Please help with choosing between SEREN, TAMSIN, MARLOW, ELOWEN

I have two boys with uncommon names and would like a girl name that runs along with them. Their names are [name]Camden[/name] and [name]Beckett[/name]. I am having a lot of trouble coming up with something that my hubby and I can agree on. Our last name is one syllable (so we don’t want a one syllable first name) and starts with an “L”. [name]Louise[/name] is my mom’s middle name and I have some interest in using it, although am not set on it and realize that it sounds a bit sing-songy with a last name that also starts with “L”.

So far I have come up with:

[name]Seren[/name] [name]Louise[/name]/[name]Magnolia[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name] [name]Louise[/name] (or any mn suggestions)
[name]Marlow[/name] (can use mn suggestions)
Elowen (can use mn suggestions)

Thanks for any help!

I like them all…but I just have to say, I adore Elowen! I have Elowen [name]Victoria[/name] on my list. My second choice (almost tied for first) would be [name]Seren[/name] [name]Louise[/name] because it flows together so nicely :slight_smile:

I really love [name]Tamsin[/name] [name]Louise[/name], closely followed by [name]Seren[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name], [name]Seren[/name] [name]Louise[/name], then Elowen. Unfortunately I don’t care for [name]Marlow[/name] at all!

[name]Both[/name] [name]Seren[/name] and [name]Tamsin[/name] are beautiful! :slight_smile:

Ohhhh definitely Elowen. I’ve loved that name forever.
Middle ideas:

Elowen [name]Sage[/name]
Elowen [name]Lux[/name]
Elowen [name]Maeve[/name]
Elowen [name]July[/name]
Elowen [name]Shea[/name]

[name]Camden[/name], [name]Beckett[/name]

I like [name]Seren[/name] and [name]Marlow[/name] the best with your sibset.

[name]Marlow[/name] [name]Coralie[/name]
[name]Seren[/name] [name]Magnolia[/name] - super cute!

Elowen [name]Plum[/name] - pretty name, but might be too ancient sounding with your sibset
[name]Tamsin[/name] [name]Louise[/name] - I’m not fond of [name]Tamsin[/name]

I would recommend Elowen, too. I like [name]Tamsin[/name] a lot, but find it really close to [name]Camden[/name]. I have seen [name]Camden[/name] used on a girl, so a unisex name like [name]Marlow[/name] might be a bit confusing. [name]Seren[/name] doesn’t strike me, but to each her own :slight_smile: Elowen is graceful, totally underused, and feminine without being frilly. Elowen [name]Willow[/name] (too many Ws and Ls?), Elowen [name]Olivia[/name], Elowen [name]Pearl[/name], Elowen [name]Isla[/name], Elowen [name]Faye[/name]…

I think Elowen [name]Sarina[/name] would be beautiful.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I totally realized after reading my names again that [name]Tamsin[/name] (although I think it is very unique and lovely) is too matchy with [name]Camden[/name], so I am crossing that off my list.

It sounds like most of you really like Elowen and I think it might be at the bottom of my list, can’t really put my finger on why. I also think it would be the hardest for my hubby to like.

I do really like [name]Seren[/name] [name]Louise[/name], but for some reason, am liking [name]Marlow[/name] a lot as well. I like how it sounds with [name]Camden[/name] and [name]Beckett[/name].
Can anyone give any mn suggestions to go with [name]Marlow[/name], again with a last name starting with “L”?

Also, does anyone have any strong preferences between the spelling [name]Marlow[/name] and [name]Marlowe[/name]?

Thanks!

I like [name]Marlow/name best for you too! While [name]Camden[/name] and [name]Beckett[/name] are unusual, I feel like they’re also familiar enough, just not super-popular. [name]Marlowe[/name] feels in the same boat to me, the others are a little further afield for sure.

I actually knew someone with the name - she spelled it [name]Marlo[/name]. I actually kind of like the streamlined nature of that.
[name]Marlow[/name] looks the most straightforward of the w names, but [name]Marlowe[/name] is getting some celebrity love, is how the author spelled it, and doesn’t throw spell-check off.

So suffice it to say no strong feelings but of the spellings you’re listing [name]Marlowe[/name] probably has some slight logic in its favor.

With a 2-syllable first name and a 1 syllable last name, I’d like 3+ sylls for middle. I am gravitating toward more classic and traditional names for the middle, but you don’t have to!

[name]Marlowe[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Marlowe[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Marlowe[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Marlowe[/name] [name]Serena[/name] (from [name]Seren[/name])
[name]Marlowe[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Marlowe[/name] [name]Theresa[/name]

Good luck!

I like [name]Seren[/name] the best from your list.

Other ideas:
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Eleni[/name]
[name]Cassia[/name]
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Risa[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Katya[/name]
[name]Isaura[/name]
[name]Aquinnah[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Miranda[/name]
[name]Marina[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Zara[/name]
[name]Giana[/name]
[name]Daria[/name]
[name]Davina[/name]

[name]Marlow[/name] [name]Katerina[/name]
[name]Marlow[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Marlow[/name] [name]Brianne[/name]
[name]Marlow[/name] [name]Michelle[/name]
[name]Marlow[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Marlow[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name]
[name]Marlow[/name] [name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Marlow[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Marlow[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]
[name]Marlow[/name] [name]Jessica[/name]
[name]Marlow[/name] [name]Nadia[/name]

[name]Marlow[/name] (that spelling over [name]Marlowe[/name]) was the name that jumped out at me. I think [name]Camden[/name], [name]Beckett[/name] and [name]Marlow[/name] all compliment each other as well.

[name]Marlow[/name] [name]Louis[/name] is gorgeous.
I think [name]Marlow[/name] [name]Victoria[/name], [name]Marlow[/name] [name]Iris[/name], [name]Marlow[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name], and [name]Marlow[/name] [name]Tamsin[/name] all sound lovely as well.

[name]Seren[/name] [name]Louise[/name]/[name]Magnolia[/name] -[name]Seren[/name] is weird in my opinion, and doesn’t really go with your boys names. I wouldn’t know how to pronounce it and the spelling looks uncomfortable -like it’s missing an “a” at the end…just my opinion.
[name]Tamsin[/name] [name]Louise[/name] - I also like this
[name]Marlow[/name] - my favorite
Elowen- I like this name

[name]Marlow[/name] is my favorite from your list and I also think it goes very, very well with your boys’ names. All are pretty unusual, but their pronunciation is clear, and they are all familiar despite their rareness. I personally prefer the spelling [name]Marlowe[/name] though- I think it looks better , but more importantly, I think it makes it obvious that it is a girl’s name! [name]Marlow[/name] is more ambiguous and when reading your list of names could sound potentially read like a 3rd boy. [name]Marlowe[/name] on the other hand, is clearly feminine! [name]Marlowe[/name] is not my style, but even so I think it is an absolutely adorable name. Cute for a little girl, cool for a teenager, and sophisticated for a grown woman. It occurred to me that you could spell it Marlot- but don’t. It looks way to much like Merlot.

Thanks everyone! I love all the suggestions and will be talking everything over with the hubby. Hopefully we pick something soon!

Personally I prefer [name]Tamsin[/name] or [name]Marlowe[/name], I think I would like Elowen more if it was spelled “Ellowyn”

I would use [name]Marlow[/name] or Elowen. [name]Seren[/name] is too close to Sarin gas to me. I prefer the [name]Marlowe[/name] spelling for a girl though.

[name]SEREN[/name]!!

~[name]Jasmine[/name]

I’ve known one girl named [name]Marlow[/name] and she spelled it without an E. Might be the more obvious spelling. I like both.

[name]Marlow[/name] [name]Gale[/name]
[name]Marlow[/name] [name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Marlow[/name] [name]Thessaly[/name]
[name]Marlow[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]
[name]Marlow[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Marlow[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Marlow[/name] [name]Reed[/name]
[name]Marlow[/name] [name]Seren[/name]
[name]Marlow[/name] Rosimund
[name]Marlow[/name] [name]Paige[/name]
[name]Marlow[/name] [name]Sage[/name]
[name]Marlow[/name] [name]Wren[/name]

[name]Seren[/name] [name]Louise[/name] is lovely. I like [name]Marlowe[/name] the least,it seems very trendy at the moment.

@irexshicanbabe it isn’t pronounced like the sarin gas and is a very popular Welsh name,so isn’t “weird” either. Nice touch of cultural ignorance there though.