Please help us choose a name!

We are expecting our first in August & we’re having a baby girl :slight_smile: These are the names we like so far. I want honest opinions and any thoughts/suggestions you have! Thanks in advance

Grace Augusta
River Augusta
River Lynn Augusta
Marleigh Augusta

Last name is one syllable starting with an H.

Baby name
  • Grace Augusta
  • River Augusta
  • River Lynn Augusta
  • Marleigh Augusta

0 voters

[name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] is beautiful

1 Like

these are all so lovely! i’m partial to [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f], I think it flows beautifully, and the unisex nature of [name_u]River[/name_u] is perfectly offset by feminine [name_f]Augusta[/name_f].

1 Like

Both [name_u]River[/name_u] and [name_f]Grace[/name_f] feel short even though [name_u]River[/name_u] is 2 syllables… I like [name_f]Marleigh[/name_f] best with a one syllable last name.

1 Like

Is there a specific reason for wanting [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]? I actually think just [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] sounds the best.

1 Like

[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] would flow best with a one-syllable surname, i think :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I love [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]!
If you did want to add in [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] I would do [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] instead of [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f].
If you’re considering honouring someone named [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] but you like nature names, you might like [name_u]Linden[/name_u] - [name_u]Linden[/name_u] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]?

3 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Marleigh[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f]. [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] sounds like a place name to me, and while it’s refreshing to see [name_f]Grace[/name_f] as a first name, it doesn’t pair well with the middle name [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] in my opinion. [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] is quite bland compared to and has a completely different vibe than your other names. If it’s an honour name, you might consider tweaking it a bit as someone else suggested. I could see [name_f]Linnea[/name_f] or [name_f]Lynlee[/name_f].

1 Like

It’s my grandmothers middle name & means a lot to me. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Lynn is part of the name that I wouldn’t mind removing that’s for sure! At first I found River Augusta sounded short, so I tossed it in there to see if it flowed better. Thanks for your feedback & suggestions! :blush:

[name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_f]Augusta[/name_f] feels timeless and elegant so it gets my vote !

1 Like

[name_f]Marleigh[/name_f] seems a bit dated. How about [name_f]Macy[/name_f], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_f]Molly[/name_f]?
I love [name_u]River[/name_u], but for a boy. I can’t see it on a girl at all. I know a few boys and lots of Labradors named [name_u]River[/name_u].
[name_f]Grace[/name_f] is lovely. Simple yet timeless.

2 Likes