Please help us with our all over the place girls' name list!

It seems like our list is always growing, shrinking and changing… But I’d love to have your thoughts on the names we are currently considering, and some help with a few pronunciations. We’re not yet pregnant, so we still have plenty of time - but it’s soooo much fun to plan ahead! :slight_smile: Please correct any names I’m not pronouncing correctly… Thanks! :slight_smile:

• [name]Aria[/name] (ARE-ee-uh, my newest favorite! Right now we both love it! We’ll see if it sticks around. :))
  • [name]Alina[/name] (uh-[name]LEE[/name]-nuh)
  • [name]Aurelia[/name] (so pretty, but I think I prefer the simpler [name]Aria[/name]???)
  • [name]Corinna[/name] (cor-INN-uh)
  • [name]Coralie[/name] (long time fav of mine, but hubby prefers some of the others)
  • Elowen ([name]EL[/name]-oh-wen)
  • [name]Evelyn[/name] (hubby really likes this one)
  • [name]Eleni[/name] (we would say uh-[name]LAY[/name]-nee/ee-lay-nee, too many pron. issues?)
  • [name]Lila[/name] (LIE-lah, with a long I sound, hubby loves this!)
  • [name]Leilani[/name] (totally guessing @ pron. lay-lah-nee???)
  • [name]Laurel[/name] (hubs says lore-uhl, I say larr-uhl??? Hubs prefers [name]Lauren[/name], but is ok with this :/)
  • [name]Vivienne[/name] (we say viv-ee-ENN, is this correct?) We probably wouldn’t use this for a fist daughter, because we want to use the name [name]Diane[/name] as a middle, and I think it’s too matchy. I guess it could possibly work if we used [name]Diana[/name] as the middle instead? WDYT?

Please tell us what you think! If you have any suggestions for sib-sets, that would be great too! :slight_smile: I know these names are kind of all over the place as far as style, so whatever name we use first would kind of weed out a lot of them for future daughters. :frowning: Right now [name]Aria[/name] is at the top of my list, so if you could tell me which names you think would go with that, it would be fantastic!
Thanks in advance!
Can’t wait to hear from you!!! :slight_smile:

I disagree with your thought that this list is “all over the place,” because to me all of these names are soft, feminine, vowel-heavy, and could make lovely sisters! I’ll start will comments on individual names:

• [name]Aria[/name] – This is lovely!
  • [name]Alina[/name] – Very pretty.
  • [name]Aurelia[/name] – I think you could use [name]Aria[/name] as a nn for [name]Aurelia[/name] if you wanted to use both!
  • [name]Corinna[/name] – I have biases against this name from [name]Corrina[/name]'s I have met in the past, but it is a very pretty name in and of itself.
  • [name]Coralie[/name] – one of my current favorites! It’s so quirky and sweet! [name]Cora[/name] is a great nn, too.
  • Elowen – meh, I am not crazy about this one. It sounds sort of made-up and fussy to me.
  • [name]Evelyn[/name] – Nice, soft, but seems quite old in comparison to some of the fresher, hipper sounding names on your list.
  • [name]Eleni[/name] --I would prn, this uh-[name]LAY[/name]-nee. This isn’t as elegant as some of your other choices.
  • [name]Lila[/name] – Hurray! I love this name! It’s much cleaner to me than [name]Lily[/name].
  • [name]Leilani[/name] – pron. lay-lah-nee as far as I know. This name is a bit fussy for me, like Elowen is.
  • [name]Laurel[/name] – I agree with hubs’ prn. here: lore-uhl. It’s more modern than [name]Lauren[/name], and has a vintage feel.
  • [name]Vivienne[/name] – I think your prn. of viv-ee-ENN is correct. [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Diana[/name] could work very well – is sounds so regal!

Ok, [name]Sib[/name]-[name]Set[/name] #1:
[name]Aria[/name] [name]Corinna[/name] or [name]Aria[/name] [name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Diana[/name]
…[name]Aurelia[/name] nn [name]Aria[/name] could work with this set, too: [name]Aurelia[/name] [name]Laurel[/name]!

[name]Sib[/name]-[name]Set[/name] #2:
[name]Lila[/name] Elowen
[name]Aria[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]

[name]Aria[/name] - Absolutely love it!
[name]Alina[/name] - Not a fan, but it’s not ugly.
[name]Aurelia[/name] - Like it, but definitely prefer [name]Aria[/name].
[name]Corinna[/name] - Cute!
[name]Coralie[/name] - Nice, but I prefer [name]Coraline[/name].
Elowen - Again, absolutely love it!
[name]Evelyn[/name] - Nice.
[name]Eleni[/name] - I might be totally off here, but I’d pronounce this as el-en-e. I like it either way though.
[name]Lila[/name] - [name]Don[/name]'t really like it. I love [name]Layla[/name] though!
[name]Leilani[/name] - Pronounced lay-la-nee. [name]Don[/name]'t really like it.
[name]Laurel[/name] - I say lore-uhl as well. Like it, but I prefer [name]Lauren[/name].
[name]Vivienne[/name] - Never really liked this, sorry.

My favorites from your list are [name]Aria[/name], Elowen, and [name]Eleni[/name].

These are my favorites from your list:

[name]Aria[/name] (I can see [name]Aria[/name] with [name]Corinna[/name] or [name]Vivienne[/name].)
[name]Alina[/name]
[name]Corinna[/name]
[name]Lila[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name] (MY [name]FAVORITE[/name]!)

Sibsets:
I like the pp’s suggestion of [name]Aria[/name] [name]Corinna[/name] and [name]Vivienne[/name] [name]Diana[/name].

Thank you all so much for your sweet comments, thoughts on our list, and sib-set suggestions! You all have been so very helpful!!! :slight_smile:
I’m so happy to see that you all like [name]Aria[/name] and [name]Vivienne[/name] together. I love them both, but was kind of afraid that they were too different (as far as style) for sisters. I [name]LOVE[/name] these sib-set suggestions:
*[name]Aria[/name], [name]Coralie[/name] & [name]Vivienne[/name]
*[name]Aria[/name] & [name]Lila[/name] (I know my husband would love this one!)
*[name]Aria[/name] [name]Corinna[/name] & [name]Vivienne[/name]

You all hit the nail on the head with these suggestions! I think out of our whole list, these are probably the ones we would most likely use - but it’s so nice to hear some positive comments about these names, both individually and as names for sisters!

Thanks also for the first name/middle name suggestions from the list. I don’t think I made this clear, but we plan to use family names for middles, so this is just a list of potential first names.

Thanks again!!! :slight_smile: I would love to hear from anyone else who cares to share thoughts on this list!

• [name]Aria[/name] – [name]LOVE[/name]!! I think the nn [name]Ari[/name] is so sweet, too.
  • [name]Alina[/name] (uh-[name]LEE[/name]-nuh) – ok, but I almost prefer the simple [name]Lina[/name]/[name]Lena[/name]
  • [name]Aurelia[/name] (so pretty, but I think I prefer the simpler [name]Aria[/name]???) – very pretty, but for some reason when I see it on paper I think of female anatomy (areola) :oops: Needless to say, I love [name]Aria[/name] so much more!
  • [name]Corinna[/name] (cor-INN-uh) – love it! I also love [name]Corinne[/name]
  • [name]Coralie[/name] (long time fav of mine, but hubby prefers some of the others) – [name]LOVE[/name]
  • Elowen ([name]EL[/name]-oh-wen) – really like, but I am quite tired of all the “[name]El[/name]-” names that are so popular lately
  • [name]Evelyn[/name] – like
  • [name]Eleni[/name] – very pretty, but again another “[name]El[/name]-” name
  • [name]Lila[/name]-- love it, but getting quite popular
  • [name]Leilani[/name] – [name]LOVE[/name]!!
  • [name]Laurel[/name] – eh, I like it but it doesn’t wow me like the others on your list
  • [name]Vivienne[/name] – very pretty, although I have never been a big fan

Norskelove,
Thank you so much for all your very kind comments on my list! So nice to hear favorable opinions of the names we’re considering! :slight_smile:

Anyone else care to tell me what you think of our list?

OK, being completely honest here.

[name]Aria[/name] - as an opera singer myself I have to admit I find it very strange to think of the name aria on a person…I guess I’m just not big on musical terms as names. I also see the future teasing with [name]Aria[/name] sound lots like “Are ya?” I’m probably over thinking here.
[name]Alina[/name] - not my fav of the bunch
[name]Aurelia[/name] - really like, also like aurelie
[name]Corinna[/name] - love…also love [name]Corinne[/name]
[name]Coralie[/name] - love this too
Elowen - I find it a bit strange to be honest. It seems like a combo of [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Owen[/name].
[name]Evelyn[/name] - ok
[name]Eleni[/name] - not sure about this…I think pronounciation would be confusing
[name]Lila[/name] - cute
[name]Leilani[/name] - cute, not sure of origin but sounds like it could be from hawaii
[name]Laurel[/name] - i’d pronounce it like you. it’s pretty…I like this
[name]Vivienne[/name] - spunky, I picture a firey little one