Please Help!

I will find out the gender of my baby in a few weeks and am really hoping it’ll help. But at this moment I feel like my husband and I will NEVER agree :frowning: I’m worried I’m going to end up naming my baby something that I just don’t love.

Girls:

The name we talk about the most is [name]Charlotte[/name]. We’re both so-so about it although I can tell my mom doesn’t like it. I would want to do [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Avery[/name] but he doesn’t like [name]Avery[/name]. I also like [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Elise[/name]. My #1 pick for a girl’s name would be [name]Jocelyn[/name] but he says no way. He wants [name]Kyla[/name] but I don’t love it and just see it as the female version of [name]Kyle[/name]. sigh. We’ve discussed [name]Amberly[/name] but I’m not sure how it would go over and again, I just don’t love it. I also would be happy with [name]Ava[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] (I’d probably call her [name]Ava[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]) but my husband doesn’t like [name]Ava[/name]. I like [name]Annalise[/name] as well.

Boys:

If I had my way his name would be [name]Brady[/name]. My husband (of course) says no way. The name we talk about the most is [name]Liam[/name] [name]Michael[/name] [name]Andrew[/name]. My husband has two middle names and the only thing we can agree on is that if we have a boy, the middle names will be [name]Michael[/name] & [name]Andrew[/name] (our fathers names). I’d be happy with [name]Kellan[/name] but again, my husband says (you guessed it) no way.

Is there any hope for us?!!

I think you have the best taste ever choosing [name]Ava[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]. Can’t you talk him into it?? Otherwise would he like [name]Elise[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]? I love both of those names!

[name]Annalise[/name] is a beautiful name and [name]Annalise[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] is a lovely combo.

I don’t think you have a problem with the boy’s names as your choice is lovely [name]LIam[/name] [name]MIchael[/name] [name]Andrew[/name] is a handsome name!

If you would like more help on names just keep posting till you are happy.

rollo

thanks rollo!!! It’s funny b/c I don’t love [name]Ava[/name] by itself but I absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Ava[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] together (which is why I’d just call her by both names) and [name]Ava[/name] is gorgeous w/ my last name. I’m afraid he isn’t going to budge on [name]Ava[/name] but I’ll keep trying.

I’m glad you like [name]Liam[/name] [name]Michael[/name] [name]Andrew[/name]! It’s the one boy name that every person seems to like :slight_smile:

can’t wait to find out the gender :slight_smile:

My suggestion would be to focus on what you and your husband like, and not worry about what you think your mom may think of the name. Once the name is attached to her grandchild, she will like the name. I think [name]Amberly[/name] and [name]Liam[/name] are both great names, but if you are both lukewarm on the names, then you probably haven’t found ‘the one’ yet.

Based on the names you mentioned, below are some names I think you may like:
[name]Paisley[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Leila[/name]/[name]Layla[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Mia[/name]
[name]Marilyn[/name]
[name]Annabell[/name]

[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Cullen[/name]
[name]Trevor[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Sean[/name]
[name]Colton[/name]
[name]Colin[/name]

My suggestion would be to focus on what you and your husband like, and not worry about what you think your mom may think of the name. Once the name is attached to her grandchild, she will like the name. I think [name]Amberly[/name] and [name]Liam[/name] are both great names, but if you are both lukewarm on the names, then you probably haven’t found ‘the one’ yet.

Based on the names you mentioned, below are some names I think you may like:
[name]Paisley[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Leila[/name]/[name]Layla[/name]
[name]Eva[/name]
[name]Mia[/name]
[name]Marilyn[/name]
[name]Annabell[/name]

[name]Beckett[/name]
[name]Cullen[/name]
[name]Trevor[/name]
[name]Owen[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Sean[/name]
[name]Colton[/name]
[name]Colin[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] I am back again with some [name]Charlotte[/name] combos

If he doesn’t like [name]Avery[/name] he may like

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Ainsley[/name], I think that [name]Ainsley[/name] is great unisex name and very underused
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Darcy[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Ada[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Alice[/name]
or
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

If you both like [name]Charlotte[/name] then we can just look for a middle that you both like. Please let us know what you of the combos.

all the best

rollo

thanks to both of you for the suggestions!!

my favorites are

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Elise[/name]

and

[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Avery[/name]

I also like [name]Charlotte[/name] Anisten which I know must namberries cannot stand!

We’ve also discussed the name [name]Meredith[/name] and just today we both agreed we like [name]Tyler[/name]. I think I had dismissed [name]Tyler[/name] earlier b/c I absolutely hate the nickname “[name]Ty[/name]”. But I figure if we tell everyone to please only call him [name]Tyler[/name]??? I think I may like [name]Tyler[/name] more than [name]Liam[/name]. What do you think?

I’ve also tried to find another first name to use w/ [name]Caroline[/name] as a middle name. Since my husband doesn’t like [name]Ava[/name]…

rollo - I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Grace[/name] and it would be my top choice. However, after [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Michelle[/name] Gellar used it for her daughter AND another friend had a nice named [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Grace[/name], I decided I wanted something that would be more special.

niece! :slight_smile:

I really love your names. I really love [name]Liam[/name] and I like all your girl names just not [name]Kyla[/name].

Here are a few more names:

[name]Ava[/name]-[name]Lynn[/name]
[name]Evaline[/name]
[name]Adaline[/name]
[name]Amara[/name]
Novah
Evalet
[name]Everly[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name]
Alora
[name]Kyra[/name]
Daysha
[name]Esmae[/name]
[name]Ariella[/name]
[name]Estelle[/name]
[name]Ayanna[/name]
[name]Lana[/name]
[name]Aleah[/name]
[name]Maleah[/name]
[name]Noelle[/name]
Daviana
[name]Harmony[/name]
Shaylea
[name]Ryanne[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
Annaka
[name]Jayde[/name]
[name]Brielle[/name]
[name]Journey[/name]
[name]Lyric[/name]
[name]Kiley[/name]
[name]Mckenna[/name]
[name]Vera[/name]
[name]Layla[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Rylan[/name]
[name]Amira[/name]
[name]Ellie[/name]
[name]DESIREE[/name]

Not sure if you will like these (:

Here are a few A names that mean grace, maybe you will like one of them?

[name]Alexandra[/name] Greek Great protector; Graceful lily F
[name]Alta[/name] Spanish High. Abbreviation of Altagracia - a reference to the high grace of [name]Jesus[/name]’ mother [name]Mary[/name]. F
Altagracia Spanish F
[name]Ana[/name] Spanish [name]Grace[/name]; favor. Variant of [name]Anna[/name]. Often used in blended names like [name]Analee[/name] and Anarosa. F
[name]Ana[/name] Hebrew [name]Grace[/name] OR use [name]Anna[/name] :slight_smile: F
[name]Anais[/name] Hebrew [name]Grace[/name] F
[name]Analee[/name] Spanish [name]Grace[/name]. favor. Variant of [name]Anna[/name]. F
[name]Analeigh[/name] Spanish [name]Grace[/name]. favor. Variant of [name]Anna[/name]. F
Analena Spanish [name]Grace[/name]. favor. Variant of [name]Anna[/name]. F
[name]Analise[/name] Hebrew [name]Grace[/name] or devoted to God F [name]Anneliese[/name]?
[name]Anamarie[/name] Spanish [name]Grace[/name]. favor. Variant of [name]Anna[/name]. F
Anarosa Spanish [name]Grace[/name]. favor. Variant of [name]Anna[/name]. F
[name]Aneta[/name] Hebrew [name]Grace[/name] F [name]Anita[/name]?
[name]Anetta[/name] Hebrew [name]Grace[/name] F or [name]Annette[/name]?
[name]Ania[/name] Polish grace F
[name]Anibal[/name] Spanish [name]Grace[/name] of God M says male but reminds me of [name]Annabel[/name] which is lovely
[name]Anica[/name] Spanish [name]Grace[/name] F
[name]Anice[/name] Scottish Scottish form of [name]Ann[/name] grace F
Anichka Hebrew [name]Grace[/name] F

rollo

thank you both for the suggestions - I will definitely share all of them w/ my husband! :slight_smile: