Please help with name change/middle name!

[name]Hi[/name] everyone! I recently posted about how my husband and I have decided to change our daughter’s name, she is 9 weeks old and we are undergoing the change now. We named her [name]Isla[/name] [name]Grace[/name] on a whim in the hospital after a traumatic NICU experience, we were pressured to choose a name and were desperate to get home, we were exhausted and stressed when we chose the name, and though we think it is lovely------it is just not her name, and we are unhappy with it. She was born on [name]Christmas[/name] [name]Eve[/name] and so we have decided to call her [name]Eva[/name] for that reason and also because the meaning of the name is ‘Life’ and we almost lost her during labor. For the middle, we were leaning towards [name]Scarlett[/name], because she was the most beautiful radiant pink/red when she was born and we thought it tied in well with the [name]Christmas[/name] symbolism, etc. Now that we are nearing the time to undergo all the paperwork, we are trying to make sure we are 100% on [name]Eva[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]…the other option would be to use a grandmother’s name: [name]Mary[/name]. I do not like the sound of [name]Eva[/name] [name]Mary[/name] at all, so we were thinking of trying to be creative with something like [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Rose[/name] ([name]Rose[/name] to symbolize that beautiful red glow she had) or another double name? Any suggestions??

[name]Eva[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Eva[/name] [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Eva[/name] [name]Rose[/name]-[name]Maria[/name]
etc, etc…

Big brother is [name]Noah[/name] [name]Immanuel[/name]

thank you in advance for ANY advice!!

I personally love the name [name]Isla[/name], but if it makes you unhappy I agree you should change it. You shouldn’t have to feel that way.

I do not like [name]Eva[/name] and [name]Scarlett[/name] together.

[name]How[/name] about [name]Eva[/name] [name]Maren[/name]?

[name]Eva[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] is perfect! It has the best flow [name]IMO[/name] too.

I like the first name [name]Eva[/name] with brother [name]Noah[/name]. Cute! [name]Eva[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] sounds beautiful.

[name]Eva[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] is beautiful purely because of all the thought and symbolism you have put into it. Because of that I believe that it is the perfect name for your daughter. However, you could go with [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] nn [name]Eva[/name]. [name]Evangeline[/name] means ‘Bearer of Good News’ which fits in nicely with the ‘Life’ meaning of her nickname.

Why not just [name]Eva[/name] [name]Rose[/name] alone?

[name]Eva[/name] and [name]Noah[/name] and so good together! I love [name]Eva[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]. It’s so pretty and has a great flow. Plus, the meaning behind it is wonderful.

[name]Eva[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] is perfection! Sounds beautiful and such a significant meaning! <3

I really do like [name]Eva[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] and think it has a lovely rhythm. I like the idea of honoring family, too, though. What about [name]Eva[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]? I like it better than [name]Rose[/name]-[name]Maria[/name] or [name]Mary[/name]-[name]Rose[/name]. I believe there is some symbolism linking the herb to [name]Christmas[/name]; it incorporates both [name]Rose[/name] and [name]Mary[/name]; and it has its own nature-related, classic thing going for it.

I like [name]Eva[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] too!

Oooh, [name]Eva[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] would be beautiful. If it would work for you, it definitely gets my nod.

I like [name]Eva[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name], but it does make me think of that old “red skies at night, sailors/shepherds delight” rhyme. It’s not a terrible association, by any means, but I’m having a hard time shaking it.

[name]Eva[/name] [name]Scarlet[/name] is simply stunning! I think its a great choice!

[name]Eva[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Isla[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] are both just lovely!!

Thank you all, I really appreciate your help! I think we are going to stick with [name]Eva[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]!!

1 Like

I adore [name]Eva[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]! And I am happy that you are following your gut and changing her name…we changed our daughter’s name when she was 3 months old and it was the best thing we have ever done! I have never regretted changing it, not even for a second, and I know I would still be torturing myself now if we hadn’t changed it.
I love [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Eva[/name] together, too!

wow! what did you change it to/from? And what was your reason? Was it a difficult legal process?? I would love to hear!!!

I think you should go with [name]Eva[/name] [name]Scarlet[/name]. It is a beautiful name and has a lot of meaning to you…but if you want some more suggestions, I really like the name [name]Rosemary[/name], but I really don’t like the flow of [name]Eva[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]. A name that I have considered before is [name]Evaline[/name], and I think [name]Evaline[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name] is very pretty.

We changed her name because her birth name never fit her…I loved (and still do love) her birth name, but it didn’t suit her at all. I started feeling remorse before we even left the hospital. We had already announced her name to our family and friends right after the birth, so it felt too late to do anything about it. We tried giving it some time hoping she would grow into her name and I would start to love it on her, but my feelings only grew stronger that it was supposed to be something else. We started using her ‘new’ name at home for a while just to make sure it felt right before telling everyone else. It was kind of embarrassing to announce the change, but everyone was extremely supportive. The legal process to change it was not difficult at all, although I think the ease of doing that varies by state. In most states, it is fairly easy to do if the child is less than 1 year old. We just had to fill out a form (and have it notarized) for the state to amend her birth certificate, and then there was another form for the social security office. That one was easy once we had her amended birth certificate in hand. Obviously if I had to do it all over I would have followed my gut from the beginning, but I am so glad we changed it…I know I would still be struggling with name regret had we not changed it.

[name]Eva[/name] isn’t my favourite name, but I adore your reasoning for it. [name]Eva[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name] is lovely!

[name]Eva[/name] [name]Marietta[/name]-[name]Rose[/name]
[name]Eva[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Eva[/name] [name]Holly[/name] ([name]Holly[/name] is a [name]Christmas[/name] plant, and they’re red.)
[name]Eva[/name] [name]Holly[/name] [name]Mary[/name] (Maybe too close to Holy [name]Mary[/name]?)
[name]Eva[/name] [name]Holly[/name]-[name]Marie[/name]