Please pick...Ruby, Tess, Violet or Lola?

[name]Hi[/name] Berries, can you pick your favorite combo for me and tell me why! :slight_smile: I’m in love with [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Tess[/name]…my partner wants [name]Ruby[/name] or [name]Lola[/name]. Which I like to…but you know how it is!! Would love some honest opinions…Thanks xo

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jane[/name].

[name]Tess[/name] [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Tess[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Tess[/name] [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Tess[/name] [name]Violet[/name], [name]Tess[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Bea[/name], [name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name], [name]Violet[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]

[name]Lola[/name] [name]Daisy[/name], [name]Lola[/name] [name]Blythe[/name], [name]Lola[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]

I love all four of these names! You both have great taste :slight_smile: It’s hard to choose. My favorites for each first name are:

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Tess[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]

I think all four of these combos flow really well. I think my favorite would be [name]Lola[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]. I think [name]Blythe[/name] balances out the frilly-ness that I connect with [name]Lola[/name].

my favorites from your list are [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Violet[/name].
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] [name]Bea[/name] both sound great.

Sorry I don’t have more to add, I think [name]Ruby[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] are both lovely choices!

[name]Tess[/name] feels a little short/nicknamey to me. [name]Lola[/name] is not my style, but it also seems nicknamey.

Great names! My faves, in order of preference, are:

[name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (stunning)
[name]Tess[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] (I like a longer mn w/ [name]Tess[/name])
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (just plain sassy, in the best way)

I like [name]Lola[/name] [name]Daisy[/name] on a little girl, but since they both feel a little nick-namey I can’t picture it on an adult. The other [name]Lola[/name] combos don’t flow as well, [name]IMO[/name]. I think [name]Jane[/name] could ground [name]Lola[/name] as it does with [name]Ruby[/name], so I’d add [name]Lola[/name] [name]Jane[/name] (or even [name]June[/name]) to your list.

Best of luck!

As a [name]Tess[/name], I have to say [name]Tess[/name] is my favorite! [name]Tess[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] is really pretty :slight_smile: As is [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jane[/name]!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Viola[/name]? It combines [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Lola[/name], and is a beautiful (and legitimate) name to boot! And with that compromise, you can have fun with mn’s. What you you think?

I love all four of these names! You both have great taste :slight_smile: It’s hard to choose. My favorites for each first name are:

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Lola[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]
[/quote]
I second this! I think my number one favorite combo is [name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. All great names, though. :slight_smile:

I like [name]Ruby[/name] the best. I also like violet but I feel like its too common. [name]Tess[/name] seems like an insufficient name. While [name]Lola[/name] just does not age well.

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] or [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jane[/name] are cute.

I second the [name]Viola[/name] suggestion, hubby can call her [name]Lola[/name]. Perfect compromise! Of your choices I am in love with [name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name], but I love [name]Viola[/name] [name]Jane[/name] just as much, if not more. [name]Every[/name] name on your list is beautiful, good luck choosing!

[name]Hi[/name], [name]Anna[/name]!

The only one I don’t like is [name]Lola[/name], as it just feels a little insubstantial and trendy to me. Like, I don’t feel like it has an ounce of seriousness to it, which some people like - just not me. However, I love [name]Tess[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], and [name]Violet[/name]! If you are looking for something slightly more uncommon, I’d choose [name]Ruby[/name], as I think [name]Violet[/name] will be heading up the charts in the future - it is on trend, not trendy. [name]Tess[/name] is a great name, and I love it all on its own - it has a fresh, modern feel yet it is still classic!

So, that being said, I love [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Matilda[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. My great-grandmother’s name was [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jane[/name], actually! I think [name]Matilda[/name] would make a great future sister to [name]Ruby[/name], so I’d go with [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jane[/name], assuming it works well with your last name. For [name]Violet[/name], [name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is the best combination as well. [name]Violet[/name] [name]Blythe[/name] has too strong of an I sound, and [name]Violet[/name] [name]Bea[/name] feels incomplete - I do like [name]Violet[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name], though, and [name]Beatrix[/name] would make a very sweet sister to [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] or [name]Matilda[/name]! For [name]Tess[/name], the only one I like is [name]Tess[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - it is tough to come up with middle names for [name]Tess[/name], but my personal favorite is [name]Tess[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]…

Oh, the suggestion of [name]Viola[/name] is cute, too, with the [name]Lola[/name] nickname. [name]Viola[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is gorgeous, but something like [name]Viola[/name] [name]Mathilde[/name] or [name]Viola[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] would be lovely, too.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] girls!

Thanks for your opinions. They are much valued! We can’t decide on a name until she’s born, but you really help us to be more informed about our decisions and give me some lovely ideas.

[name]Lemon[/name], we love [name]Ruby[/name]. It is so spunky and fabulous!! I’d probably do it in a heartbeat…but it is #2 here. [name]Lola[/name] is holding at #47. [name]Tess[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] are rarer - they don’t enter our top 100. [name]Lemon[/name], that being said - which do you prefer now?

[name]Tess[/name] is definitely difficult to give a middle name. [name]Tessa[/name] is easier, but I much prefer just [name]Tess[/name]. It’s so simple, elegant and sweet. I did have [name]Tess[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] on my list, it does look pretty. But I keep thinking of the church! [name]Elizabeth[/name] works as a name to honour a friend, but I don’t love the name. I like forms of it ([name]Eliza[/name], [name]Beth[/name], [name]Ella[/name] etc) Neither go with [name]Tess[/name] though. [name]Katharine[/name] and [name]Charlotte[/name] are both meaningful names too. [name]How[/name] about [name]Tess[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] or [name]Tess[/name] [name]Katharine[/name]? I think [name]Tess[/name] sounds best next to a 3 syllable middle name…[name]Charlotte[/name] doesn’t flow next to it as well but it looks pretty enough.

I agree [name]Lola[/name] doesn’t age well. But he loves it, and I think it sounds darling with [name]Daisy[/name] in the middle spot. Probably a little mean of us though…we get sucked in by the cute factor!

You know, I so badly want to like [name]Viola[/name]. But I don’t. :frowning: My other half doesn’t like it either. We can’t understand how we can like [name]Violet[/name] but not [name]Viola[/name]. [name]How[/name] strange!

I’m responding without reading the other posts, so if I reduplicate, it’s by accident. I love [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. Hard to say which I like better, but it would have to be [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jane[/name], it’s just great. Another option is to combine your top picks for [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Tess[/name] or [name]Violet[/name] [name]Lola[/name], but my preference is for [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Tess[/name], it’s very spunky.

[name]Ruby[/name] is super popular where I live. [name]Lola[/name] is short for [name]Lolita[/name] so I’d watch that one - i wouldn’t want to be named after a book on you know what! I know a nice [name]Violet[/name]. But honestly go with your heart. Who cares what we think.

[name]Anna[/name],

You asked me which I would choose considering popularity, right? Where are you that [name]Ruby[/name] is so popular? I mean, for me, popularity isn’t a huge deal if I love a name. For instance, I love [name]Charlotte[/name], and its rather popular, but that wouldn’t stop me from using it if it was the name I loved the most, you know? However, if I was choosing a name off of your list, after considering what you’ve said about popularity, I’d choose [name]Tess[/name]. Honestly, if I was naming a child off your list from the start I would’ve chosen [name]Tess[/name], regardless of popularity. My second choice would be [name]Violet[/name], and my third choice would be [name]Ruby[/name]. [name]Even[/name] though [name]Ruby[/name] was my great-grandmother’s name, I like it as a middle name more than a first name. But, that’s just because I had a family member with that name. I just love [name]Tess[/name] is all!

So, when you hear [name]Tess[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name], I’m assuming you think of evangelical and evangelists in the Church sense, right? I just think [name]Evangeline[/name] is such a gorgeous name, and it has such a bright and cheerful meaning - “bearer of good news” - that I don’t think of the Church immediately. Then again, I’m not terribly religious, to be honest. I do think [name]Tess[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] works well, but if you aren’t in love with the name, maybe it isn’t right for you! [name]Tess[/name] [name]Katherine[/name] is fine, but [name]Tess[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] doesn’t work so well - truthfully, I think a name starting in a vowel works best following [name]Tess[/name], so here are some thoughts…

[name]Tess[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]*
[name]Tess[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name]
[name]Tess[/name] [name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Tess[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]*
[name]Tess[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name]*

[name]Tess[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Tess[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Tess[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]*
[name]Tess[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]*
[name]Tess[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]*

[name]Tess[/name] [name]Imogen[/name]*
[name]Tess[/name] [name]Isadora[/name]

[name]Tess[/name] [name]Octavia[/name]
[name]Tess[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]*
[name]Tess[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name]*

[name]Tess[/name] [name]Ursula[/name] - Um, no way!

Okay, that’s what I’ve got on the vowel front. I’ve marked my favorites, but really, [name]Tess[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] takes the cake for me. It was on my own list for awhile, honestly, so it’s hard for me to forget. Does anything stand out to you?

If not [name]Tess[/name], [name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is adorable. [name]Lola[/name], especially [name]Lola[/name] [name]Daisy[/name], just feels way too cute - as you pointed out - to me. I think she’d appreciate a name with a bit of a grown-up feel, but she could definitely go by a sweet, “cute” nickname as a little girl, right? I mean, I’m still [name]Birdie[/name] to my parents…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I live in [name]Wellington[/name], New Zealand and [name]Ruby[/name] is in our top five names in NZ.

[name]Tess[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] gets my vote

I’m in the UK, [name]Ruby[/name] is #2 here and #1 in [name]Wales[/name] where my other half lives!

I do love [name]Ruby[/name], especially [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]…so spunky and fun!

I do love [name]Tess[/name] (also [name]Bea[/name], but I’m not sure how well it stands for a full name) when you write [name]Tess[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]…it does look so pretty :slight_smile: I’ll note it down. I think [name]Tess[/name] fits a baby, a child, an adult and an old lady sooo well. It doesn’t seem to date for me like [name]Lola[/name] does!

Thanks for the suggestions…I like…

[name]Tess[/name] [name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Tess[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name]

A few of my own I love…(it doesn’t have to flow perfectly, I know it helps, but I just love both the names here)

[name]Tess[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Tess[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Tess[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Tess[/name] [name]Madeline[/name]
[name]Tess[/name] [name]Coraline[/name]

We have a list we are taking to the hospital (She is due next month) I’ll let you know what we pick but heres the list if you are interested. Would love to hear what you like best :slight_smile:

[name]Ruby[/name], [name]Tess[/name], [name]Violet[/name], [name]Bea[/name], [name]Stella[/name], [name]Isla[/name]…top picks. But also liking [name]Matilda[/name] but not sure if I’m brave enough to use it as the first name spot. I think it makes a good middle name. If not it’ll either be [name]Elizabeth[/name], [name]Katharine[/name], [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Susannah[/name] as they are family names.

Maybe my little one will come out with her name band attached to make it easier for us? hehe

[name]Anna[/name]

I think I would go with [name]Violet[/name] [name]Blythe[/name]. I think a daughter would be happy to have such a pretty name.

[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Jane[/name] or [name]Violet[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. I like the flow of the longer first name and the short mn.

love love love violet- classic and pretty- i love the nn villy and ollie and tilly that you could use.
ruby is gorgeous too- i think its pretty and classic as well-
lola would be next, but i kinda think of an old diva when i hear this too…
tess is nice but i wouldnt use it-
all the best xoxxo

i just had to comment on this post! all 4 names are some of my favorites! my dd is [name]Tess[/name] [name]McKayla[/name] (not a huge fan of the way i sp it but it seems to fit her). i also found it hard to come up with a mn for tess. my fav of your list would be [name]Tess[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] which is funny because [name]Tess[/name] has a friend [name]Evangeline[/name] who was born a couple weeks apart from her :slight_smile: maybe thats why i like it. but really we need more Tesses in this world! its such a great name that gets overlooked.

im due in oct with another lil girl and were going with [name]Adelaide[/name]. but im still searching for next time around if its another girl and what keeps rolling off my tongue is [name]Tess[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] or [name]Tess[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] lol so im considering them as well. when i think of violet i think of violent :confused: but i think i could get passed that. ruby is not as popular in the states as it is in the uk which is great for me but bad for you… i wouldnt use it if it was #2 here…
[name]Lola[/name] ive always loved. tess actually has a friend named [name]Lola[/name] [name]Ann[/name] and her sisters name is [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Lily[/name] :slight_smile: my dhs grandmother had an aunt lola which is pretty cool too. but for some reason the name sounds provocative to me now and its been replaced with [name]Lilah[/name] as my fav…
they are all super fabulous names! good luck!