Please help with baby boy names!

Hi!

So, my husband decided he isn’t crazy about the name I like and I’m not sure about the name he likes so we thought we should look for some new ones to add to the list.

I’d love to hear opinions on each of these names! I’m so indecisive and afraid we won’t ever figure out the perfect name. [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t hold back lol

Thank you!

Julian
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_m]Gavin[/name_m]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_u]Levi[/name_u]
[name_u]Chase[/name_u]
[name_m]Dawson[/name_m]
[name_u]Beau[/name_u]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u]
[name_m]William[/name_m]

Julian- handsome and classic! I’ve known a few Julians and don’t personally think you can go wrong with this name.
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]- this name is great and sounds very strong and masculine. I like how it has a country feel.
[name_m]Gavin[/name_m]- I’m neutral on this. not the biggest fan because it has a trendy feel.
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]- such a cool and unique name with so many great nn possibilities ([name_u]Ever[/name_u], Ev, Rett)
[name_u]Asher[/name_u]- not the biggest fan of this name but I can see the appeal but [name_u]Ash[/name_u] is a great nn.
[name_u]Levi[/name_u]- so strong sounding with a great country feel. Feels like a more unique version of [name_u]Liam[/name_u] to me.
[name_u]Chase[/name_u]- cool sounding name but don’t love how its a word name.
[name_m]Dawson[/name_m]- I’m neutral about this name. I’ve known one [name_m]Dawson[/name_m] in real life but associate this name strongly with the show [name_m]Dawson[/name_m]’s creek. I like how it has a country feel and is unique though.
[name_u]Beau[/name_u]- love this name! So strong and simple!
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]- adorable name! Prefer it as a nickname for [name_u]Finley[/name_u] though.
[name_u]Parker[/name_u]- not a fan for some reason.
[name_m]William[/name_m]- nice, classic name! [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t love the popularity of the nn [name_m]Will[/name_m].

My favorites are [name_u]Beau[/name_u], [name_u]Everett[/name_u] and [name_m]Luke[/name_m]! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!

Thank you so much! It is so helpful to hear other ppl’s opinions :blush:

1 Like

Dawson and [name_u]Everett[/name_u] are my favorite on your list

You have a great list some other ideas

Bennett
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u]
[name_u]Dustin[/name_u]
[name_m]Duncan[/name_m]
[name_m]Garrett[/name_m]
[name_u]Jonah[/name_u]
[name_m]Josiah[/name_m]
[name_u]Micah[/name_u]
[name_u]Nolan[/name_u]
[name_m]Preston[/name_m]
[name_m]Alec[/name_m]
[name_u]Tate[/name_u]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Preston[/name_m]
[name_u]Chandler[/name_u]
[name_u]Zeke[/name_u]
[name_u]Rhys[/name_u]
[name_u]Griffin[/name_u]
[name_u]Tanner[/name_u]
[name_m]Zane[/name_m]
[name_u]Remy[/name_u]
[name_u]Brady[/name_u]
[name_u]Barrett[/name_u]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_u]Corbin[/name_u]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_u]Keaton[/name_u]
[name_u]Davis[/name_u]
[name_m]Franklin[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_u]Darren[/name_u]
[name_u]Shane[/name_u]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_u]Conner[/name_u]
[name_m]Lawson[/name_m]
[name_u]Seth[/name_u]
[name_m]Malcom[/name_m]
[name_u]Grady[/name_u]
[name_u]Leland[/name_u]
[name_m]Russell[/name_m]
[name_m]Mitchell[/name_m]
[name_m]Marshall[/name_m]
[name_m]Abram[/name_m]
[name_m]Phillip[/name_m]
[name_u]Dorian[/name_u]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u]
[name_m]Damon[/name_m]
[name_m]Roman[/name_m]
[name_m]Nevin[/name_m]
[name_u]Drew[/name_u]

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Here are my thoughts-

[name_u]Julian[/name_u]-Absolute love! It’s one of my top 3-5 favorite boy names, & has been on my list for lots of years. It’s just the perfect balance of charming handsome boyish-ness. It’s sweet & gentle, but still obviously masculine. It’s classic & simple too. A teeny bit popular, but not too bad.

[name_m]Luke[/name_m]-I like this. It’s growing on me lately. I used to like [name_m]Luc[/name_m] more, but then I realized how this has a cool cowboy vibe & went back to this spelling! It’s simple & cool sounding. Also, a tad common but not terribly so.

[name_m]Gavin[/name_m]-I like a lot of names like this ([name_m]Ewan[/name_m], [name_u]Nolan[/name_u], [name_u]Aidan[/name_u] etc.), but can’t get on board w/this one. It sounds a more harsh & a little snobby to me. Not sure why. It’s not bad.

[name_u]Everett[/name_u]-This is fine. It’s getting sort of popular, but a good handsome classic. A bit posh, but cute.

[name_u]Asher[/name_u]-I like this a lot! It’s simple & masculine. But still kind of gentle & artsy. Plus, the nn [name_u]Ash[/name_u] is really fun. It’s kind of the same as the other three so far…done but not way over done.

[name_u]Levi[/name_u]-Another cool cowboy-y name. And another name that’s a good solid classic that’s a little popular but not too over done. Very nice.

[name_u]Chase[/name_u]-I think this is fun & kind of sporty. I’m more into as a nn for [name_m]Charles[/name_m].

[name_m]Dawson[/name_m]-This is good. It doesn’t super sparkle to me, but it’s a nice enough name.

[name_u]Beau[/name_u]-Meh, I’m not into this one. It sounds sort of like it’s missing something. And also a little bro-ish.

[name_u]Finn[/name_u]-[name_u]Love[/name_u] it! So cute, witty, sporty, smart & charming.

[name_u]Parker[/name_u]-This is okay. It doesn’t do much for me, but it’s not awful. Kind of trendy feeling.

[name_m]William[/name_m]-A beautiful handsome classic. Very popular in all generations. And I don’t care for [name_m]Will[/name_m] personally. I like [name_u]Billy[/name_u] though.

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

Thank you!! So helpful! :blush:

[name_u]Julian[/name_u] - charming and sweet
Luke-gentle but strong
Gavin- i find it harsh
Everett- fresh amd sweet
Asher-great meaning
Levi-nice and distinctive sounds
Chase - I’m not a fan.
Dawson- interesting and unique in sound
Beau-love it. Bold and brilliant
Finn-sweet and lively
Parker-love the sounds and gentle vibes
William-a little lacklustre

My favorites, are [name_u]Julian[/name_u], [name_m]Luke[/name_m], [name_u]Levi[/name_u], [name_u]Finn[/name_u], and [name_m]William[/name_m].

1 Like

I love [name_u]Asher[/name_u]. Soft sound but very distinctive.
[name_u]Levi[/name_u] is strong and handsome.
[name_u]Beau[/name_u] is unexpected but quite handsome.
[name_u]Finn[/name_u] seems intellectual and accomplished while retaining an outdoorsy vibe.
[name_m]William[/name_m] has some good nicknames: [name_m]Wills[/name_m], [name_m]Will[/name_m]
The rest aren’t really my style, but they’re okay.

1 Like

I think it depends on how each name sounds with your last name and how much you care about popularity/trendiness. Anyway, here are my personal thoughts:

[name_u]Julian[/name_u] - [name_m]Favorite[/name_m] on your list! Soft yet solid, accessible yet with a worldly, international feel- plus [name_u]Jules[/name_u] is a great nickname. We considered it for our boy, but I just have too many [name_u]Julie[/name_u]/Julia/Julianne/Jules in my life on the female side, and I was shocked to see how popular it’s becoming for boys, so we personally steered away from this name, at least for our first boy.

Luke - Great name- short and sweet but packs a punch. Sadly though, I know so many, it’s losing its luster for me.

Gavin - [name_m]Can[/name_m]'t help but think of [name_m]Gavin[/name_m] Degraw, which gives this name a country feel (strange, bc I think he was more rock than country…anyway). For me that’s a negative, but totally depends on where you’re located and the feel you’re going for!

Everett - In the cowboy club with [name_m]Gavin[/name_m], but slightly less trendy and more bookish, which I like. Also, Ev is a great nickname.

Asher - [name_u]Love[/name_u] that it’s got history as an old Biblical name but still feels super fresh with the -er ending and [name_u]Ash[/name_u] for a nickname. [name_f]My[/name_f] second favorite on your list.

Levi - Also has a country/cowboy feel because of [name_u]Levi[/name_u] jeans, but I do like old Biblical names getting a revamp, and this is one of the best. [name_m]Can[/name_m]'t help but like it.

Chase - Feels like an athlete name, especially a baseball player, which feels a bit limiting for me. Also, I’m afraid the bank chain lends an unsavory taste.

Dawson - [name_m]Can[/name_m]'t help but think of [name_m]Dawson[/name_m]'s [name_u]Creek[/name_u]. If you’re not a fan of the show or have a good sense of humor when people bring it up, I’d steer away.

Beau - A little too much on the romantic side. I love [name_u]Bo[/name_u] though, especially as a nickname for [name_m]Bowen[/name_m], [name_m]Boden[/name_m], or [name_u]Bodhi[/name_u], and you have the added awesome nickname of [name_u]Bowie[/name_u].

Finn - Super cute and feels fresh, but definitely trendy.

Parker - Trendy, especially for girls now, but I do prefer it for boys.

William - One of the most solid, timeless names. You can’t go wrong choosing [name_m]William[/name_m], but I’d personally choose something less common.

1 Like

I agree almost completely with Namemyname, though I’m personally a fan of [name_m]Dawson[/name_m]. Then again, I don’t watch the show and see how that could be annoying. I’ve met a [name_m]Dawson[/name_m] in real life though and it’s never come up for it. It suited him well too.

I think [name_u]Asher[/name_u] is my personal favorite and would be my choice, but [name_u]Julian[/name_u] is a strong contender.

I like [name_u]Julian[/name_u], [name_u]Levi[/name_u], and [name_u]Chase[/name_u] <-- used it for son #1’s middle name, as a middle name I think it has a nice ring to it. I would personally avoid [name_m]Dawson[/name_m] just because of the recent enough TV series [name_m]Dawson[/name_m]’s [name_u]Creek[/name_u]. I think a lot of people will associate it with that. I think [name_u]Finn[/name_u] could be a nice nickname for a longer name like [name_m]Finnegan[/name_m] or [name_m]Finnian[/name_m].

1 Like

Thank you for your input! So helpful. Our last name is [name_m]Coleman[/name_m] and [name_u]Julian[/name_u] is my husband’s favorite bc his mom’s name is [name_u]Julie[/name_u] so we do have a [name_u]Julie[/name_u] in the family. I’m not sure I love it but I’m trying to bc he likes it so much, so that’s why I decided to keep looking at different names before we make the final decision to just be sure it’s right for us. Idk if I really love any boy names tho! This is so hard!

Thank you! It’s funny because we have been watching [name_m]Dawson[/name_m]'s [name_u]Creek[/name_u] so that’s where my husband said I like that name! And I was actually thinking if we end up going with [name_u]Julian[/name_u] the middle name would be [name_u]Asher[/name_u] :hugs:

1 Like