Please help! (very short list, running out of ideas)

UPDATE! See most recent post!

Here’s my current girl list;

[name]Arabella[/name]
[name]Araminta[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Delphina[/name]

(For middles, I’m fond of various combinations of [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Wren[/name], [name]Valentine[/name], Hro and [name]Jane[/name])

ETA; Outr of curiousity, which name would you actually give your daughter?

I like these names, but I’m not madly in love with any. I favor Telegraph-y type names, and if I could I’d name my sons [name]Peregrine[/name], [name]Lysander[/name] and [name]Percival[/name]. I’m not quite sure what would work, in terms of girl names. But I’m mostly concerned with spicing up my list a little. I believe all of the above would work perfectly well on a girl and on a woman, on a free-spirited artist and a more conservative lawyer.

Thank you so, so much!

[name]Love[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]!!! I think [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] would be very cute!!! :slight_smile: I like [name]Arabella[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name] as well. [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Wren[/name] & [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] maybe? I am not a fan of [name]Araminta[/name] or [name]Delphina[/name] sorry :frowning:

Thanks for your input! [name]Do[/name] you think a name as cute as [name]Clementine[/name] could be worn on a grown woman? ([name]Kate[/name] [name]Winslet[/name] wore it well in [name]Eternal[/name] [name]Sunshine[/name], come to think of it).

Any ideas as to names that are similar, in their Telegraphy way? :slight_smile:

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] and I think it would be absolutely adorable on a toddler and could also be worn well by a grown woman!
Have you thought about [name]Evangeline[/name] or [name]Avianna[/name]?
Good luck!

I love most of the names on your list. The only one I don’t love is [name]Arabella[/name] since its becoming quite popular.
[name]Araminta[/name] - Very pretty, elegant and underused
[name]Phoebe[/name] - [name]Love[/name] it, very quirky and fun
[name]Clementine[/name] - This is a first name on my list, and can definitely be worn at any age. My combo is [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Lucille[/name].
[name]Delphina[/name] - Also very pretty and I love the nn [name]Delphi[/name]

Here are some suggestions you might like.

[name]Ophelia[/name]
[name]Guinevere[/name]
[name]Primrose[/name]
[name]Maude[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Wilhelmina[/name]
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Henrietta[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Astrid[/name]
[name]Amaryllis[/name]
Belphoebe
[name]Cordelia[/name]
Cathelia
[name]Camelia[/name]
[name]Dorothea[/name]
[name]Florence[/name]
[name]Hermione[/name]
[name]Ingrid[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Leocadia[/name]
[name]Octavia[/name]
[name]Pilar[/name]
[name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Coraline[/name]
Pomeline
[name]Blythe[/name]
[name]Ismene[/name]
[name]Anastasia[/name]
[name]Marcella[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Leontine[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name]
[name]Philomena[/name]
[name]Magnolia[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Millicent[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] this helps :slight_smile:

[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Gwendolen[/name]
[name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Rosalind[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Odette[/name]
[name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Vanessa[/name]
[name]Victoire[/name]

I love peoples’ suggestions of [name]Daphne[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Guinevere[/name] (this one intrigues me…is the negative association too strong, as a cheating woman?), [name]Blythe[/name], [name]Felicity[/name] and [name]Juniper[/name].

I’m sooo stuck! I tend to go for feminine but not frilly…which is [name]Phoebe[/name], [name]Clementine[/name], and [name]Delphine[/name], to me. But I love the lush yet elegant feel of [name]Araminta[/name]. They all have history, and are fairly underused, even [name]Phoebe[/name].

I like [name]Delphina[/name] best! It’s beautiful and I think it will age the best out of all and I think [name]Arabella[/name] and [name]Clementine[/name] are both on their way up and will be associated w this specific time/generation. [name]Delphine[/name] feels more classic.

I haven’t had the courage to exactly cross out any yet…although there are some I favor more than others!

What sort of girl would you say an [name]Araminta[/name] or a [name]Clementine[/name] is? Is [name]Phoebe[/name] sporty, or flirty? Is [name]Arabella[/name] quirky, or very feminine? :slight_smile:

[name]Araminta[/name] - brings up the image of the only one I have ever known, so to me it is a very trashy name, personally I just cannot stand it

[name]Clementine[/name] - I picture a girl who is very sweet and sensitive, everyone loves her. I also picture her to be very graceful and dainty, very soft spoken and gentle

[name]Phoebe[/name] - I picture a flirty “boy crazy” type. The girl that always hangs out with the boys and does not fit in as well with girls

[name]Arabella[/name] - I picture a girl who is very feminine! I see a ballerina!

I like [name]Romola[/name] for you. She’s more down to earth which fits with your boys names. I picture [name]Romola[/name] in the woods with [name]Lysander[/name] and [name]Percival[/name], but all the other girls on your list I only see in Ballrooms in the city, and I don’t personally care for such a distinct difference between the boys and the girls in a sibset. And I have to admit that of all the Telegraph-y names, the ones on your list are repeat offenders on my ‘I just don’t see the charm’ list. [name]Delphina[/name] is [name]Lovely[/name], my favourite, but I see her so seldom so it’s not surprising… [name]Araminta[/name], [name]Arabella[/name] and [name]Clementine[/name] are all extremely popular in their ‘crowd’, so this makes me less charmed by them…

I mentioned [name]Romola[/name], but I also like Alastríona, [name]Andromeda[/name], Annevieve, Briseis, Calendula, Chrysanthe, Clairmonde, [name]Clemency[/name], [name]Cressida[/name], Coppelia, Dainora, [name]Doveva[/name], [name]Eirene[/name], [name]Eglantine[/name], [name]Elettra[/name], Eponine, [name]Euphemia[/name], [name]Fidelia[/name], Fioralba, [name]Godiva[/name], Gweneira, [name]Hannelore[/name], [name]Honorine[/name], [name]Isabeau[/name], [name]Isannah[/name], Jocosa, [name]Julissa[/name], [name]Junia[/name], [name]Kerensa[/name], [name]Leontine[/name], [name]Lileas[/name], [name]Lorenza[/name], [name]Lumina[/name], Madelief, [name]Marcella[/name], Mazarine, Nicandra, [name]Noella[/name], [name]Opaline[/name], [name]Ottavia[/name], Ovidia, [name]Peony[/name], [name]Phaedra[/name], [name]Phillida[/name], [name]Pomona[/name], Quitterie, [name]Rosalind[/name], Roswitha, [name]Sabina[/name], Silvestra, [name]Sonora[/name], Taddea, [name]Theodosia[/name], [name]Thessaly[/name], [name]Timothea[/name], [name]Undine[/name], Viatrix, [name]Violeta[/name], [name]Willamina[/name], [name]Winsome[/name], [name]Xanthia[/name], [name]Ysabel[/name], [name]Zenovia[/name], [name]Zephyrine[/name] and Zosime.

Of all the names on your list, [name]Delphina[/name] [name]Hero[/name] would be my choice, nn [name]Fifi[/name] ^^

Thank you for the lovely, wide-ranging suggestions! Dephina [name]Hero[/name] has a strong, beautiful feel to it, I will certainly consider it. :slight_smile: [name]Winsome[/name] is also a name that has definite appeal. :slight_smile: [name]Romola[/name] is sturdy, yet attractive…might be hard for me to find middles for it though! Thank you.

ETA; Currently, my favorites in this order; Clementine, Delphine, Phoebe, Araminta, Arabella. I think first three are feminine, elegant, but not frilly, whereas Arminta and Arabella are definitely frilly. What do you berries think? :slight_smile:

Update; I’ve found out that the mother of a former classmate is a [name]Delphine[/name]. Her daughter (my classmate) is named [name]Genevieve[/name], nicknamed [name]Veva[/name]. They’re French, and the mother is a rather prim, elegant woman. :slight_smile:

I’m a big fan of [name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Wren[/name] or [name]Delphina[/name] [name]Jane[/name]! I would use either of those 2 on my own daughter!

[name]Arabella[/name]: [name]Love[/name] this sooooooo much
[name]Araminta[/name]: This would be a great name for toothpaste not a child. Thoungh [name]Minty[/name] is a my little pony
[name]Phoebe[/name]: [name]Love[/name] this name heaps
[name]Clementine[/name]: Gorgeous
[name]Delphina[/name]: I hate this name almost as much as [name]Araminta[/name]

If I go with [name]Araminta[/name], I’d use [name]Minna[/name] or [name]Aro[/name] for nicknames. [name]Minty[/name] is very reminiscent of mint.

My concerns; [name]Even[/name] though [name]Arabella[/name] is gorgeous, she will blend in with the Bellas, Belles, and Isabellas. It is beautiful, but I’m not sure it’s distictive enough in sound.

I like [name]Phoebe[/name]'s sound…but at the same time, is she melodic enough? Too abrupt?

I’ve tentatively got it narrowed down to [name]Araminta[/name], [name]Clementine[/name] and [name]Phoebe[/name]. :slight_smile: Although I’m considering others, too!

Some suggestions -and hi everybody, this is my first post ! :rolleyes:

• [name]Gabriela[/name]
  • [name]Fernanda[/name]
  • [name]Aurora[/name]
  • [name]Leire[/name] (pronunced [name]LE[/name] as in French or Spanish, LEI-REH)
  • [name]Antonella[/name]
  • [name]Galaxia[/name]
  • [name]Isis[/name]
  • Teolinda
  • Coquette
  • [name]Rosa[/name]
  • [name]Violeta[/name]
  • [name]Ariella[/name]
  • Amalthea
  • [name]Ludovica[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] it helps!

Based on your bays list, I think [name]Clementine[/name] fiits best. Clemetine LLucy or [name]Jane[/name] is lovely…

Update

I’ve revised my list;

[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]

[name]Clementine[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name] [name]Valentine[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name] [name]Briar[/name]

I’m looking for feminine but not frilly, quirky, with historical/literary nuances, and definitely classy. :slight_smile:

Any thoughts??