Please please help us pick a name for our girl!!

Our baby girl is due on the 16th of the month, and we are yet to zero in on a name. We have a couple of names that might pair well with her sister’s name [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]. The following four names are our favorites. Please pick your favorite and let us know. Thank you so much !

[name_f]Joanna[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

[name_f]Danielle[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

Definitely [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] or [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I don’t like the “elle” in [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] because your older daughter is [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]. They’re too similar, imo. Between [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] its hard for me to pick a favorite because I really like them both. [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] and [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] rolls of the tongue a bit better than [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], but I think I actually prefer [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. It’s so pretty.

I would go for [name_f]Joanna[/name_f]. Would be nice to have a non-[name_f]Elle[/name_f] name (Seeing her sister already has one). [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is the only name on your list I dislike. 4
Other names that have the [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] vibe are:
[name_f]Julianna[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucia[/name_f]
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]

[name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] seem like really nice pairs. I think [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] matches your daughter’s name a fair amount, while the other 3 name choices seem to match too much.

I also like @ella17’s suggestion of [name_f]Valentina[/name_f].

I think my vote would go for [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. I personally prefer [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]–it’s my favorite girls’ name ever, and [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is sweet, albeit a bit generic. But I find [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] to be quite “ell” heavy, and I don’t think I could go for it. However, [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] have the same lush femininity and strength, and a plethora of lovely nicknames each. My favorites for [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] would be [name_f]Eva[/name_f], [name_f]Evie[/name_f], and [name_f]Annie[/name_f], but there’s also [name_u]Angie[/name_u], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f], [name_f]Lina[/name_f]/[name_f]Lena[/name_f], [name_f]Eline[/name_f]/[name_f]Elina[/name_f], Vange, Vany, [name_f]Eve[/name_f], etc.

[name_f]Joanna[/name_f] is pretty and I do like it a lot, but I prefer the more timeless and less known [name_f]Johanna[/name_f] (which I think pairs really well with [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f], actually!), and [name_f]Danielle[/name_f] feels quite dated to me (and still very “ell” heavy with [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]). If you don’t care about the repeated "ell"s, then [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] for sure gets my vote, but [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] is an easy second.

Good luck!

[name_f]Joanna[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is really pretty, girly and sweet!

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] and [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] sound SO GOOD together. [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is such a gorgeous name, even when you aren’t considering how well it goes with big sister’s name.

[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] is very pretty, but very popular and also has the -ell sound. I’m not opposed to the idea of [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] and [name_u]Gabby[/name_u], though. But which one would get to go by [name_f]Ella[/name_f]? If your kids can have the same nickname, the names are probably too similar to use together.

[name_f]Danielle[/name_f] sounds dated. I know a million that are my age. Also, like [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], -ell heavy.

[name_f]Joanna[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] - beautiful, strong, classic, but I’m not feeling it with [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]. [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] is more exotic and sweeter somehow.

My vote would be [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], a billion times over. Plus, [name_f]Evie[/name_f] and [name_u]Gabby[/name_u]? So cute.

Definitely [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] or [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. I also like [name_f]Valentina[/name_f], mentioned above. I would avoid other elle/ella names.

Seems like [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] has a very polarizing effect…People either love it or hate it!

[name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] and [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] sound perfect for sisters. Though I like [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u] even better than [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]. [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] and [name_u]Evelyn[/name_u].
I agree with some of the previous commenters about the “ella/elle” names: I wouldn’t use them. It would be way too matchy with [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f].
Good luck!

I think [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] would work really well.

I’m on the [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] train. It sounds lovely with [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is gorgeous & sounds best with [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f]. I really like [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] too, but [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] doesn’t have the same feel as [name_f]Gabriella[/name_f] - it’s almost plain next to her sister’s name.

[name_f]Joanna[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]! Though I prefer it spelled [name_f]Johanna[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. [name_u]Gabby[/name_u] and [name_f]Evie[/name_f] would be so cute!

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] nn [name_f]Evie[/name_f] (not [name_f]Eva[/name_f], too similar to super popular [name_f]Ava[/name_f])

i think its a smart idea to avoid more names that end in -belle or -elle. Also I think [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] is almost the same as [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f].

I’m not a fan of [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f], and I think its a lot more extravagant of a name compared to [name_f]Gabrielle[/name_f]. And [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] is going in the opposite direction kind of. But if I had to pick from the two, I’d say [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

Suggestions:
[name_f]Henrietta[/name_f]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Camilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Jasmina[/name_f]
[name_f]Mariana[/name_f]
[name_f]Cynthia[/name_f]
[name_f]Angelica[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]/[name_f]Emmaline[/name_f]

[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]…
It’s simply timeless, beautiful, and elegant.

I’d choose [name_f]Joanna[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. Second choice would be [name_f]Evangeline[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f].