Please! Initial reaction to Sweeney!

I want to name our little girl [name]Sweeney[/name]. I think it’s different without being weird. I think it sounds sunny, happy and cheerful. Our son’s name is [name]Barrett[/name] so it goes well there. The only problem I’m having is some people automatically go to [name]Sweeney[/name] [name]Todd[/name]. A lot of my family has done theater so is it just me that goes straight to that? Does it or should it matter? If [name]Stella[/name]'s can get by now or [name]Adrian[/name]'s I don’t see why [name]Sweeney[/name] would be a problem. [name]Just[/name] wanted some open opinions from the masses.
Thanks!

I automatically went to [name]Sweeney[/name] [name]Todd[/name] and assume most people would, Im having a hard time believing that this post is serious and not trolling. No offense if you are legitimately asking if people think [name]Sweeney[/name] is a good idea for a little girls name - but if thats the case I think its a bad idea. Also, Stella and Adrian are different because they werent psychopathic barbers who were killing people.

Good point on [name]Stella[/name] and [name]Adrian[/name]. What do you think of Mahoney?

Yes, sorry, my mind went straight to [name]Sweeney[/name] [name]Todd[/name]. I really don’t know anything about it, but I always assumed [name]Sweeney[/name] was used on a boy? I looked it up on imdb.com and the premise of the movie doesn’t seem that encouraging… maybe it’s just because I don’t know anything about it but I really wouldn’t want to have my daughter’s name associated with that. I think, in a way, [name]Sweeney[/name] does go well with [name]Barrett[/name], but more as a brother’s name instead of a sister’s, sorry.

Good luck!

I automatically went to [name]Sweeney[/name] [name]Todd[/name] too. I wouldn’t ever name a kid that because of the association.

[name]Sweeney[/name] [name]Todd[/name], for sure. Mahoney makes me think of Police Academy. Maybe that’s just me.

Yep 4’s enough, I’ll have to let it go. I was afraid of that! I will keep searching for a happy sounding -ey last name first name! My husband first liked [name]Delaney[/name] but I thought it was too popular, maybe I’ll sit back on that one for a while.

Oh and [name]Crosby[/name] was a name in passing too. I’ll keep searching, this is a great site!

Yeah totally thought [name]Sweeney[/name] [name]Todd[/name]…terrible association…I wouldn’t name anything [name]Sweeney[/name] most of all a little baby…sorry

[name]Todd[/name]. gut reaction.

I don’t know why [name]Delaney[/name] is considered popular. I teach and tutor and have not met one [name]Delaney[/name], except for [name]Sara[/name] [name]Delaney[/name] who went to grade 5 with me…What about [name]Bryony[/name]? That has the same sound. Also Mafanwy.

My gut reaction wasn’t actually [name]Sweeney[/name] [name]Todd[/name], but rather the word Swine. Like pigs. I have no idea why.

[name]Bryony[/name] is okay. What about [name]Leonie[/name]?

Definitely thought of [name]Sweeney[/name] [name]Todd[/name] and [name]Alison[/name] [name]Sweeney[/name] (Biggest Loser host/ US version). Not cute for a first name. Also, I have a friend who named their adorable daughter [name]Crosby[/name], and I hate that that is her name. She is so beautiful, and should’ve been named something beautiful like [name]Everly[/name] or [name]Ariella[/name]. That being said, shes not my child, so to each- his own. Good luck!

I agree, there are lots of cute ‘-ey-’ names out there. [name]Jovie[/name], [name]Briony[/name], etc

What about

Lindley
[name]Whitney[/name]
[name]Journey[/name]
[name]Courtney[/name]
Swayzee
[name]Halsey[/name]
[name]Cagney[/name]
[name]Sydney[/name]
[name]Dabney[/name]
McCartney
[name]Rooney[/name]