Please help us narrow down names for Turbo please...

Please let me know what you think of the following names for a boy, considering the following criteria: we don’t want a blatantly unisex name (nowadays almost ANY name is a candidate for becoming unisex), we want something that is not currently popular so that it won’t scream “2012-2013” like [name]Jennifer[/name] screams “1972-1974”–in other words, something timeless, and we don’t want the kid to be teased if there’s the obvious potential for that that we’ve missed:

[name]Archer[/name]
[name]Pierce[/name]
[name]Pierson[/name]
[name]Dean[/name]
[name]Slate[/name]
[name]Saxon[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] (too popular and/or too unisex?)
[name]Keane[/name]
[name]Seneca[/name]
[name]Calvin[/name]
[name]Coltrane[/name], nn [name]Colt[/name]
[name]Wilder[/name]
[name]Hawthorne[/name], nn [name]Hawk[/name]
[name]Flynn[/name] (too close to the more popular [name]Finn[/name]?)
[name]Barrett[/name], nn [name]Bear[/name]
[name]Bowie[/name]
[name]Shaw[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name], nn [name]Beck[/name]

Thanks so much for your help!

Oops, forgot a name on our list:
[name]Kelton[/name]

You have some great names on your list! My favorites are [name]Wilder[/name] and [name]Beckett[/name]. I do think you should avoid [name]Sawyer[/name] if you really don’t want a unisex name. I have met more girl Sawyers than boys. Good luck!

For something truly timeless, [name]Pierce[/name] and [name]Calvin[/name] are your best choices. They’ve been used by a couple of centuries and neither has been particularly popular in any time period. All of the other sound very modern and 21st century - but to be faur he only one of your names I think might sound dated is future is [name]Sawyer[/name]. and even so, nowhere near [name]Jennifer[/name] levels.

My personal favourites are [name]Archer[/name], [name]Flynn[/name], [name]Calvin[/name], [name]Hawthorne[/name] and [name]Beckett[/name]. I love your style.

I love [name]Flynn[/name]!! I also like [name]Archer[/name] and [name]Dean[/name].

[name]Archer[/name] - This seems to be pretty popular on here and because it is an occupation name there is a chance it could be used on girls. I think it’s handsome and the more I see it, the more I like it but I still prefer [name]Asher[/name].
[name]Pierce[/name]/[name]Pierson[/name] - [name]Pierce[/name] is handsome, [name]Pierson[/name] is trendy to me because of all the -son names.
[name]Dean[/name] - Very dated to me.
[name]Slate[/name] - [name]Slate[/name] is a word to me. It is also used as a term to speak badly about somebody, e.g. He slated you.
[name]Saxon[/name] - Reminds me of Saxophone, lol. I think it’s trendy and very try hard.
[name]Sawyer[/name] (too popular and/or too unisex?) - There is a possibility you might bump into another [name]Sawyer[/name] or two, boy or girl so if you don’t want this to happen I’d avoid the name. I think it’s very handsome though and not at all feminine.
[name]Keane[/name] - I really like this! I know of one baby named [name]Keane[/name] but it isn’t at all popular and you’d be unlikely to find another one.
[name]Seneca[/name] - I find this too odd and I’m not entirely sure how to say it.
[name]Calvin[/name] - [name]Lovely[/name]. Another one that’s not that popular but is widely recognised.
[name]Coltrane[/name], nn [name]Colt[/name] - [name]Love[/name] the nicknme [name]Colt[/name] but [name]Coltrane[/name] doesn’t have a nice sound to it.
[name]Wilder[/name] - I just think of [name]Van[/name] [name]Wilder[/name] (the film), I wouldn’t want people to link the two together.
[name]Hawthorne[/name], nn [name]Hawk[/name] - Like this!
[name]Flynn[/name] (too close to the more popular [name]Finn[/name]?) - [name]Lovely[/name] but very popular as similar names [name]Finn[/name], [name]Finlay[/name] (also apparently being used on girls in the US unfortunately).
[name]Barrett[/name], nn [name]Bear[/name] - Gorgeous!
[name]Bowie[/name] - No, no, no.
[name]Shaw[/name] - [name]Just[/name] a last name to me, can’t see the appeal as first name at all.
[name]Beckett[/name], nn [name]Beck[/name] - Like this too.

Favourites; [name]Beckett[/name], [name]Barrett[/name], [name]Calvin[/name], [name]Keane[/name], [name]Sawyer[/name], [name]Pierce[/name] and [name]Archer[/name].

If “timeless” is the quality you’re looking for, I would choose…

1 [name]Calvin[/name]
2 [name]Pierce[/name]
3 [name]Dean[/name]