help...Twin Boys

Here is what we have so far…

[name]Andreas[/name] [name]Mathis[/name]
[name]Nikolai[/name]/Nicolae [name]Leone[/name]
[name]Vittorio[/name] Robel
[name]Lucian[/name] (not sure of a middle name yet)

What do you think works best together and do you have ant other suggestions that would be complimentary… Keep in mind that the last name is Fink (I know… it took me years to finally come to accept and love it :slight_smile: so… the first and middle names need some length and we try to keep them somewhat beautiful even in a masculine sort of way for our boys…

Our daughters are [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Aisling[/name] Fink and [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] Birtukan Fink (her given Ethiopian name)
Our son is [name]Etienne[/name] Verlaine Fink

Any help you could offer would be so appreciated!!!

My vote goes to [name]Andreas[/name] and [name]Nikolai[/name]! So handsome, and they flow with your other childrens’ (gorgeous!!) names.

I love your kids names! We have very similar styles in boys names, [name]Andreas[/name] is our pick for our first son. I rarely see it mentioned, so it is nice to see it on someones list. It is a fabulous name.

[name]Andreas[/name] [name]Mathis[/name]- I love both of these names. They are both in my top 5 actually. I would however seperate them since both names end in an -s. [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Leone[/name] would be a lovely combo. [name]Lucian[/name] [name]Mathis[/name] would be my pick with [name]Andreas[/name].
[name]Nikolai[/name]/Nicolae [name]Leone[/name]- I love [name]Nikolai[/name]. It would be a contender for us too but I have a nephew who goes by [name]Nic[/name]. [name]Andreas[/name] and [name]Nikolai[/name] are another fabulour pair.
[name]Vittorio[/name] Robel- Gorgeous!
[name]Lucian[/name] (not sure of a middle name yet)- I love this name, its so handsome.

I love all the names on your list actually. [name]Andreas[/name] is obviously my favorite. It would go lovely with [name]Nikolai[/name], [name]Vittorio[/name] or [name]Lucian[/name], but I think [name]Lucian[/name] is probably my favorite. [name]Raphael[/name] also comes to mind for you.

[name]May[/name] i suggest you use [name]Mathis[/name] and [name]Leon[/name] as first names? [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Etienne[/name], [name]Mathis[/name] & [name]Leon[/name] sound STUNNING together!

To me, [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Etienne[/name] are the epitome of classic french names, and by adding the italian [name]Andreas[/name]/[name]Nikolai[/name]/[name]VIttorio[/name] it just doesnt seem right. They could definitely be used in the middle spot though. [name]Lucien[/name] i could also see working as a first name, but [name]Mathis[/name] and [name]Leon[/name] just seem to fit seemlessly with your others!

how about:
[name]Mathis[/name] [name]Nikolai[/name] & [name]Leon[/name] [name]Vittorio[/name]
[name]Mathis[/name] [name]Ruben[/name] & [name]Leon[/name] Robel
[name]Mathis[/name] [name]Lucien[/name] & [name]Leon[/name] Robel

anyways, its something to think about!

I [name]LOVE[/name] your outside perspectives!!! Thank-you so much!

I love [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Leone[/name] - it was actually what we started with for a combo and I completely forgot about it!

I also love [name]Lucian[/name] [name]Mathis[/name]

My only concern with using it is that we plan to adopt again and I would love to name a baby girl [name]Luella[/name] [name]Seraphine[/name] - I don’t like any of the names to had the same first letter…

I

I am becoming quite fond of vittorio robel too along with [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Leone[/name]…

I like [name]Mathis[/name] and [name]Leone[/name] as first names but I can’t come up with hip nicknames…

Again I love both of your thoughts!!!

[name]Andreas[/name] and [name]Vittorio[/name] go perfectly together. What nicknames were you planning on using? I would suggest [name]Ace[/name] and [name]Vito[/name]. If you are wanting to someday use [name]Luella[/name] then I wouldnt use [name]Lucian[/name] not. [name]Leone[/name] with the nn [name]Leo[/name] would also pair well with [name]Andreas[/name].

We were thinking of using ‘Dre’ for [name]Andreas[/name] and ‘[name]Vito[/name]’ for [name]Vittorio[/name]. [name]Nikolai[/name] [name]Mathis[/name] is still a big contender so if we choose to use this name the nickname would be ‘[name]Niko[/name].’ Our daughter [name]Charlotte[/name] was a [name]Nola[/name] for the year leading up to us receiving our referral for her so anything can happen but as it stands now I’m leaning towards [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Leone[/name] and [name]Vittorio[/name] Robel…

Are you expecting or do you have kids? I’d love to hear some of your name ideas too… it seems like our taste in names is pretty similar :slight_smile:

j

No we do not have any kids and we are not currently expecting. I’m in my early twenties and I would like to finish up graduate school before we have children. I’m just name obsessed and always have been. [name]Andreas[/name] actually came from my SO’s side of the family. His father’s mn is [name]Andreas[/name] (He’s from Germany btw, we both have [name]German[/name] heritage) and it was really important to him to name his son after his father. I love the name so I agreed we would use it. We have [name]Andreas[/name] [name]Peter[/name] picked out, [name]Peter[/name] is for my side of the family. Luckily he has good taste so we tend to agree are most names (but not all). We both love [name]German[/name] boys names and for girls we tend to lean toward romantic/womanly/strong names(I guess that our style?).

You said you were adopting the twins? If you dont mind me asking, are all of your children adopted from Ethiopia? I would love to adopt some day, but I know absolutely nothing about the process. Is it really hard to adopt overseas?

Top boys:
[name]Andreas[/name] [name]Peter[/name] “[name]Ace[/name]”
[name]Julian[/name] [name]Edgar[/name] “[name]Jed[/name]”
[name]Mattias[/name]/[name]Mathis[/name] “[name]Mac[/name]”- ln starts with a C so thats where I got “[name]Mac[/name]”. I’m considers using an A mn so that his initials would actually be [name]MAC[/name]. Grandpa is “[name]Mick[/name]” so I thought [name]Mac/name would be cute.
[name]Theo[/name]/[name]Theodor[/name]- I love the nn [name]Theo[/name], possibly more then I do [name]Theodor[/name] ([name]German[/name] spelling).
[name]Sebastian[/name]- This is the one name we dont agree on, but I refuse to let it go.
[name]Soren[/name] “[name]Sonny[/name]”
[name]Edmund[/name] “[name]Teddy[/name]”
[name]Conrad[/name]

Top boys:
[name]Elena[/name]/[name]Elaina[/name]
[name]Isabel[/name] “[name]Isa[/name]”
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Lilia[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]- This one is falling out of favor with me more and more lately.

I completely understand… I have always been name obsessed even before we began thinking about kids… Now I feel that there are so many good names out there that I may never want to stop adding to the family :slight_smile:

We have two biological children ([name]Sophia[/name] and [name]Etienne[/name]) and after two emergency c-sections I knew that I never wanted to be pregnant again but longed for more children… My husband always wanted to adopt so we began researching… We were led to Ethiopia and brought Miss [name]Charlotte[/name] home. It was literally one of the hardest most fulfilling experiences in my life and it is truly amazing how despite her not being from my body per se, she is truly a Fink on all accounts. I am so in love with this little girl - she and [name]Etienne[/name] are almost identical in personality too which is so amazing!

After being in ET we knew we would adopt again, never thought we’d be led to twins but we were and now we’re waiting for our referral for them, hoping to return to bring them home in the spring. Int’l adopting is not for the weak of heart but the blessings that you are able to hold in your arms in the end and the experiences that you live first hand will change you forever. As you can probably tell… I am a huge advocate for adoption. I write about our journey at www.beneaththeacaciatree.com if you’d ever want to check it out and if you have any more questions I’d love to try to answer them (my email is j_gumieny@yahoo.com).

BTW I [name]LOVE[/name] your names… We were considering [name]Rosalie[/name] if we were referred a girl and [name]Juliette[/name] was on our list too!!!

Thanks for all of your help too… It really helped me to put the names into perspective!

j

Have you ever considered [name]Celia[/name] instead of [name]Cecilia[/name]? I just heard it in the new [name]Nanny[/name] [name]McPhee[/name] Returns movie and instantly loved it!
j

I sometimes think about having a big family, but I know I wont want to carry all of them. Two would probably be our limit as far as biological children go. I would be okay with all adopted children though, I honestly dont have much desire to be pregnant (although that might change as I get older). That is so awesome that [name]Charlotte[/name] fits so perfectly into your family, she was truly meant to be yours. I will definitely take a look at your website and hold onto your email address incase we do ever decide to adopt. Thank you so much!

[name]Cecilia[/name] was on our list years ago. We both like it but maybe its the biologist in me that gets irked by the ‘cilia’ sound. I’m not sure what it is, I’m super picky though when it comes to names. [name]Cecily[/name] was our top pick for a while but now I think it sounds lispy, the double S sound bothers me all the sudden.

Im curious. [name]How[/name] is your sons name pronounced? I think I’m saying it right, but I’m not sure. I have never seen the name before so I’m intrigued!

I love you kids names I think i would pick [name]Vittorio[/name] and [name]Nikolai[/name].

I never imagined I’d have any kids so as we approach 5 and then consider more I’m a bit in shock but can’t imagine life any other way! Kids will come when they should and when they do you are going to have such fun naming them! Please do keep my email for the day if and when you decide you may be interested in adopting… I love talking about it and sharing stories and experiences!

[name]Etienne[/name] is French - playing off of my heritage and it is pronounced like Ey -tea -n / the Ey sounds like the ‘e’ at the end of cafe. It’s surprising how many are able to pronounce it and then there are a lot who have trouble… His nickname is ‘T’ We loved how beautiful it sounds especially with his middle name Verlaine.

I am still torn between [name]Nikolai[/name], [name]Andreas[/name] and [name]Vittorio[/name]… I added a poll on my blog to chart the masses take on it all but I’m sure it will remain a mystery until we are able to see their little faces :slight_smile:

I was pronouncing [name]Etienne[/name] right. It is a really handsome name. You can also make a poll on behindthename.com. They tend to get a lot of votes. [name]Will[/name] they be sending you pictures of the boys prior to you making the trip out there?

Thanks! I’ll have to check out that polling site too… Yes… we will be receiving pictures of the boys as soon as we receive our referral - I can’t post them anywhere until we pass court but as soon as we pass I’ll make sure to put them up on the blog!!!

j