Please help with baby girl name!

[name]Hi[/name] everyone! I’m very pregnant, due any day now, and we still don’t have a name for our baby girl. I love classic or vintage names, she has a brother [name]Oliver[/name]. (didn’t realize it would get so popular!)

Here is our short list,
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]

which one do you like best? Any other suggestions? Thanks for the help!

[name]Clara[/name] is my fav. from your list, but honestly, they’re all lovely names. Can’t go wrong there really.

[name]Hi[/name]

I like [name]Alice[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name] from your list.

Other suggestions;

[name]Penelope[/name] nn [name]Penny[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name]
[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Jane[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name] nn [name]Tori[/name]/[name]Vicky[/name]
[name]Sarah[/name] nn [name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name] nn [name]Maisie[/name]
[name]Lauren[/name]
[name]Isla[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name] nn [name]Evie[/name]
[name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Leah[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name]

What do you think?

We had a lot of those on our long list, but they were vetoed for some reason or another. :slight_smile: I love [name]Penelope[/name], but don’t like [name]Penny[/name], so we decided to throw that one out, [name]Abigail[/name] is my sister, I love [name]Caroline[/name], but too popular.

I hope to one day use the name [name]Penelope[/name] with the nn [name]Nell[/name] or [name]Nela[/name] - you could consider that?

I have a feeling that you can’t control nicknames. :wink: plus I feel like it’s becoming pretty trendy.

That’s fine if the name’s not for you but I disagree on the nn issue. I have a cousin called [name]Joseph[/name] who has been nicknamed [name]Jose[/name] his whole life and a cousin called [name]Francesca[/name] who was nicknamed Cesca instead of [name]Franny[/name] by her parents and that’s stuck through out her life including in jobs because she insists on being called by the nn she’s used to. And yes knew people sometimes try to call her [name]Fran[/name] but it only takes being corrected once for them to stop.

That’s very true, I guess I just dint like it enough to overlook. :slight_smile:

We also really like [name]Eliza[/name]. Is it too “matchy” with [name]Oliver[/name]?

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Clara[/name] and [name]Alice[/name] with [name]Oliver[/name]. I’ve never really liked [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name] much, but they’re fine names. You might also like:

[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Flora[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Vivian[/name]
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Frances[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]

[name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Beatrice[/name], are too precious!

I think any of your names sounds terrific with [name]Oliver[/name]!

Except I do think [name]Eliza[/name] is a bit matchy. [name]Oliver[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name] just makes me think that someone likes [name]London[/name] set musicals a bit much. ; )

[name]Alice[/name] is possibly my favorite, followed by [name]Clara[/name], then [name]Beatrice[/name] and [name]Georgia[/name]. I think [name]Georgia[/name] is only last because of the ‘o’ sound sounding a smidge similar to [name]Oliver[/name], but I think they’re all beautiful names.

[name]Oliver[/name] and…[name]Eliza[/name]!

I like [name]Clara[/name] the best with [name]Oliver[/name]…followed by [name]Beatrice[/name].

Thanks [name]Marc[/name]…in that case Ill deal with them and try to get that domain name.

Regards

[name]Gerry[/name]

I like [name]Clara[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] the best, followed by [name]Georgia[/name] and then [name]Beatrice[/name] and then [name]Alice[/name].
However, they are all beautiful! [name]Do[/name] you have a favorite? Does one in particular sound better with your last name or does the middle name influence anything?